View Poll Results: Will you SUBSCRIBE to the DC Universe Streaming Serivce?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I will subscribe to DCUSS!

13 21.67%
  • NO! I will NOT subscribe to DCUSS

27 45.00%
  • NOT SURE YET! But I'm leaning toward yes!

9 15.00%
  • NOT SURE YET! But I'm leaning toward no!

11 18.33%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    No problem, hope you will enjoy it.
    Thank you. your a nice guy.

Extraordinary Member

Not for me, personally. Most of the older shows I would want from this service I already own and if Titans is any indication, I probably wouldn't be inclined to change my mind any time soon.

That said, I reserve the right to change my mind if I'm wrong.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's cool you didn't like the first trailer and I totally understand that but how can you completely condem a show with out so much as a review?
    Two words. "F*** Batman"

Kinda sums it all up.
    Life is but a dream

I was till that awful titans trailer came out.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I preordered, so I'm getting 15 months of this service for $74.99, which literally comes out to a fraction of a cent less than $5 a month.
    I can justify that, and if after 15 months I've burned out or don't feel there's value, I'll cancel and wait for Warner Bros./AT&T to combine DCU into a larger subscription service.

I want to support this and the larger content as a whole. Plus, there will be digital comics offered and it's free to switch between devices. It's worth a shot to me. I'll take my time with the original content and won't run through it all in one weekend.

I also didn't mind the Titans trailer, it seems cool enough for me to try out.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 07-26-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Nah. I wanted a MCU equivalent. Don't really care for the shows.
    Superhero shows are trash

I'm looking forward to everything but Titans so I'll get it when Young Justice premieres to show my support is for YJ and the service but not Titans.

All-New Member

As far as all the old school Batman cartoons, I'd get the DC streaming service just to binge on those and cancel afterwards.. No interest in the new shows, if they are going in the same direction as Titans. I don't like the tone of Titans thusfar.. "F..k Batman" ? no way!

Magento PWA How to configure image sizes in Magento How to get product attribute in Magento How to install Magento 2 using composer App Marketing Made Easy
    Last edited by simicartan; 07-27-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Two words. "F*** Batman"

Kinda sums it all up.
    I don't have a problem with it I mean it's one line out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't have a problem with it I mean it's one line out of context.
    I mean... even if its out of context, its still a moment they chose to highlight. And he proceeds to gun down/neck stomp/murder the thugs. I'm not sure how out of context that is. If its supposed to be some dark flashback, well they chose to spotlight it for the trailer.

No thank you. I'm just fed up with dark and edgy "Superheroes"

Life is but a dream

Astonishing Member

Another streaming service...ugh just stop...I know they won't stop and more and more are coming, but I won't contribute...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Another streaming service...ugh just stop...I know they won't stop and more and more are coming, but I won't contribute...
    That's how I feel too. I'm not subscribing to multiple services. Put it on Netflix or I'll wave goodbye to it.
    Power with Girl is better.

OK, now we know that the DCUSS will start in about 2 weeks on Saturday September 15, which is also DC's "Batman Day" event.

We also know that Titans will launch a month later on Friday October 12.

Finally, we have the announcement that Stargirl will premiere some time in 2019. The other originals include Young Justice Season 3, Swamp Thing, and Doom Patrol.

So, to summarize, you get:

- digital comics
    - reruns of classic DC TV shows and movies like Batman: The Animated Series
    - Young Justice: Outsiders
    - Titans
    - Doom Patrol
    - Swamp Thing
    - Stargirl

If you sign up now, I think the deal for 3 free months is still available.

I'm still thinking this is not enough content to justify a monthly subscription. Maybe one month per year to scoop up everything available at the time.

Also, I think it's a mistake to launch without any new programming. Launching Titans a month later seems risky. I guess they're going for a staggered launch to get multiple promotional opportunities out of it -- multiple jump-on points for consumers, if you will. But will that work?

I still think the way to go would be to launch a larger WarnerMedia streaming service as I posted above and have DC Universe be one of the many portals within that main site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm looking forward to everything but Titans so I'll get it when Young Justice premieres to show my support is for YJ and the service but not Titans.
    I wasn't impressed with the Titans trailer. Also it doesn't help that I never watched that show/s or read the comics.

I voted Not sure yet, but maybe if I find some show really interesting in the future or if I hear great things about them. If I had a lot of $ I probably do it right away, but don't so it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I mean... even if its out of context, its still a moment they chose to highlight. And he proceeds to gun down/neck stomp/murder the thugs. I'm not sure how out of context that is. If its supposed to be some dark flashback, well they chose to spotlight it for the trailer.

No thank you. I'm just fed up with dark and edgy "Superheroes"

The majority of CB stuff isn't dark or really edgy in my opinion.