Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bring it on! I liked Halloween II and H20 but they are by no means irreplaceable films.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

**** this! Halloween is a DEAD franchise. Bury it. There's no need for this and NOBODY asked for this. Just these moronic, brain-washed fans who like any of the garbage Hollywood shills out. I don't give a **** if people say I hate everything. Hate is GREAT, we need more hate! At least it's genuine and can't be faked. Hate for Star Wars post-return of the jedi, hate for SJWs, hate for nostalgia fueled sequels (like Jurassic World for example where Blade Runner 2049 is a sequel to an older film that respects the source), hate for hack writers and directors, hate for every bad remake and reboot, and hate for these creepy, misogynistic, child raping studio executives who greenlight these shitty movies and disrespect the actual moviegoers IE US even me and the two guys i mentioned! Like Palpatine would say "Let the hate flow through you."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    **** this! Halloween is a DEAD franchise. Bury it. There's no need for this and NOBODY asked for this. Just these moronic, brain-washed fans who like any of the garbage Hollywood shills out. I don't give a **** if people say I hate everything. Hate is GREAT, we need more hate! At least it's genuine and can't be faked. Hate for Star Wars post-return of the jedi, hate for SJWs, hate for nostalgia fueled sequels (like Jurassic World for example where Blade Runner 2049 is a sequel to an older film that respects the source), hate for hack writers and directors, hate for every bad remake and reboot, and hate for these creepy, misogynistic, child raping studio executives who greenlight these shitty movies and disrespect the actual moviegoers IE US even me and the two guys i mentioned! Like Palpatine would say "Let the hate flow through you."
    You literally just bitched in another thread about recasts and here is this film where you have the same original actors and the guy who created it all involved..... Yeah you come off as an entitled geek. You don't have to watch **** if you don't like it.

Trailer #2 out today. It looks awesome. Easter eggs to Halloween 2 (kids with boombox, lady with hair is curlers making a late night snack), Halloween 3 (freaking Silver Shamrock Masks!) and H20 (Bathroom stall). There are others also but these were the 3 that stood out. Can't wait!

Can't wait to see these trailers!

The killings look random, which IMO amplifies the "it could happen to YOU!" Can't wait to see this.

It looks...ok? I mean visually it looks nice, and the music for the trailer is on point, but no shot in the trailer gave me the chills. Maybe I'm numb to the franchise but nothing looked scary. For this to work they are really going have to make me care about and fearful for Michael's potential victims.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Looks good to me!

Can't wait to see it. It captures a lot of the original feel.

Sad that Donald Pleasance is not with us anymore to be in this 40th Anniversary movie.

Early reviews are very positive. Calling the best since the original.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Early reviews are very positive. Calling the best since the original.
    Yes, I have heard this as well. It is the old-time, good Halloween movie I have been waiting to see again!

OK, so here we are at last. Halloween-2018 opens tomorrow.

Is anyone planning on seeing it?

If so, post your reviews, but please disguise spoilers with inviso-text or some other trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    OK, so here we are at last. Halloween-2018 opens tomorrow.

Is anyone planning on seeing it?

If so, post your reviews, but please disguise spoilers with inviso-text or some other trick.
    hope to see either tonight or on Saturday early afternoon.

So is there an ambiguous ending, or is Michael Myers-- the real, original criminal (and not a copycat) getting his final comeuppance, once and for all?

I actually enjoyed H20 as a reboot/finale. The first Rob Zombie movie was decent. But this is a villain franchise that I see as the weakest among the iconic ones. Where do you go with this guy if Laurie is killed?

I plan on seeing it Sunday matinee.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Sad that Donald Pleasance is not with us anymore to be in this 40th Anniversary movie.
    Agreed, that's the one thing that makes me sad about the erasure of Halloween 2 from the timeline. One less Donald Pleasance appearance in the Myers story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So is there an ambiguous ending, or is Michael Myers-- the real, original criminal (and not a copycat) getting his final comeuppance, once and for all?

I actually enjoyed H20 as a reboot/finale.
    I liked H20 as well (with the exception of all the fake jump scares). Unfortunately, Resurrection destroyed the finale aspect of it.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    villain franchise that I see as the weakest among the iconic ones. Where do you go with this guy if Laurie is killed?
    See Halloween 4-6