Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Default Spider-Men & Women Across the Multiverse Unite in Spidergeddon Teaser

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-spide...iverse-teaser/

Taking cues from DC’s Watchmen, the teases touts, “Spidergeddon is Nigh,” and features several fan-favorite Spider-Men and Women from across the Multiverse and multpile eras of Spider-Man gone by. It also teases the creative team for the core Spidergeddon event: writer Christos Gage and artist Jorge Molina.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

It's especially interesting to me that Spencer will seemingly NOT be writing this event; instead, Christos Gage takes the reigns. I also wonder who the mystery Spider will end up being...
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

I've had my fill of Spider-People. I'm on a strict "No more duplicates!" diet now

I wish they didn't do these "Edge of..." books. Just collect them into one big book, jeez.
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

I will say, though, if I hear that RYV Mary Jane meets 616 Peter, and they talk about her marriage and it invokes something inside Peter, I'll read it. If not, hard pass.

I've got no clue who the hidden character could be, they're obviously important since not only is their identity hidden they're in the foreground. Most of the better known spiders are already seen so maybe an all new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I've got no clue who the hidden character could be, they're obviously important since not only is their identity hidden they're in the foreground. Most of the better known spiders are already seen so maybe an all new one?
    I think it's Superior Spider-Man. Doc Ock.

The ending of #800 makes me think so.

RCO080.jpg

So it's basically a Spider-Verse sequel, which most pegged it as, and is unsurprisingly written by Christos Gage who was so often Slott's co-writer.

I generally like Gage so I hope he does well here, and potentially improves on where the original Spider-Verse lacked. I also hope he utilizes Peter better here, if he is involved.

I wonder if that's supposed to be our Doc Ock as SpOck or perhaps an alternate version that never switched back to Peter?

It's nice to see certain characters like Noir, Cindy, Spider-Punk, Ultimate Spider-Woman, classic Ben, and Mayday again.

Although seeing Mayday again, I hope this story treats her better then Spider-Verse did .

And no Anya ?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    It's especially interesting to me that Spencer will seemingly NOT be writing this event; instead, Christos Gage takes the reigns. I also wonder who the mystery Spider will end up being...
    Gage writing this instead of Spencer implies to me that this will be a standalone mini "event" unconnected to the main Amazing book.

I expect this will be similar to Venomverse.

Really bummed that Ultimate Jessica Drew is here and not Original Jess.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if that's supposed to be our Doc Ock as SpOck or perhaps an alternate version that never switched back to Peter?
    I hope it's 616 SpOck. It'd be cool to see them together and just confuse the heck out of everyone else, lol.

Heck yes!!!! I’m in! I loved spider verse and I love multi verse stuff. Then holy crap is that RYV MJ at the top right of the poster?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mary Janes View Post
    I will say, though, if I hear that RYV Mary Jane meets 616 Peter, and they talk about her marriage and it invokes something inside Peter, I'll read it. If not, hard pass.

BANNED

Glad to see that this doesn't seem to involve Spencer. Not that I don't like Spencer, but that I think it'll be better for him to knuckle down writing ASM.

Gage is a solid writer and I actually think he'll probably do a better job with this concept than Slott did. Hopefully he has more inventive ideas for the different Spider-characters who'll be involved in this.

I wasn't excited when they first announced this, but the character lineup looks great. Most excited to see interactions between Miles and Ult Spider-Woman (and maybe get some clues as to what's going on with the Ultimate Universe now).

I did just realize that OG!Spider-Woman isn't in this, which feels weird given her Hopeless solo opened up as a Spider-Verse tie-in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Then holy crap is that RYV MJ at the top right of the poster?
    Maybe she'll get to sock SpOck ?

Not on the cover doesn't mean not in it. Kaine, Spider-Ham, and Anya Corazon are all also missing, and those three were all involved with the Web Warriors (Kaine wasn't a member, but it was through them that he was involved in Clone Conspiracy). If Spinneret is involved, then logically so are RYV Peter and Spiderling, and they're not shown either. Nor is SP//dr, who we know has an Edge of Spider-Geddon issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With RYV involved in this it’ll be such a missed opportunity if Mayday and Annie don’t get to interact in the story.