Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
Superman, Bond, Batman, Frankenstein, Dracula etc. are all literature/comic characters different than purely cinematic original creations like Elm Street, Friday The 13th, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Child's Play, Saw, Scream etc. as i'm just saying retire the purely cinematic horror icons like Freddy (Robert IS the one and only Freddy and no one else can be him), Jason, Michael, Leatherface, Chucky, Ghostface, Jigsaw etc. and let them rest in peace for they earned their retirement. just let iconic horror franchises and their icons rest in peace and move on and try to find new ones.

I just want mainstream horror genre to stop being a lazy fatass on the shitter with scarfing down cheetos/cupcakes and take risks again like Romero, Hitchock, Friedkin and other great horror directors did in the past and take a page from the independent and foreign horror markets. Now A Quiet Place is an example of taking a risk and it was a hit, learn from it mainstream horror genre. I love Chucky, Freddy, Leatherface, Jigsaw, Jason, Ghostface etc. and that's why you gotta let them go, let them rest in peace and be buried in their graves. They just need to make and create new horror icons again, try again mainstream horror genre just try try try try again.
There is no difference and heck Friday the 13th didn't even become the iconic imagery we know till the 3rd film so we wouldn't have the iconic Jason if not for sequels.