Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    BANNED

The Osmazing Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

Personally, I'm afraid of what we could see from a Norman Osborn with Spider-Powers. The only Norman Osborn that I saw genually wanting to reform from his wrong ways was the one from "Ultimate Spider-Man", the animated series. I don't think it's impossible to see an heroic Norman Osborn with Spider-Man's powers, but it is going to be very uneasy to have him in the team. Every other spider (and surely the readers too) is going to be paranoid with him.

To be honest.... the Goblin serum made him plenty powerful... I think spider sense is really the main thing he gains.

I remember when during the Secret Wars event was happening one of the books was a Spider-Verse Vol two that lead to the Web Warriors series.
    Both Spider-Verse Vol 2 and Web Warriors I had hopes for greatly with the multiverse aspect and fun that could be showed plus unlimited possibilities and continuing rare characters/Earth stories and having some Spiders that had my interest. However both disappointed me in many ways (Biggest final result positive for me from that series was introduction of Octavia Otto a former Young Avenger of her world till the Electros came and killed them who is also a Token 'Doctor Octopus' of the Multiverse but young, female, and good who became apart of the team).

During the Secret Wars Spider-Verse Vol 2 5 issues there was a Norman and there was a Peter. During the event since it was meant to showcase the wide different Multiverses I was hoping that a twist would happen showing that Norman whom Gwen immediately distrusted was good and the Peter whom Gwen immediately trusted based on past Multiverse events was really bad. Doing so would tach Gwen (and by default the readers) how dangerous and wrong it is to quickly judge but also how the Multiverse is a vast and can be widely different per Earth and assumptions due to how one Earth versions were is a shaky foundation that has no merit. However that didn't happen and things went as every other world shown thus far making it dull and not stand out or a good lesson that could of been applied to the future Web Warriors series and gain character developments for Gwen and other that make assumptions.

Now we are going to read about a Spider-Man that is a Norman Osborn. Once agian I hope to be different from expectations and actually make him good. That maybe in the past he had a choice of focusing on his business or focusing on his family and while basically all other Normans focused on business and ego this one chose 'family' to be his center role which in a domino effect made him get Spider-Powers.

I agree that it would be super awkward and hard for many Peters to even think of working with any Multiverse Osborn due to history of their own.

It also could be interesting just like how Earth-65 Gwen might constantly hear the 'OMG Your dead speech' by multiverse Spiders (One funny moment was Gwen hearing about how she was dead in Spider-Punk's world because Punk Gwen as a message to evil Osborn blew herself up by choice gaining a fanbase in death and for Punk Peter that was awesome. Gwen's reaction was akin to a self head slap) this Osborn who is good constantly discovering every other version of him is evil to the point of his own annoyance of the lack of change in a grand multiverse (maybe he might meet Earth-617 Gwen to discuss that issue/annoyance as 617 Gwen's multiverse team is trying to push for changes while the watchers like things in a certain structure).

Maybe one Peter will be happy to meet a good Osborn and try to keep him protected vs the other Peters. Why: "He's the unicorn of the Multiverse! I want to bubble wrap him as we might not get another!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I remember when during the Secret Wars event was happening one of the books was a Spider-Verse Vol two that lead to the Web Warriors series.
    Both Spider-Verse Vol 2 and Web Warriors I had hopes for greatly with the multiverse aspect and fun that could be showed plus unlimited possibilities and continuing rare characters/Earth stories and having some Spiders that had my interest. However both disappointed me in many ways (Biggest final result positive for me from that series was introduction of Octavia Otto a former Young Avenger of her world till the Electros came and killed them who is also a Token 'Doctor Octopus' of the Multiverse but young, female, and good who became apart of the team).

During the Secret Wars Spider-Verse Vol 2 5 issues there was a Norman and there was a Peter. During the event since it was meant to showcase the wide different Multiverses I was hoping that a twist would happen showing that Norman whom Gwen immediately distrusted was good and the Peter whom Gwen immediately trusted based on past Multiverse events was really bad. Doing so would tach Gwen (and by default the readers) how dangerous and wrong it is to quickly judge but also how the Multiverse is a vast and can be widely different per Earth and assumptions due to how one Earth versions were is a shaky foundation that has no merit. However that didn't happen and things went as every other world shown thus far making it dull and not stand out or a good lesson that could of been applied to the future Web Warriors series and gain character developments for Gwen and other that make assumptions.

