Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm not a big Rictor fan or anything, but I do definitely hope he's back by the end of this. There are too many dead X-men as it is.

Also, I know they're busy with the funeral, but can someone please check to see if Warlock is okay???

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    In context with how she is portrayed in Gold just makes it worse....it is not a good joke and as a friend she should've said something more supportive.
    I don't read Gold, but is it really as bad as people make it sound? In concept, Kitty rising up at the X-Men's leader of the future has always sounded great to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

I don't read Gold, but is it really as bad as people make it sound? In concept, Kitty rising up at the X-Men's leader of the future has always sounded great to me.
    YES it's that bad. It isn't so much Kitty just how she's portrayed and how everyone around her doesn't know what to do without her direction. The writing is just BAD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I have to wonder if some of the complaints about Kitty here are more to do with how she's portrayed in Gold. 'I'm better than you at everything' is a joke to lighten the mood here, but may take on a different context after how much Guggs has propped her up over everyone else.
    Exactly. Kitty has always been smug and this isn't the first time that's played for laughs. Not to mention Rosenberg likes to show the best and worst sides of characters (in this book we've seen Magik keep her teammates out of the loop all the time, Rictor be whiny, Wolfsbane be holier than thou and Boom Boom be Boom Boom). And she was comforting to Yana for two pages before that (while also sassing her in a light-hearted way). If Guggs was writing this, Kitty would've already mentioned Piotr, told Yana exactly how to process Rictor's death and worried that the funeral might interfere with the wedding.

very poor optics to kill off marvel's only lgbt mexican considering the current state of affairs these days. and on pride month no less ...

let's hope this is a misdirection of some sort because otherwise ...

With the exception of the last part the moment between Kitty and Magik was good.

I do not think everything is as it seems in relation to Rictor but we have to wait to be sure.

I wonder if some of them still have the powers gotten with Mothervine or will this be forgotten and played in limbo?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Looks good. Rictor is one of my favorite characters but I'm sure he's not permadead and will likely be brought back within the next issues. I'm just glad he's being used again after being in limbo for so long. Looking forward to seeing the reactions of the cast and, hopefully, Shatterstar.

Loving this series and I found this exchange between Kitty and Yana very charming.
    Perhaps it’s because I DONT read gold and that’s what is souring this for so many. From the compliment on Betsy’s “borrowed” dress to the sisterly make up assist, it’s THIS kind of interpersonal dynamics that wooed me back in the Claremont days when character was the strongest focus and conflict/battle was secondary.

This issue looks great so far, Great to see some New Mutant interpersonal relationships taking the forefront after so long.
    If only Doug were in this comic instead of getting badly abused over in Hunt for Wolverine.

I was afraid Warlock would be the one to bit the dust, but it's just Rictor. Everything's ok.
    And it's probably not even a real death, otherwise they wouldn't show it in the preview.

So, Illyana doesn't have a proper dress and doesn't know how to make up. She needs Miss "I'm too good to be a New Mutant" to help her.
    I really hate how the characters who are not part of the A-list X-Men are infantlized in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Xargukon View Post
    This issue looks great so far, Great to see some New Mutant interpersonal relationships taking the forefront after so long.
    If only Doug were in this comic instead of getting badly abused over in Hunt for Wolverine.
    Seconding that.

Doug?
    Wolverine?
    Details please, if y’all would be so kind?

So what if Rictor is dead? Illyana is sad, Illyana feels guilty, Illyana thinks she's a bad leader.

Illyana Illyana Illyana

Why did they even bother making this mini a team book?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Doug?
    Wolverine?
    Details please, if y’all would be so kind?
    Doug is being pretty horribly mistreated in The Hunt For Wolverine: Weapon Lost.
    There's not even a discussion thread here about the comic so we've just been talking about it in the Cypher appreciation thread.
    If you're a Doug fan (and I know you are) I'd recommend avoiding it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I was afraid Warlock would be the one to bit the dust, but it's just Rictor. Everything's ok.
    And it's probably not even a real death, otherwise they wouldn't show it in the preview.
    Damn, son.

Thats Kitty? Thought it was Rahne