Now throughout my yrs reading Spider-Man, Hobgoblin has always been one of the more interesting villains. The mystery around his identity, the dupes, and the fact that the mantle was always being taken up by someone made it so you'd always want to keep up with his stories to avoid further confusion. It's been a lot of fun going back and reading older Hobby stories to connect the dots on many things.

As I was reading through #250-251, Roddy appeared to be frozen in fear when Spidey arrived to question him. Eventually I realized that this was Daniel impersonating him since Hobgoblin was clashing with Spidey while he was watching. The Hobgoblin Lives mini also made it clear since Daniel was constantly in fear about everything there. Dude was scared of his own shadow. Stern definitely kept his personality intact.

What I found odd was Hobby's appearance in Big Time. He showed up to an Osborn hideout, played around with some of the new tech, and was perfectly fine with the idea of killing Urich to prevent him from complicating things. Honestly, this doesn't seem like Daniel Kingsley at all. The same guy was ready to shoot Roddy to save Betty and stop him from harming others. For him to go from that to is hella OOC. This happens constantly in the Marvel universe, but this one just seems outta place.

Was there anything implying that the Hobgoblin Urich sliced was originally Roddy? Based on his dialogue and how aware he seemed about the situation, you'd think it was actually him in the costume. He had the personality of the real Hobgoblin.

I didn't read Big Time when it was initially published, so I unfortunately wasn't around to see the discussions.