Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead or Alive 6

Default Dead or Alive 6

Well that looks...not particularly different from DOA5. I guess the sweat effects are more pronounced? And sometimes blood gets on the screen? (or is that just for the trailer?) (I hope so, it's distracting)

And is that last bit with Kasumi supposed to mean something, beyond her just ineffectually fretting? Which is what I recall her main characteristic being, granted.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Well that looks...not particularly different from DOA5. I guess the sweat effects are more pronounced? And sometimes blood gets on the screen? (or is that just for the trailer?) (I hope so, it's distracting)

And is that last bit with Kasumi supposed to mean something, beyond her just ineffectually fretting? Which is what I recall her main characteristic being, granted.
    I figured that was another Kasumi clone.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I don't know the franchise that well but personally I think electing to skip the attractive female character attires means it is likely to lose its distinctive identity. I know people might not all approve of the volley ball games and boob physics but it does make DOA more unique as a series. Plus I'm pretty sure no one outside the core fanbase knows any of the male characters.

Despite playing the hell out of DoA1-4, I skipped out on 5 entirely. I don't know why, but I might come back with 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I figured that was another Kasumi clone.
    Good lord, they're still doing the Kasumi clone thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Plus I'm pretty sure no one outside the core fanbase knows any of the male characters.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yes, Generic Ninja Guy. (Heh, to be fair I don't follow the series that welll... is it Gaiden?)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ninja Gaiden predates DoA by several years.

The series losing the smut sucks. It's like having a Mortal Kombat game without the blood and gore.

Here's hoping the character design for this game is better than the last one. DOA5 had some weak character designs compared to the other franchise at the time. Ryu is probably the series's male lead but he's pretty meh as a character so this is something they could try out with someone new.

It would have been cool if it was a full-on crossover with Virtua fighter.

Ultimate Member

Well they could always up the smut with the dlc outfits and such so I wouldn't count it out just yet...Ryu had his own series of games years ago...and then again more recently...with some "friends"...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ninja Gaiden predates DoA by several years.
    I know. It's probably cheating to use him as an example. Still, guys like Jann Lee and Hayate are really popular. Or they were...it's been a while since I checked.

The series losing the smut sucks. It's like having a Mortal Kombat game without the blood and gore.
    MK with no gore would be an abomination in the eyes of God, but I'm strangely indifferent to the fanservice in DoA.

download (1).jpg

Gameplay and interview with the game's director.

Gameplay and interview with the game's director.
    video's not appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    video's not appearing.
    How about now?

How about now?

So they announced that they are toning down the sexuality in an effort to be taken seriously. They tried this in DOA5 and it sort of worked/failed.

So maybe they use the sexuality to be taken more seriously? you know actually being mature with the character's sexuality instead of the 12 year old trying to peep at playboy tone they had in the past games?

NG had potential with this because Ryu's future wife Irene is a CIA agent. There's potential for some sexy Mr and Mrs Smith action that they did not bother with.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

So they announced that they are toning down the sexuality in an effort to be taken seriously. They tried this in DOA5 and it sort of worked/failed.
    DOA5 has over $1,200 of DLC. Most of which is WaifuSpankFuel. They didn't even try to tone down the fanservice in 5.

I actually wonder how closely they'll stick to their word. The lure of making silly amounts of money with low-effort swimsuit costumes was clearly too much for them to resist last time.