View Poll Results: Which Super physique do you prefer?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • BULKY: Old School Circus Strongman

10 15.15%
  • DAD-BOD: 40 year old man with six pack drawn on his stomach

8 12.12%
  • LEAN & TONED: Men’s Fitness Cover Model with a cape

41 62.12%
  • As long as his underwear is outside his tights, I don’t care!

7 10.61%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I love that, too. I think I got a poster of it, somewhere (my wife and I went to the fan expo in Canada one year).
    They made a poster??

I need it.

Okay, now, I gotta ask: the people saying Clark wouldn't be buff because he's too strong to effectively work his muscles.......come on guys. Think about it. All the heavy lifting on the farm, the wide open miles perfect for running, the quiet off the radar saves requiring stealth, speed, strength, and precision, all the battles against gods, demons, alien armies, manifested cosmic ideas.....think about the broken bones (and yeah, he's had them) and the impossible forces his body has had to literally push against. Clark Kent is a dude who has pushed his physical limits every day of his life. He wouldn't necessarily be gym rabbit swole (and he shouldn't be) but he's going to look rugged. Dude's a lumberjack, he should look like one.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They made a poster??
    That Manapul art was used in the poster for the 2009 Joe Shuster Awards. That's how I remembered it.

jsa5_final_sponsors_rev.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    That Manapul art was used in the poster for the 2009 Joe Shuster Awards. That's how I remembered it.

jsa5_final_sponsors_rev.jpg
    I'mma steal one!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

He got a serious 6 pack here

https://youtu.be/ISzdsT_FILo

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Lean and toned, is what I think Superman should look like. in the style of IMMages here.

Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Incredible Member

His new officially stats are: 6 3 and 235 pounds. 1 inch taller than Batman. 210 pounds.
    Last edited by gwhh; 10-17-2018 at 01:57 PM.

I guess my preference is where he's obviously very physically fit but in a realistic way(like Christopher Reeve or Henry Cavill). A bit slimmer than the usual artist renditions, but not as small as in the Earth One graphic novel. I liked the way the real-world Clark/Superman was drawn in Secret Identity, especially with the way the tights looked like tights rather than body paint.

Now that's not to say I dislike the way he's drawn in some of the more popular renditions, like Swan, Lopez, Byrne, and Jurgens. Out of those four, my favorite would probably be Lopez. I understand that in comics, everything is a little exaggerated so even an average person who only just became a superhero is going to slap on a pair of tights and look extremely athletic.
    Last edited by Last Son; 10-17-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Master Hero Vladimir

Superman 1.jpg
    Looks like Francis Manapul is finally bringing his A-game to Superman, at least in Justice League. His variant covers for Action Comics seem a bit rushed.