Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Typhoid Mary Is Back! Typhoid Fever: Spider-Man

This October, get ready for an outbreak -- Typhoid Mary is making a comeback to New York City! Specifically, she's got her psionic sights set on Hell's Kitchen! But while she's planning her attack, Daredevil is busy trying to take down Mayor Wilson Fisk -- so who's going to deal with this new villain? Fortunately, Spider-Man, the X-Men, and Iron Fist are all ready to step in and defend his home turf and show Daredevil that there's more than one Super Hero ready to protect New York!

Marvel.com spoke to Devin Lewis, editor of TYPHOID FEVER: SPIDER-MAN #1, who said "Typhoid Mary has one of the most dangerous powersets in the Marvel Universe – and writer Clay Mcleod Chapman (EDGE OF VENOMVERSE) is determined to use those powers in ways we’ve never seen before. Pyrokinesis, telekinesis, and mind control… and that’s all in the first scene! Wait’ll you see what else Clay has planned, and what artist Stefano Landini has done with the script for TYPHOID FEVER: SPIDER-MAN!"

The fever is rising, and if you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the Kitchen!

TYPHOID FEVER: SPIDER-MAN #1, written by Clay McLeod Chapman with art by Stefano Landini, will be available October 3! Contact your local comic book store today to pre-order your copy!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...r-spider-man-1

Incredible Member

Considering that she was pretty terrible over in X-Men, I hope she is redeemed. Mary is a lot tougher than given credit.

I think this will be a series of one shots with Typhoid Fever: X-Men up next. You can see Collosuss's arm on the right of the picture.

So...basically a series of one-shots about other heroes fighting Typhoid Mary while Daredevil is busy. I guess that's enough of a premise for a comic ?

"Typhoid Mary is making a comeback to New York City!" Did she ever leave ?

Mighty Member

Will the heroes still be giving Spidey the cold shoulder by then?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Having been first exposed to Typhoid Mary through Spectacular Spider-Man #213-214 by Ann Nocenti, I have a soft spot for her fighting Spider-Man, and her turn as Mutant Zero in Avengers: The Initiative was fun, too. Will be glad to read this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

sooo she's probably due to show up in live-action relatively soon, then

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Will the heroes still be giving Spidey the cold shoulder by then?
    Why would they be giving Spidey the cold shoulder? Is it still do to Superior Spider-Man?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Why would they be giving Spidey the cold shoulder? Is it still do to Superior Spider-Man?
    Nah basically in Amazing Spider-Man #1 Fisk plotted to drive a rift between Spidey and the other heroes by holding him in special esteem while his laws work against the others and based on the issue, it was working.

Meh, I might pick it up. Not really feeling this one in all honesty.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

This looks cool.
    I go out in a limb and say that Typhoid Mary is sane in this story thus making her a challenge to Spider-Man,x-men and the Iron Fist.
    I mean she have considerable powers (Pyroknesis,Teleknesis and Telepathy) so if she is in full control of her powers that would explain how the story have so many super heroes apearing.
    Villains with only one of those powers are known to be a challenge to super heroes,so Typhoid Mary with these three powers is something i think could make her a quite powerfull villain.
    Plus i think there are not so many female villains so thats another reason why i got to be so intrigued about this story.
    I am guessing as well that this story will be divided in three comic books,this Spider-Man story anounced,a x-men story (Colossus arm s partially apearing the Spider-Man cover) and a Iron Fist story.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sooo she's probably due to show up in live-action relatively soon, then
    Wasted opportunity not to have had Sigourney Weaver play her in the Defenders series.

Uhhh.... so is she going to be set up as Marvel's version of Harley Quinn, now, basically considering the heights that Harley has risen to? (yes, I am aware the Typhoid character goes back to the 1980s)

Well, best of luck.... (?)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Typhoid Mary? Meh, but I'll be checking it out most likely LOL.

Love Typhoid Mary! She us severly underrated IMO. Only a matter of time before she shows up in Netflix Daredevil.

- Jason G. Carr