BANNED

Default Did DC ever claim that the Super Marriage only happened as a publicity stunt?

Back in 2013-2014 I saw someone claim that DC (I think Didio) once said that the Superman/Lois Lane wedding (which obviously led to the status quo f them being married) only happened as part of a publicity stunt, specifically one that was intended to tie-in with the Lois and Clark TV show of the 1990s.

I know that isn't true, the wedding was planned out as far back as the early 1990s but the L&C TV show caused it to be delayed, hence we wound up with Death of Superman in the first place.

However, I cannot find the original poster who was saying DC were making that claim in the first place nor can I find anything online where anyone from DC makes that claim so far in my search for it.

Did he specifically say it was always intended to be a thing that synced with a tv show, though? Or was he maybe just claiming it was in general a stunt? Because one can be kinda liberal with the definition of a publicity stunt. But yeah if he was tying its actual origins to the show, then that is mistake as the engagement predates ABC's early development of it as a project. They were gonna do it whether the show came to fruition or not.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-09-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El