Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Considering this is Gage, I could easily see him picking up on some plot points that started in Slott's run, the biggest one is probably Peter and Ben reconnecting after Clone Conspiracy, but I'm also with the others in hoping we get a resolution to Peter and Gwen's rift from the end of CC.

Gwen and Miles seeing each other for the first time in Sitting In A Tree will also be cool, although I don't expect much regarding a development in their relationship other than just a mention it happened.

Also interested to see what will be going on with Miguel, given how his series ended off. I remember seeing his girlfriend had a cameo in ASM #800, and maybe with Spidergeddon opening more portals maybe he'll want to use the opportunity for a way back?

One thing they have to address is that 'rift'. What caused it and why Peter reacted and importantly 'looked at her like she didn't exist' causing her to feel discomfort.
    To me I find it irony for Earth-65 Gwen after the disrespect she did/states about the other Gwen and overall the versions born by science. She went on how CC Gwen 'wasn't real' (which is another way of saying that CC Gwen is a alternate Gwen Stacy born not a resurrected Gwen Stacy OR that if you were born by science then your life doesn't matter) right in front of a grieving Peter sad that he wasn't able to save her and many other lives as they were essentially walking in a place with dead bodies of once living people turned dust that they failed. She treated her with disrespect HOWEVER Gwen Stacy of Earth-65 also isn't Gwen Stacy of 616 but a alternate. The way 616 Peter looked at Earth-65 which gave her pain is EXACTLY the same look CC Gwen had to go though and had to earn her respect by her actions and self sacrifice.
    Thus Peter clearly can tell Earth-65 Gwen how he didn't like her disrespectful tone and bias to a alternate Gwen (like she is) that SHE never took time to know all because of how she was born. Perhaps Peter in self reflection still hurt of the lives he failed but also his actions a words of the past towards how he acted to Ben during a time when both thought Aunt May was died and he denied him to be at her funeral ("He might be my Clone but I was his Monster"). Having taking just a small time to know the other alternate Gwen ("'resurrected' or 'alternate' like you are she was A 'Gwen Stacy' but more importantly a good person that I failed...and you just kept mocking her existence and right to live").

To be honest I DON'T want Peter apologizing as I feel it was Earth-65 Gwen who shown a heartless side all because that 'Gwen' was born by science and Peter by Earth-65 words saw a past ugly side of himself when he did the same cruelty and disrespect towards Ben in his life. It should be Gwen taking a retrospect of her actions and words she constantly spoke about alternate Gwens in the Multiverse born by science. One of the hardest RESPONSIBILITIES a person can undertake to the acknowledgement of wrongdoing and changing and asking forgiveness for how they acted. Peter wanting to save 'his brother" that he sees in need of psychological help plus forgiveness of his own past wrongdoing.

Meanwhile afterward we seen Laura and Earth-65 Gwen team up and burfeind before in the annual issue of the All New Wolverine. Having them go on a mission agian (and maybe even for go measure 1610 Jessica Drew and 1610 Gwen) and things are going well between all the gals...then Earth-65 Gwen opens her mouth bad mouthing 'clones' agian not releasing the origins of the company she is in. She wonders why she getting cold looks till they all tell her they are 'clones' in some form and she just insulted their existence.

I feel the rift would end when Gwen acknowledges and grows as a better person to others (even if the whole matters of existence and life by science still gets her uncomfortable to handle).
    The matters that she is a 'alternate' herself and not 616 Gwen Stacy YET is a Gwen Stacy herself and in doing so those that known 616 Gwen WILL look at her coldly just like the Gwen alternatives born by science on 616 Earth had to go though and Earth-65 Gwen will know how cruelly that felt wearing the shoe on the other end she was bad mouthing in some form.

Yeah, that's why I hope it gets addressed. Despite all the times she's been to Earth-616, she admitted she never went to see Peter because it made her uncomfortable and reminded her of her Peter, and then right after Peter lost his Gwen a second time, he's the one giving her the cold shoulder, and she didn't seem to have any "So this is how that feels" self-awareness.

I'm hoping for a moment where they are able to just get over themselves and realize that they both are their own people and shouldn't have to be weighed down by a past that wasn't theres. And that's basically what Gwen's final arc in her book as been, so maybe that'll help things.

Considering this is Gage, I could easily see him picking up on some plot points that started in Slott's run, the biggest one is probably Peter and Ben reconnecting after Clone Conspiracy, but I'm also with the others in hoping we get a resolution to Peter and Gwen's rift from the end of CC.

Gwen and Miles seeing each other for the first time in Sitting In A Tree will also be cool, although I don't expect much regarding a development in their relationship other than just a mention it happened.

Also interested to see what will be going on with Miguel, given how his series ended off. I remember seeing his girlfriend had a cameo in ASM #800, and maybe with Spidergeddon opening more portals maybe he'll want to use the opportunity for a way back?
    There are a lot of character dynamics that Gage could mine if the story doesn't get bogged down by an "event" story's momentum.

I'm still curious if this book ends up helping to launch the next Peter David Spider-Book.
    Yeah, that's why I hope it gets addressed. Despite all the times she's been to Earth-616, she admitted she never went to see Peter because it made her uncomfortable and reminded her of her Peter, and then right after Peter lost his Gwen a second time, he's the one giving her the cold shoulder, and she didn't seem to have any "So this is how that feels" self-awareness.
    Well, to be exact, it's the second time he lost a Gwen clone .

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Needs more Kaine.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There are a lot of character dynamics that Gage could mine if the story doesn't get bogged down by an "event" story's momentum.

