View Poll Results: Will you SUBSCRIBE to the DC Universe Streaming Serivce?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I will subscribe to DCUSS!

13 21.67%
  • NO! I will NOT subscribe to DCUSS

27 45.00%
  • NOT SURE YET! But I'm leaning toward yes!

9 15.00%
  • NOT SURE YET! But I'm leaning toward no!

11 18.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

The should combine it with CBS streaming to make something that may be worthwhile.
    Sounds perfect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The should combine it with CBS streaming to make something that may be worthwhile.
    Those two things combined would not = worthwhile, imo

Extraordinary Member

Will they have new exclusive content? Even so wouldn't that be a dumb move as they'd probably find a wider audience on networks and stuff like amazon/Netflix.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Will they have new exclusive content?
    Live action Titans show, and third season of Young Justice. They announced a Swamp Thing TV series a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Live action Titans show, and third season of Young Justice. They announced a Swamp Thing TV series a few weeks ago.
    There's also a Harley Quinn cartoon and a Doom Patrol spinoff of Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Oh okay sounds like some good stuff. I think they're gonna need a lot of new content and maybe some big event t.v/movie stuff to keep this going. Kinda like WWE thing is WWE doesn't really have any competition.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 06-10-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

The one thing they can offer is comics + content. I mean if they have an in-house catalog, some of my comics money can be diverted into the streaming service.

I won’t be subscribing. We already have Directv and Amazon Prime.

I DO believe more and more companies will break away from Netflix, Hulu, and amazon and start their own.
    Definitely see this getting all splintered up into tiny segments.
    Net, Hulu, and Amz may eventually be left with the crappy shows no one wants to watch as often is the case with many of the satellite tv channels we get that we don’t want or watch.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    I won’t be subscribing. We already have Directv and Amazon Prime.

I DO believe more and more companies will break away from Netflix, Hulu, and amazon and start their own.
    Definitely see this getting all splintered up into tiny segments.
    Net, Hulu, and Amz may eventually be left with the crappy shows no one wants to watch as often is the case with many of the satellite tv channels we get that we don’t want or watch.
    I think this is likely in the short term. Longer term a splintered model is, I think unsustainable. When every streaming service is specialized to this extent, every service will be the one with the crappy shows no one wants to watch - in terms of each appeals only to a tiny minority of people. Then services start to fail and merge back into larger, multi-faceted services again like Netflix and Amazon.

Although, the business model I believe this is moving to is that ISPs begin to offer particular streaming services as part of a package, just like cable companies of the last 40 years. Buy OUR internet service basic package and get streams X, Y and Z in standard definition. Or upgrade to our Gold Service and get those streams in high definition, plus streams A and B. Want streams C, D and F? Sorry, they have an exclusive deal with another ISP, or is exclusive only in hi-def, or any of a dozen other complex scenarios. So now the discussion moves up in the chain and threads appear on this forum about whether you would buy Mediacom AND Comcast, because only one has Warner Brothers and the other only has Disney.

And that is precisely why, as is trying to be pointed out in another thread, it sets a very dangerous precedent for Comcast to buy FOX. Cable companies are attempting to extend their cable channel-model forward into the streaming arena. But if the cable company owns the content as well as the channels, they can effectively kill most competition in both arenas.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 06-11-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Fantastic Member

Sorry but Disney and Dc need to slow down. While Disney does have more content, the marvel shows aren't good enough for me to pay monthly. I don't want multiple marvel shows to help fill the roaster. Disney streaming service seems more for kids anyhow. Dc now does not have enough content and their shows stink after season 1 or two. Flash is dead. Arrow trying to make a come back from what I hear. The films are dead, I like manof steel but they messed up bad afterwards. This is pure greed. Just share with netflix and Amazon

(Thumbs up) Good comments and points AJBopp and Shriveling_memo.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Look I love DC, but unless you're rich most people don't have the money for several streaming services. Just DC shows would honestly get old for anyone outside of a hardcore DC fan,
    To me, it's the same thing as Youtube launching their own streaming based mostly on this Karate Kid show . Forget it. I'll wait until it starts showing up elsewhere for free. Like you, I'm not rich. It's why I don't buy many comics anymore in our $3.99 for one comic book world. As I said before, put it on Netflix or forget it. They need to quit raping people for every petty dime they can make.
    Power with Girl is better.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I've got a couple different streaming sites I make use of since cutting the cord like four years back, I'm good.

I'd probably wait a year for the original content to build up, subscibe for like a month so I can binge everything, thrn cancel and wait another year.

I very much doubt it would have enough content for me to keep it indefinitely.

We now have more info about the pricing of the DCUSS:

"BURBANK, CA – July 19, 2018 – Fans looking to experience the first-of-its-kind digital subscription service that is DC UNIVERSE are one step closer today. Slated for release in fall 2018, fans in the United States can now pre-order DC UNIVERSE at DCUNIVERSE.com for the yearly membership fee of $74.99 (plus tax, if applicable in your state). Monthly memberships will be available at launch for $7.99 a month."

This means that if you do the yearly subscription now, it comes out to about $6.25 per month. But again, you are obligated for a full year.

It seems to me that for the amount of content that they have, most people will opt to do a $7.99 subscription for a single month, watch everything they're interested in, and then cancel until enough time has passed that more new content has been added.

I really think that a separate DC streaming service just doesn't have enough stuff to justify a perpetual subscription.

I think AT&T should create a WarnerMedia Streaming Service that has a DC Portal, a Warner Movies Portal, Warner TV Portal, Warner Archive, HBO, Looney Tunes, Cartoon Network, etc. etc. so that all the entertainment libraries in the WarnerMedia family can be accessed from a single point.

I think even if it were priced at 30 bucks a month, people would go for it because there would be enough content that you would never run out of things to watch.

So, anyway, is anyone more tempted to sign up at the $7.99/month price or does anyone want a full year subscription?