Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Kitty was pitch perfect. Y’all are crazy.

I haven't been paying attention to Magik lately. Is she still able to time-travel? Because it seems like writers forget all the time that Magik's stepping discs allow her to travel through both space and time. She can easily undo Rictor's death. I'm hoping she's pretending that he's dead so she can use him as a secret ace-in-the-hole for a future fight.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I haven't been paying attention to Magik lately. Is she still able to time-travel? Because it seems like writers forget all the time that Magik's stepping discs allow her to travel through both space and time. She can easily undo Rictor's death. I'm hoping she's pretending that he's dead so she can use him as a secret ace-in-the-hole for a future fight.
    She said in Extraordinary that she won't undo big things like Sapna's death because she's not a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm not a big Rictor fan or anything, but I do definitely hope he's back by the end of this. There are too many dead X-men as it is.

Also, I know they're busy with the funeral, but can someone please check to see if Warlock is okay???

I don't read Gold, but is it really as bad as people make it sound? In concept, Kitty rising up at the X-Men's leader of the future has always sounded great to me.
    It is written by Guggemheim, he can really waste any good concept

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So what if Rictor is dead? Illyana is sad, Illyana feels guilty, Illyana thinks she's a bad leader.

Illyana Illyana Illyana

Why did they even bother making this mini a team book?
    The question is is "New Mutants: Dead Souls" necessary? I'm not hating the writer. If characters are being dragged to nostalgia, they can never grow.
    Last edited by 244; 06-08-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Gah Kitty got on every one of nerves...
    1.) Why oh WHY is she even there? Why not Rahne? Rictors former beard. or Tabby? She crushed on Rictor and has been with him since Inferno. Shatterstar? His on/off Grindr hookup Dani? Who is/was a Valkyrie, his fmr Mew Mutant leader and has a personal relationship with Death. I would have preferred Bird-Brain or Gossaymer than Kitty "X-Babies" Pryde

2.) Her My Chemical Romance reference is not only dated and ridiculously trite but wrong. 30 seconds to Mars would have been more appropriate

3."Girls with Swords " seriously What. The. eFFF.
    The whole thing seems forced... I get it they're both leaders buuuut does anyone even know this NM team up exists? Pretty sure this is the first time since Kittys "promotion " she's even mentioned Illyana let alone her "team" This moment was a great opportunity to bring in Karma providing much needed on panel interaction between her and 'Yana strengthening the NM bond but Karna is an actual OG NM who is often left on the sidelines and added some GodDamning diversity
    Last edited by BroHomo; 06-11-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Gah Kitty got on every one of nerves...
    1.$ Why oh WHY is she even there? Why not Rahne? Rictors former beard Tabby? Who crushed on him and has been with him since Inferno Shatterstar? His on/off Grindr hookup Dani? Who is/was a Valkyrie, his fmr Mew Mutant leader and has a personal relationship with Death. I would have preferred Botd-Brain or Gossaymer than Kitty "X-Babies" Pryde
    2.) Her My Chemical Romance reference is not only dated and ridiculously trite but wrong. 30 seconds to Mars would have been more appropriate
    3."Girls with Swords " seriously What. The. eFFF.
    The whole thing seems forced... I get it they're both leaders buuuut does anyone even know this NM team up exists? Pretty sure this is the first time since Kittys "promotion " she's even mentioned Illyana let alone her "team" This moment was a great opportunity to bring in Karma providing much needed on panel interaction between her and 'Yana strengthening the NM bond but Karna is an actual OG NM who is often left on the sidelines
    At times, I've felt Dani was a better friend to Magik than Kitty.

BANNED

This is really senseless. Rictor was an interesting character and to let him die in a 6 issue miniseries is just too disrespectful.

I would have preferred Strong guy or Boom Boom to die.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    The question is is "New Mutants: Dead Souls" necessary? I'm not hating the writer. If characters are being dragged to nostalgia, they can never grow.
    What happens in Dead Souls doesn't necessarily have to drag Magik back to nostalgia. Feeling guilty and sad over what happens to Rictor would be natural. And it might cause Illyana's character to move forward and develop in the aftermath. It might make her come to appreciate certain things about life a little more.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    What happens in Dead Souls doesn't necessarily have to drag Magik back to nostalgia. Feeling guilty and sad over what happens to Rictor would be natural. And it might cause Illyana's character to move forward and develop in the aftermath. It might make her come to appreciate certain things about life a little more.
    I would’ve preferred it if a different writer writes Magik. So far, Magik is generally one-note under Rosenberg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I would’ve preferred it if a different writer writes Magik. So far, Magik is generally one-note under Rosenberg.
    After Bendis and Lemire I can’t really complain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    After Bendis and Lemire I can’t really complain.
    Bendis’ take on Magik was sort of hit-or-miss to me but it was okay.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

All I know is Rictor better not be dead!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    we need summore Karma :////

Yes, and yes why the hell is she so sparingly used, we need more Karma in X-books!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    In context with how she is portrayed in Gold just makes it worse....it is not a good joke and as a friend she should've said something more supportive.
    Admittedly, I despise Guggs all knowing, useful, and mighty Katherine Pryde the wonderful. I thought the was the most "Kitty" she's sounded in years. I never thought Aaron, Gillen, Bendis, Bendis, and many writers who've used her recently understood the character. I felt they author insert whatever they needed unto her. This was alright.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Yes, and yes why the hell is she so sparingly used, we need more Karma in X-books!
    Considering the New Mutants are dealing with Tran, it makes more sense for Karma to act as team leader and have her be the central focus. I love Magik and she's my favorite character, but it would've been nice if she sort of took the back seat.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This Kitty/Illyana moment is so touching. It's stuff like this I miss in the core X-Books.
    This this this. This is the Illyana and Kitty I grew up with. The best friends taking care of each other.