Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If Sensation Comics returns

If sensation comics did come back what should it be and should it be written by a different creative team?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If sensation comics did come back what should it be and should it be written by a different creative team?
    I've always felt that Sensation Comics should be the book that spotlights Diana and the Wonder Woman 'family,' Similarly to Tynion IV's Detective run. My top choices would be Jeff Parker, Peter Tomasi, Steve Orlando or Marguerite Bennett on 'Sation, with Tim Seely or Tom King (or mystery A-Lister) writing the main book.

I felt like with Rucka's year one that should have been Sensational comic while the 10 years is the main comic

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I've always felt that Sensation Comics should be the book that spotlights Diana and the Wonder Woman 'family,' Similarly to Tynion IV's Detective run. My top choices would be Jeff Parker, Peter Tomasi, Steve Orlando or Marguerite Bennett on 'Sation, with Tim Seely or Tom King (or mystery A-Lister) writing the main book.
    I think the last format of random chronicles was not working, but this should do great. Since the Wonder Woman title deals with the main story (aka Jason and all the crap), Sensation could develop and establish her world.

Of course, I would love to see Sensation Comics come back!

I would like to see our myth and fantasy loving fellow fans FINALLY get a WW comic that features Diana and the Amazons facing a mystical threat, like Ares and Circe or wizards, ..EVERY ISSUE. That means Wonder Woman for us fans, who like a mix of fantasy, sci-fi and traditional superheroics, ..and Sensation Comics for the myth-n-magic folks. Fantasy Wonder-fans have been talking about an all-mystic WW comic for decades, and I'm sure some DC exec has considered it, once or twice...

So, why not give it to them?

My other wish for a rebooted Sensation Comics would be exactly what Mizuno is suggesting: a monthly comic to showcase (establish) the Wonder Family and the world that they inhabit. I really want to see Etta Candy, Donna Troy, all of the AMAZONS, Artemis, Golden Age Fury, Steve Trevor, the Olympian, Sargon the Sorcerer and Jason, in their own individual stories, in a monthly anthology comic, ..AND featuring two or three stories, an issue! I hope that world would include an iconic city, preferably an entirely fictional one, from which to launch or unfold Diana's CLASSIC adventures, ..forever.

I said ALL of the Amazons ..on their island! Present day stories and wild adventures, set in ancient times! The idea that the Wonder Woman film wasn't followed up by a monthly comic, showcasing the Amazons in heroic fantasy stories ..is just plain CRAZY. Where is that comic?! C'mon...

I'd also LOVE to see a cycle of stories featuring the Candy family - Etta, Hard and the others - and Sensation Comics would be the place for that.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-08-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

There is also Comic Cavalcade that Diana was a part of too. Maybe a team up of less known superhero

There is also Comic Cavalcade that Diana was a part of too. Maybe a team up of less known superhero
    Teaming up Wonder Wonder, Flash and Green Lantern in a revived 'Cavalcade comic. Great idea!

I'm really warming up to the idea of Sensation Comics alum, Sargon the Sorcerer, having a feature in the new Sensation and being a recurring (like three or four issues a year) character in the WW comic. He's nothing like the Wonders, but has impressive powers and could help out, one in a while...big stories. For all of us, who have just wanted to see some a super-powered male join Diana's hero family, I think Sargon would have been satisfactory ..AND, him being magical, a perfect fit for her myth-inspired world.

I'd also like to see a series of FERDINAND stories in Sensation. Perhaps, Ferdinand and Sargon could team up in these stories. This would be after packing Jason off for Herc's cottage in Twin Peaks, ..of course.

Mizuno can you imagine Diana and Sargon interacting in your ideas about Gateway, being DCU's capital of strangeness?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-10-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

My problem with Sensation was it's anthology format, because it wasn't connected to continuity it seemed pointless. The next attempt should be the main Wonder Woman title's equal in importance and essential to following her adventures. Parallel stories interacting and crossing over while remaining distinct and carrying the ball forward is the way to go.

I think sensational comics should maybe have 60 pages when it’s a big story. In terms of Sargon the Sorcerer and Diana the fact he gets his powers from the Rudy of life can help. In the silver age he was a bit of a villain. But since I don’t know too much the best way would be Diana teaching him how to use the gem after helping him stop the evil within the gem

Like Action Comics or Detective Comics, I'd make it another title that Diana more or less stars in, while building out her world. It wouldn't be too dissimilar to Wonder Woman in that regard, but have a bit more focus on building out her "city," supporting characters (Etta Candy, Steve Trevor, Ferdinand, Myndi Mayer, Helena Sandsmark, Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, Hippolyta, etc.), and concepts (Dooms Doorway, Transformation Island, ARGUS, etc.)

One thing I would insist on as editor, for example, is a moratorium on mythological or deity threats. At least on their own. If they're working with or influencing other costumed villains and mortals, I might allow it, but I'd use a second title to really dig into Wonder history and revamp/reinvent/rebirth characters like Duke Dazam, The Mask, The Gentleman Killer, Dark Angel, Inversion: The Inside-Out Man, Eviless, Anton Unreal, etc. Diana sorely needs her bench of villains to be creatively deepened. And besides, even at face value, her villains (even some of the one-offs) have intriguing aspects that can fit in nicely next to Ares, Circe, Cheetah, etc.

Diana, compared to Bruce or Kal, has been sadly without the benefit of more than one ongoing title in continuity fleshing out her character for so, so long. She deserves the added attention and page real estate to build out her world.

I'd have the writers of both books work together to decide on the characters and concepts they want to reinvigorate, stories they want to mine, keep them in communication with one another, and then let them have at it in building up and out her mythology. I'd rather see this, than a book that focuses solely on the Amazons or Donna Troy, etc. Diana should be big enough to carry two ongoing stories with focus and highlights on villains and supporting characters for arcs as necessary.

My other idea is essentially make it a Villainy Inc. title. There's something interesting to explore and a history to create about a team book of villainesses trying to make their way in the world in opposition to Diana and her friends and in the DCU where Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Ra's al Ghul, Darkseid, Ares, Joker, etc. are considered the ultimate "Big Bads."
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-12-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Unlike the other villainy inc I do think villainy inc should be like the Amazons. In that, they are a sisterhood and do hold trust in one another. No willing to backstab each other. I would like it if they did have other other female villains that come in every now and then

Unlike the other villainy inc I do think villainy inc should be like the Amazons. In that, they are a sisterhood and do hold trust in one another. No willing to backstab each other. I would like it if they did have other other female villains that come in every now and then
    I don't want to derail this into a Villainy Inc discussion, BUT I see them as a loose set of compatriots...some may be more willing to team up and be friendly than others, and that might be part of the story. It's a bit Secret Six in it's execution - there may be some backstabbing.

Back to Sensation Comics discussion...

I'd love it if Sensation Comics was a series featuring Wonder Woman back during the days of World War II, but I know how likely that is.

Much like the original I don’t think sensational comics should just be the common comic page number. That all the stories are focusing on the same story but different views from the characters. But that’s unlike.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd love it if Sensation Comics was a series featuring Wonder Woman back during the days of World War II, but I know how likely that is.

It'd be totally intriguing, depending on what happens with the Trinity and JSA post Doomsday Clock.