Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Isn't this the same case with Madden and how it has the sole NFL license right now ?
    I mean in the case of Madden and the NFL everyone knew that would happen the instant the story broke(and it's still a bullcrap move that basically destroyed the entire genre of football games and ruined Madden too), but so far as I know that's not the case with the MLB. They did apparently revive the RBI Baseball title, but apparently the game is complete trash so the Show is still the only good Baseball game

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean in the case of Madden and the NFL everyone knew that would happen the instant the story broke(and it's still a bullcrap move that basically destroyed the entire genre of football games and ruined Madden too), but so far as I know that's not the case with the MLB. They did apparently revive the RBI Baseball title, but apparently the game is complete trash so the Show is still the only good Baseball game
    To be fair , NFL Gameday was great on PS1 for sure. But dear lord did it go to **** that 1st , PS2 game. I can see why NFL yanked the license and handed it to Madden. (I did hear that the ESPN games were actually good before that happened...never played them)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I remember the belief period when 2K sold their sports games for $20 including NFL 2K. At the time many people believed EA secured an exclusive license so they wouldn't be undercut like that again.

One of the things I brought up at the start was how great God of War was for Sony. Of course according to reports as development began Sony was scared itself how the game was going along. In a demo last December one executive claimed he was 'horrified" at the game play.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...-before-launch

But Sony never pulled the plug and allowed the development team to continue work and fix things. After they worked on it some more the executive played it again and liked what he saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Sony continues its exclusive hit run with Spider-Man , according to a sales expert ...the game will be a top 10 selling game this season.

https://gearnuke.com/npd-analyst-pre...pider-man-ps4/

Also given how successful the game is , Buffy actor James Marsters was so excited for the game he detailed picking it up and playing it in tweets...

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09...pider-man-ps4/