View Poll Results: Will you SUBSCRIBE to the DC Universe Streaming Serivce?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I will subscribe to DCUSS!

13 21.67%
  • NO! I will NOT subscribe to DCUSS

27 45.00%
  • NOT SURE YET! But I'm leaning toward yes!

9 15.00%
  • NOT SURE YET! But I'm leaning toward no!

11 18.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The main issue is going to be the digital comics catalog. If that's halfway decent, then the service is worth it. But the info about that so far is nebulous. It's not like Marvel Unlimited where they try to put up as much of the back catalog as possible up to six months ag.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think another reason this service feels off to me is that their older content far outweighs the new. Limited to just one genre publisher at that. I've already re-watched BTAS and STAS a couple years ago, so I don't need the time machine just yet.

As far as current stuff, I'm vaguely interested in Swamp Thing, and was looking forward to Titans until the trailer flipped that interest upside down. So, that leaves me with only 1 thing I can't wait to see: Young Justice Outsiders. Not paying for a sub service just for one show. It's not the worst idea, but it could use some work.

Amazing Member

I'm not. As far as the really old shows like Batman 66 and Wonder Woman 77, I have those on DVD and I'm fine with the quality. Batman TAS and Superman TAS? Same (though I never finished collecting the latter). The other DCAU shows? I've thought about getting them on DVD anyway, I've just never gotten around to it. Their comics stuff? I prefer to OWN the comics I really like rather than pay for a service that could go down.

Their new content? Titans, pfff, no, really unlikely at this point unless there's a surprise, or a miracle, or both. Swmap Thing? I was never really interested in Swamp Thing. Doom Patrol as a Titans spinoff, nope. If Titans is anything to go by, Doom Patrol is less likely to be good. The only thing of real value would be Young Justice. But at the same time, while I really liked YJ, I wasn't the biggest fan and I might be content waiting for DVD release.

I also agree with most of the people on this thread that DC probably doesn't have a big enough selection for this to work all THAT well, and that if it were part of larger WB content it might work out better. I mean Disney's service is, well, Disney, and not just Marvel. They've got enough material to be just fine striking out on their own, but DC by itself? Probably not the best idea. Sure they announced several projects, but how long will they take to get out, and how long can the service last without more meat on its bones?

Actually... now that I think about it, it reminds me of the DC Nation Block on CN. A block of programming that had only two full on shows (Green Lantern the Animated Series and Young Justice), but otherwise, nothing but shorts. They weren't bad shorts, but that's not really a very good block to work with. Disney's current anime block has more to work with than the DC Nation block ever did.

Huh. What a weird parallel.

Sorry got distracted there. I vote for a distinct and firm no.

They are using Netflix as the basis of what to charge, with maybe 5% of the content of Netflix.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

No thank you. The price is too steep for what I would get, and that Titans show looks like a horrible mess. Can we please stop trying to be dark and edgy? I guess not.

Pass.
    Life is but a dream

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I pre-ordered the annual subscription to give it a chance. I figured $75 for 15 months (1-year plus 3 extra months for pre-ordering) isn’t a bad price for TV shows and comics.

BANNED

No. Simply because i cannot afford it.

Nope, not for stuff like Titans.

BANNED

For me, the question is whether i will prioritize what I know of the content it offers over other things I already have or want. The answer is a hard no.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They are using Netflix as the basis of what to charge, with maybe 5% of the content of Netflix.
    That is a problem!

When Netflix was starting up, the primary draw was the DVD mailing service, with streaming as an added bonus. They didn't split off the services until their digital library was substantially larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Nope, not for stuff like Titans.
    It's cool you didn't like the first trailer and I totally understand that but how can you completely condem a show with out so much as a review?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's cool you didn't like the first trailer and I totally understand that but how can you completely condem a show with out so much as a review?
    1) cause i see the tone they went for that show and i have no interest in that. 2) Geoff Johns, nothing against the man but i never cared for his writing.

And 3) it's just a goddamn show, even if i'm completely wrong and that it turns out to be excellent, well, too bad, i'm not going to die over that.

I can condemn it so easily cause it's not important.

Oh and, streaming. That kinda pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    1) cause i see the tone they went for that show and i have no interest in that. 2) Geoff Johns, nothing against the man but i never cared for his writing.

And 3) it's just a goddamn show, even if i'm completely wrong and that it turns out to be excellent, well, too bad, i'm not going to die over that.

I can condemn it so easily cause it's not important.

Oh and, streaming. That kinda pisses me off.
    That's cool but for me I'll give something at least one try.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That's cool but for me I'll give something at least one try.
    No problem, hope you will enjoy it.

Niffleheim

I just want to watch Young Justice and that will cost me a month of subscription but if i hear that it might end up on Netflix eventually i wont even bother with the one month sub