Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Well, Nier Automata is on XBox now.
    The game was never truly exclusive. There was a PC port as well.

Astonishing Member

At the rate things are going now it looks like Nintendo of all things may end up snatching the crown at the last minute.

Sony's anti-consumer stance on multiplayer isn't doing them any favors.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    At the rate things are going now it looks like Nintendo of all things may end up snatching the crown at the last minute.

Its gonna pass Microsoft X-Box One in 2 years for sure. If sales continue to hold up it possibly will beat the PS4. Of course by this point Sony will be on the PS5 (as its rumored to be coming in 2020/2021).

Also as one stat was brought up ...Sony used combined figures of all its consoles and handhelds to reach the 525+ million units sold. Its why they are doing a special 500+ million PS4 console. Well Nintendo recently revealed with Switch and all its handheld's combined ...console wise they have sold 720+ million units !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well, Nier Automata is on XBox now.

I think an important one you missed is MLB The Show. It's the reason I bought Playstation in the first place.
    I still can't wrap my head around the Show being the only real baseball game anymore what with the sheer variety of baseball games I grew up with

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I still can't wrap my head around the Show being the only real baseball game anymore what with the sheer variety of baseball games I grew up with
    Isn't this the same case with Madden and how it has the sole NFL license right now ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'd buy a PlayStation again if it's fan weren't so douchey.

PC, Nintendo, XBone ... I'm fine without a PS4 right now.

I'd miss out on some great games because some fans are douchey. I have had both honestly...I got an X-Box One (twice) and honestly the sign in process to get in the system and its lack of games really made it an easy decision to get rid of it. I didn't care what fans are douchey or not. If the games aren't there or worth getting , why stick with it ?

I don't think this will bite Sony in the ass until PS5 rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Baseball is in a downturn, so variety is not going to be a thing for awhile.

FYI ...

Super Mega Baseball is pretty amazing. The second one just came out and it is one of the better baseball games I've played in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Isn't this the same case with Madden and how it has the sole NFL license right now ?
    The Show is terrible, though. Madden at least sometimes pulls out a good game every so often. The current engine has some good moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd miss out on some great games because some fans are douchey. I have had both honestly...I got an X-Box One (twice) and honestly the sign in process to get in the system and its lack of games really made it an easy decision to get rid of it. I didn't care what fans are douchey or not. If the games aren't there or worth getting , why stick with it ?
    The online greifers remind me of the first Halo days.

I'm not talking about the ePeen PS4 is the best, PC master race, etc type arguments.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I truly have a problem with things like PS plus.

It's not really about money, or more precisely about the amount they charge, but man, the simple idea of it is revolting to me.

Ultimate Member

As at now, the console wars for this generation are over. Sony won this pretty decisively.

What's going to happen in the next generation is up for debate.

The Show is terrible, though. Madden at least sometimes pulls out a good game every so often. The current engine has some good moments.
    Granted, I haven't picked one up in a couple of years (I'll live without the roster updates. Annualization is BS. If companies want to do "games as service", sports games are the natural fit for a subscription service), but that is a minority opinion.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sony's won this generation which is a shame since Microsoft was on par with the Xbox 360.

Also Japan has a large grip on the gaming market and they've been shunning Microsoft so PS4 owners had access to gems like Persona 5, Final Fantasy 10 and 12, Tales of Berseria, Disgaea 5 (also on Switch), Nioh, Odin Sphere, etc.

Japan shuned Xbox from the beginning. It was never a good seller there. No point in developing games for a console that's not selling.

Granted, I haven't picked one up in a couple of years (I'll live without the roster updates. Annualization is BS. If companies want to do "games as service", sports games are the natural fit for a subscription service), but that is a minority opinion.
    I dunno. Most of my old Madden league would rather just pay a fee every year. I would like to see sports games have longer breaks between large releases.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The online greifers remind me of the first Halo days.

I'm not talking about the ePeen PS4 is the best, PC master race, etc type arguments.
    I don't see where its a master race argument on console. One has more games to play as a whole , the other doesn't. I mean one console will have Spider-Man arriving in a couple weeks. The other won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    As at now, the console wars for this generation are over. Sony won this pretty decisively.

What's going to happen in the next generation is up for debate.
    Microsoft decided to bring in more studios like Ninja Theory to try and create games. But as someone said , once Ninja Theory turns in a game like we saw with Hellblade ; what makes Microsoft with what is rumored to be their heavy handed approach with developers from stepping in and demanding horse **** multiplayer and more silliness ? Ninja Theory is bragging up the deal for now but folks are like...you best be prepared folks for what you signed on for.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sony's won this generation which is a shame since Microsoft was on par with the Xbox 360.

Also Japan has a large grip on the gaming market and they've been shunning Microsoft so PS4 owners had access to gems like Persona 5, Final Fantasy 10 and 12, Tales of Berseria, Disgaea 5 (also on Switch), Nioh, Odin Sphere, etc.
    As one article from Game Informer discussed last year , the cracks began on X-Box 360 as time passed. Microsoft saw its success and thought they needed more CONTROL over the studios and what was happening. One example was its Halo series that became huge for them. The original creators of it wanted at least 6 more months to fine tune the game. Microsoft told them NO and rushed the release out. Which alienated those folks who walked from the studio. And this kept up happening as Microsoft would see something , demand changes etc.

While they easily started off winning that console generation due Playstation's blunders ...Sony saw what errors they did. They also saw how stupid the company they were competing against were and how they handled studios and thought....lets not do that for PS4. And its a practice they likely will keep up on PS5.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Japan shuned Xbox from the beginning. It was never a good seller there. No point in developing games for a console that's not selling.
    Which is pretty true . One report on how bad it was in Japan was in one month the machine a couple years ago sold 100 units as a whole that month. Which is...pretty damn bad.