View Poll Results: Will you SUBSCRIBE to the DC Universe Streaming Serivce?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I will subscribe to DCUSS!

13 21.67%
  • NO! I will NOT subscribe to DCUSS

27 45.00%
  • NOT SURE YET! But I'm leaning toward yes!

9 15.00%
  • NOT SURE YET! But I'm leaning toward no!

11 18.33%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Are you LOOKING FORWARD to the new DCU Streaming service? Will you SUBSCRIBE?

According to the article on CBR's home page, the DC Universe digital streaming service will launch in just two months -- August 2018.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-universe-stre...august-launch/

This is quite sudden, I think, because I was under the impression that the new shows wouldn't be ready until late 2018 or 2019 at the earliest, and I think that is still the case.

The article, however, points out that there will be other content besides the 4 shows in development (Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Young Justice: Outsiders). Other shows like animated Harley Quinn and live-action Metropolis are also in the pipeline.

They've also said that there will be the back catalog of DC media like animated series and movies available on there as well (and, I guess DC live action TV shows).

Finally, they've said that digital comics will also be available. No details as to what comics, but it might be smart to have the digital codes of current comics be redeemable at the DCUSS (DC Universe Streaming Service) in addition to classic issues.

For me, this is all stuff I could be interested in, but I don't know if there's enough content to justify a monthly subscription fee for me. I already own all the DC live action and animated stuff on DVD or Blu-Ray, and this is my preferred format. I hope that the DCUSS original series get a Blu-Ray release with digital codes.

I'm glad that DC is doing something like this, but I think they'd be better off just partnering with Amazon or Hulu or Netflix for a DCU portal on their streaming services because I keep going back to the fact that there's not enough content to justify an ongoing subscription.

So, will you guys be subscribing to the DC Universe Streaming Service?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Really with me it would depend if they have all of the Arrowverse shows and all the classic animated shows on there, and of course if it'll be out in the UK any time soon, ideally on multiple devices and not just on my little laptop. Plus with Disney's streaming service around the corner, likely with a ton more content to choose from...

DC should have launched this years ago, now they've probably missed the boat
    The J-man

The problem is that people who don't have money to burn despise stuff like this before it even starts. I'm already paying for Netflix so put it on Netflix or forget it. I'm not paying a separate fee to see Disney stuff including Marvel and Star Wars and yet another separate fee to see DC stuff. It's heading in the direction of every single major studio wanting their own service so they don't have to share the profits but I'm not going to tripe my costs by buying three services for what would previously have been all on Netflix.
    Power with Girl is better.

Edit: Nevermind, I missed this part:

"Poised to become the premier location to stream DC-inspired films and TV series, DC Universe is also expected to house an extensive collection of digital comics in its catalog"

Well now, it just comes down to the price. I'm absolutely game for this.
    Life is but a dream

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I already have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and WWE Network. I don't have the money for another service.

Has there been any information about pricing? It'll have to be pretty cheap for me to even consider getting this. It's too narrow an offering for me to be worth a premium price.
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Has there been any information about pricing? It'll have to be pretty cheap for me to even consider getting this. It's too narrow an offering for me to be worth a premium price.
    Yep.

It just seems odd to launch it without some of the actual "I'd Actually Consider Paying For That..." content in the can. I have a tough time seeing a bunch of folks plunking down the cash early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I already have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and WWE Network. I don't have the money for another service.
    Pretty much this, there's not enough content for me to add yet another streaming service
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Fantastic Member

It would depend largely on what they're offering. I've already got Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, and Funimation. What would probably tip the scales for me, is how extensive the back catalog of comics will be. I've always hoped DC would do something like Marvel Unlimited, so if they're integrating that, and it's got stuff going back to the Golden Age, I would consider it IF they aren't charging more than Netflix.

The content is supposed to include things like the DCAU, Titans, Young Justice, Swamp Thing, and I would presume a number of other DC related shows. And the price, from what I've heard, is that its supposed to be cheaper than Netflix.

BANNED

I don't mind having multiple streaming services, but where I do draw the line is a service that's a one trick pony. A service that only offers DC, or Marvel, or James bond, or whatever one thing...no. Not going there.

Incredible Member

I'm sticking with the streaming services I have now. Adding one will mean I have to cut one (don't want to do that). In addition to encouraging every studio out there to go it alone, making the world more maddening then when I was paying for cable tv.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Look I love DC, but unless you're rich most people don't have the money for several streaming services. Just DC shows would honestly get old for anyone outside of a hardcore DC fan,

If they say, combined with Boomerang to bring in all of those Hanna Barbera series and what not, I could see more people getting it.