Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default New Mutants: Dead Souls #4 Preview

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...new-mutants-4/

This issue looks like it’s going to be a tearjerker (though I expect the fatality to be back by the end of the series with a little help from Dr. Strange). Don’t cry, my sweet Darkchylde.

And look at that it’s actually possible to write Kitty as both compassionate and caring, while also characteristically smug.

Damn. That's rough. Poor Magik. My first X-book was Illyana's death, so seeing her crying at someone else's funeral is odd.
    More importantly... Poor spoilers:
    Rictor. Killing a queer mutant during pride month? Geez. I wonder how Shatterstar'll take it. I hope his death gets undone.
    end of spoilers
    Kitty needs another time out in a space bullet to correct her superiority complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

we need summore Karma :////

Oops. Didn't mean to post that.

Edit: I'm loving this book and the characters' voices. But I'm not liking what's happening in this preview.
    Last edited by gifted; 06-07-2018 at 09:47 PM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

This Kitty/Illyana moment is so touching. It's stuff like this I miss in the core X-Books.

Spectacular Member

I’ve always liked Rictor, but let’s be honest, his personality was just too abrasive that few writers ever wanted to put him on a team, and when they did, he was much more often than not the foil to others. Being a grouch and a whiner can only take you so far. Maybe he was actually fridged to give Shatterstar some Development hehehe
    Last edited by JDC001; 06-08-2018 at 04:01 AM.

BANNED

• Kitty. This is not the right time to be smug & condescending. Look after your friend.
    • Magiks hair still looks so bad. Someone needs to fix that trainwreck.
    • Rictor Does this mean the cover for issue #6 is misdirection or is he set to return? And if he is really dead, what does that mean for poor Shatterstar?

I've been enjoying this series. It has done plenty to remind me how far Magik has come and why she still deserves to be among the X-men's top ranks. Hope it leads her and the rest of the New Mutants to take on a larger role in future X-books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member

I have to wonder if some of the complaints about Kitty here are more to do with how she's portrayed in Gold. 'I'm better than you at everything' is a joke to lighten the mood here, but may take on a different context after how much Guggs has propped her up over everyone else.

Magik's dealt with death before, killing Cat and old Ororo, seeing Doug die, killing Sapna. Each instance was traumatic in its own right. But this was not only the first time she lost someone as a leader, but now she has hundreds of civilians on her conscious as well. Hope there's some good development here and that it doesn't get totally forgotten like what happened with Sapna.

Awesome character moments there. But I'm not inclined to give up on Rictor just yet, especially not when 1) we've already had so many flavors of undeath running around in this story and 2) Rosenberg has faked out the audience when it comes to killing off New Mutant-y types already.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Awesome character moments there. But I'm not inclined to give up on Rictor just yet, especially not when 1) we've already had so many flavors of undeath running around in this story and 2) Rosenberg has faked out the audience when it comes to killing off New Mutant-y types already.
    Oh, he's dead, but I don't think it's permanent.

The solicits literally spoiled a death that the team was going to actively try to reverse already.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The character who supposedly dies does so in an airplane explosion. Those are always the easiest deaths to reverse. And this is a supernatural story to begin with. He could easily be brought back to life using a spell. Or the bad guy could have the dead characters soul and has it hostage. The other New Mutants go to save him.

That or I am wrong and the dead character's fans are f****d because he really is dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I have to wonder if some of the complaints about Kitty here are more to do with how she's portrayed in Gold. 'I'm better than you at everything' is a joke to lighten the mood here, but may take on a different context after how much Guggs has propped her up over everyone else.

Magik's dealt with death before, killing Cat and old Ororo, seeing Doug die, killing Sapna. Each instance was traumatic in its own right. But this was not only the first time she lost someone as a leader, but now she has hundreds of civilians on her conscious as well. Hope there's some good development here and that it doesn't get totally forgotten like what happened with Sapna.
    In context with how she is portrayed in Gold just makes it worse....it is not a good joke and as a friend she should've said something more supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh, he's dead, but I don't think it's permanent.
    Six of one...