I'm still curious if this book ends up helping to launch the next Peter David Spider-Book.

Well, to be exact, it's the second time he lost a Gwen clone .
    Since the story will most likely be its own self-contained 5-6 issue mini-series, I think it'll give them alot more freedom in just focusing on their main story.

I also feel like the book will be used to launch several Spider books, whatever the new David one is, the new Miles and Gwen book, and any other ones that there may be.

True, though this one felt the closest to the real deal than any of the others (and in my mind, it was the real one).

How do we know PAD has a new book coming out?

-Pav, who is curious...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Since the story will most likely be its own self-contained 5-6 issue mini-series, I think it'll give them alot more freedom in just focusing on their main story.
    I think it'll probably just depend on the pacing and the story. I don't recall Venomverse being as adept at it's large cast as it could have been, but that was by an entirely different writer.
    I also feel like the book will be used to launch several Spider books, whatever the new David one is, the new Miles and Gwen book, and any other ones that there may be.
    And evidently not needing to hijack ASM to do it, which I appreciate.
    True, though this one felt the closest to the real deal than any of the others (and in my mind, it was the real one).
    It seemed about as "real" as the original Gwen clone, only with the added addition of dealing with Peter being Spider-Man that the original didn't (the original freaked out and then things got weird).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    How do we know PAD has a new book coming out?

-Pav, who is curious...
    We don't, but I think it's a reasonable assumption given he's had a Spider-Book consistently for the last few years.

Sure are a lot of speculations being bandied about.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member

Recent info from "Spectacular Spider-Man #305" could have give us a hint about Spidergeddon's nature. It could be about Norman Osborn accessing time traveling technology to finally destroy Spider-Man. That surely can't be good. So, in case this theory is right, what kind of consequences do you think it will have? As far as I see, I believe several "wrong things" in Spider-Man's history could be "altered" or changed, similar to what happened with OMD, but in a better way. Personally these are the changes in Spider-Man's history that I would like to see:

+ Spider-Marriage with MJ restored. Potencially, giving us something similar to Renew Your Vows. (There's somekind of connection, as Peter, MJ and the Regent had a mysterious Deja Vu in their last battle).
    + To make the Spider-Marriage return, to do something like avoid the incidents in Civil War that caused the damage to Peter Parker.
    + Gwen Stacy alive from the bridge's attack, and possibly becoming "Spider-Gwen" in the main reality.
    + Ben Reilly possibly don't die in "Night of the Goglin", allowing him to avoid the insanity of his recent years.
    + Parker Industries potentially returning, and maybe Ezekiel Sims.
    + The whole thing of Sarah and Gabriel Stacy either erased or altered.
    + The Superior Spider-Man's story altered, so it was always a clone body of Peter Parker, not the real Peter.

Well, what do you think?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Recent info from "Spectacular Spider-Man #305" could have give us a hint about Spidergeddon's nature. It could be about Norman Osborn accessing time traveling technology to finally destroy Spider-Man. That surely can't be good. So, in case this theory is right, what kind of consequences do you think it will have? As far as I see, I believe several "wrong things" in Spider-Man's history could be "altered" or changed, similar to what happened with OMD, but in a better way. Personally these are the changes in Spider-Man's history that I would like to see:

+ Spider-Marriage with MJ restored. Potencially, giving us something similar to Renew Your Vows. (There's somekind of connection, as Peter, MJ and the Regent had a mysterious Deja Vu in their last battle).
    + To make the Spider-Marriage return, to do something like avoid the incidents in Civil War that caused the damage to Peter Parker.
    + Gwen Stacy alive from the bridge's attack, and possibly becoming "Spider-Gwen" in the main reality.
    + Ben Reilly possibly don't die in "Night of the Goglin", allowing him to avoid the insanity of his recent years.
    + The Superior Spider-Man's story altered, so it was always a clone body of Peter Parker, not the real Peter.

Well, what do you think?
    You're hired.

Well, what do you think?
    Gwen doesn't need to survive the bridge, as it's possible the Gwen from Clone Conspiracy survived. As for Spider-Gwen, if they're going to have her in 616, just universally displace Earth-65's, the one we know.

If they restore the marriage, then Annie (kid version) should end up in 616 as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gwen doesn't need to survive the bridge, as it's possible the Gwen from Clone Conspiracy survived.
    As if her fanbase is ever going to accept a clone as a substitute for the real thing.

And yes, I'm aware of the whole "they're the same soul in a cloned body" nonsense. I didn't swallow it then, and I wouldn't swallow it now. Heck, I don't even swallow it with Ben and that has canonical backing.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-14-2018 at 12:58 PM.

BANNED

Well, what do you think?
    Cmon man, enough. Parker Industries has good chance of being restored with rich Peter throwing bens at the public than the Marriage. Marvel will never restore the marriage in 616. They hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    As if her fanbase is ever going to accept a clone as a substitute for the real thing.

And yes, I'm aware of the whole "they're the same soul in a cloned body" nonsense. I didn't swallow it then, and I wouldn't swallow it now. Heck, I don't even swallow it with Ben and that has canonical backing.
    *Raises Hand Enthusiastically* I would, well if she has spider powers and all of original Gwen's memories but with an improved outlook on life due to her experiences as a metahuman clone. Granted I am an ardent PeterxGwen shipper and an even more ardent Spider-ManxSpider-Gwen shipper (the concept not the characters because of the big age gap).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    *Raises Hand Enthusiastically*
    What were your thoughts on the Joyce Delaney clone? Missed opportunity?