Now we are going to read about a Spider-Man that is a Norman Osborn. Once agian I hope to be different from expectations and actually make him good. That maybe in the past he had a choice of focusing on his business or focusing on his family and while basically all other Normans focused on business and ego this one chose 'family' to be his center role which in a domino effect made him get Spider-Powers.

I agree that it would be super awkward and hard for many Peters to even think of working with any Multiverse Osborn due to history of their own.

It also could be interesting just like how Earth-65 Gwen might constantly hear the 'OMG Your dead speech' by multiverse Spiders (One funny moment was Gwen hearing about how she was dead in Spider-Punk's world because Punk Gwen as a message to evil Osborn blew herself up by choice gaining a fanbase in death and for Punk Peter that was awesome. Gwen's reaction was akin to a self head slap) this Osborn who is good constantly discovering every other version of him is evil to the point of his own annoyance of the lack of change in a grand multiverse (maybe he might meet Earth-617 Gwen to discuss that issue/annoyance as 617 Gwen's multiverse team is trying to push for changes while the watchers like things in a certain structure).

Maybe one Peter will be happy to meet a good Osborn and try to keep him protected vs the other Peters. Why: "He's the unicorn of the Multiverse! I want to bubble wrap him as we might not get another!"
    That would be hilarious. I'd mention, though, that Spider-Punk is that reality's Hobie Brown, better known as the Prowler in 616, and not Peter Parker. That aside, I do like the idea of Spider-Norman being just as disappointed that nearly every version of himself is an evil bastard as Otto Octavius was that nearly every Spider-Man in the Multiverse was a variation of Peter Parker.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

iMan 42s

I'm expecting big things out of Osborn.

Some spiders are known to glide and in Miguel's case, he used his cape to do so. In Norman's it might be cool to see what a Spider-Glider might be like.The stingers would be neat to see adapted from the razor bats, and in the case of the classic pumpkin bomb, why not change it to something like a mass dispersal of spider-tracers? There is so much creative energy in this I'm genuinely excited to read it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

‏@AaronKuder
    27 minutes ago

Saw this on a couple preview sites... so I guess it’s safe to talk about... Spidergeddon #4 words and line art by me, colors for the cover here by the amaze-balls @DeanWhiteColor

https://twitter.com/AaronKuder/statu...54791582593024
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Man-Spider?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Man-Spider?
    I'm going with the idea that's there's some sort of evil version of Karn (or at the very least something that want to mes with the web of life and destiny)

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So... Has there been any word on Anya and the team working under Karn?

No, though three of the team members are on the teaser poster (Spider-Punk, Mayday, and Gwen), so they should be involved.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If the Inheritors are coming back, then I feel like Karn has to be involved, and thus the Web-Warriors will be around too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm honestly curious to see how they're gonna pull off Norman Osborn as Spider-Man. If he survives to participate in the main event, I could see all the Spiders being extremely uneasy around him, since Norman Osborn in almost any universe is a sadistic, scheming, murderous monster who's made Spider-Man's life a living hell, or at least tried to do so.
    I'd like to think that no one trusts him and they completely isolate or cut him out, but he still manages to show up at a super crucial time and help save the day because he is Spider-Man.

(and after that maybe betrays them all hah)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    I'd like to think that no one trusts him and they completely isolate or cut him out, but he still manages to show up at a super crucial time and help save the day because he is Spider-Man.

(and after that maybe betrays them all hah)
    So, Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal with a side of Then Let Me Be Evil? It would at least put a more tragic spin on his character that could make him more sympathetic, as opposed to the wholly evil bastard he usually is.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Listings for collections are starting to leak onto Amazon for February, including the Spider-geddon collection. Nothing too illuminating here, other than only highlighting our newest Spider-man
    https://smile.amazon.com/Spider-Gedd...1825834&sr=1-4

SPIDERGEDDON IS HERE! The end of all Spiders doesn't exclude the star of the most anticipated video game of 2018! How does he enter the Marvel Universe and what role will he play in the final chapter of SPIDER-VERSE?!

COLLECTING: SPIDER-GEDDON 0-5, SPIDER-GEDDON: VAULT OF SPIDERS 1-2

Vault of Spiders sounds like a collection of small stories (e.g. the Inheritors have captured a number of spiders and these are their backstories). Could also be a side mission or the title of my most recent nightmare.