Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Wasn't Laurie supposed to be adopted by Michael's parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    This is a good point. I think a good twist would be when Michael escapes he's not thinking about Laurie at all, he just wants to pick a new babysitter to terrorize. Rather, its Laurie who is obsessed and goes after Michael, essentially becoming a de facto Dr. Loomis in a way. In other words, no more mutual obsession (without the sibling angle its back to being random) but rather a ONE-way obsession, Laurie killing Michael.
    It’s not a one-way obsession though. In the trailer Laurie says, “He’s waited for this day, he’s waited for me, and I’ve waited for him.” So they’ve gotten rid of the sibling angle for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wasn't Laurie supposed to be adopted by Michael's parents?
    Laurie was adopted by the Strodes after Michael killed their older sister, Judith Myers. I think the Rob Zombie remake had the same set up.
    Last edited by Charmed; 06-10-2018 at 07:02 PM.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    In the original Halloween Laurie was adopted by the Strodes after Michael killed their older sister, Judith Myers. I think the Rob Zombie remake had the same set up.
    Does it say she's adopted in the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Nope. The second one. I had to go back and edit my post lol

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

If I remember correctly new footage was created for the "clean" TV edit of the original film showing the word "sister" written in blood on a wall in young Michael Myer's padded cell. The footage was shot during the filming of Halloween 2. It's basically a "special edition" setting up the surprise reveal in part 2.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I remember it as part II is kind of a retcon. Michael Myers is the boogeyman. He's not there to attack his sister or his family. He's a nightmare come to life. Random violence. That's why it scared me. Once I understood I'm not his cousin or his uncle I wasn't scared anymore.

Astonishing Member

Michael not being overtly supernatural is a good thing for a thriller. It became ridiculous as he could absorb tons of punishment and keep ticking. Even the end of II should have ended him with the gun shots.

I think the normal human version is actually scary. The only fun part of Jason being supernatural was when the FBI blew him up (great planning) and he came back. Only good part of that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Michael not being overtly supernatural is a good thing for a thriller. It became ridiculous as he could absorb tons of punishment and keep ticking. Even the end of II should have ended him with the gun shots.

I think the normal human version is actually scary. The only fun part of Jason being supernatural was when the FBI blew him up (great planning) and he came back. Only good part of that movie.
    I still think that Jason was a mutant with regenerative abilities. I dismiss Jason goes to Hell continuity outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I still think that Jason was a mutant with regenerative abilities. I dismiss Jason goes to Hell continuity outright.
    The funny thing is, if you treat the old original 1980's novelization of "Friday the 13th: Part 3" as canon, your pretty much correct! The book goes slightly into Jason's mind and he thinks about how he was always healing faster than normal from injury. (It's also how he survived drowning.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Hulk View Post
    It’s not a one-way obsession though. In the trailer Laurie says, “He’s waited for this day, he’s waited for me, and I’ve waited for him.” So they’ve gotten rid of the sibling angle for no apparent reason.
    It could still be mutual, yes...on the other hand the trailer also went out of its way to show Laurie is now batshit crazy so she may not be a reliable source of information here. SHE may think its mutual when its not to justify her craziness, but we'll see.

I remember it as part II is kind of a retcon. Michael Myers is the boogeyman. He's not there to attack his sister or his family. He's a nightmare come to life. Random violence. That's why it scared me. Once I understood I'm not his cousin or his uncle I wasn't scared anymore.
    which is the main reason Carpenter never liked the sibling angle. I do, but I can see where he is coming from. Michael wants to kill his family, anyone that gets in the way in collateral damage, but as a random killer, it is more scary. Hell the family that was looking to buy the Myers house could of been the random victims, if Laurie hadn't dropped off the key that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    The funny thing is, if you treat the old original 1980's novelization of "Friday the 13th: Part 3" as canon, your pretty much correct! The book goes slightly into Jason's mind and he thinks about how he was always healing faster than normal from injury. (It's also how he survived drowning.)
    haven't read that one. strangely, I'm a horror fan who avoids horror comics (unless they are old EC books).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It could still be mutual, yes...on the other hand the trailer also went out of its way to show Laurie is now batshit crazy so she may not be a reliable source of information here. SHE may think its mutual when its not to justify her craziness, but we'll see.
    I figured that he was sort of like Cletus Kasady. he tried to kill her and she got away. that just won't stand.

To be very honest I didn't feel one way or the other about the trailer until the classic Halloween music hit and I felt very exited. October is coming and Halloween is coming and I love that time of year and we're going to get a new Halloween movie!