Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're not that wrong. I'd love to see what became of April, too, given the events of the Spider-Girl finale . . . and how notoriously hard to kill clones (and symbiotes) are.
    Count me in as also being curious what happened to April.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

i'd personally be into the weaver or whoever manipulating the web so 616 retcons into something closer to defalco's clone saga rejig
    Last edited by boots; 07-01-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Count me in as also being curious what happened to April.
    Marvel have yet to explain why they billed her as appearing in Venomverse only for her to not even show up

Was she mentioned in solicts or just shown on a cover? Because we know Spidergeddon's cover was wrong and got changed. Maybe Venomverse's was also wrong but never fixed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was she mentioned in solicts or just shown on a cover? Because we know Spidergeddon's cover was wrong and got changed. Maybe Venomverse's was also wrong but never fixed.
    Never on the cover, but was in the initial promotional artwork.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No Anya and the Web Warriors would be a massive disappointment.

This is kinda their expertise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

They would have to be brought in. The Inheritors will be keen to attack MC2 again since little baby Benjy (who Anya likes to play with) is a part of their prophecy alongside Silk and whoever possess The Other

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Never on the cover, but was in the initial promotional artwork.
    To be fair, it's not like this is the first time Marvel put characters in their promotional artwork that either didn't show up or barely show up in a story. They probably just wanted a big poster with all of the Venoms, even though majority of them wouldn't be showing up in the story.

At least with Spidergeddon, I think due to the scale, it is probably safe to say all these Spiders will be showing up in the story, though how big each of their roles are we'll have to wait and see.

They would have to be brought in. The Inheritors will be keen to attack MC2 again since little baby Benjy (who Anya likes to play with) is a part of their prophecy alongside Silk and whoever possess The Other
    I really hope the prophecy isn't involved, especially because Silk and Kaine have evolved so much since then it would feel odd to make them a focus again. If you have to have Inheritors, "kill them all for revenge" is better to me than "try to get these Spiders so we can do...something" again.
    Last edited by Inversed; 07-02-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was Venomverse advertised as "every Venom ever" like Spider-Verse was "very Spider ever?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

This would probably be a good chance to bring back Anya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I really hope the prophecy isn't involved, especially because Silk and Kaine have evolved so much since then it would feel odd to make them a focus again. If you have to have Inheritors, "kill them all for revenge" is better to me than "try to get these Spiders so we can do...something" again.
    Although Silk could probably use the focus given she's been really out of the spotlight for a while (though that could be a double-edged sword).

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Don't underestimate the will of some to exclude Anya.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was Venomverse advertised as "every Venom ever" like Spider-Verse was "very Spider ever?"

This would probably be a good chance to bring back Anya.

Although Silk could probably use the focus given she's been really out of the spotlight for a while (though that could be a double-edged sword).
    I love Silk, but I don't think she needs the focus in this, I'd settle for just her reuniting with Gwen & Jessica, and interacting with anybody else.

There are at least 3 character interactions that I hope they deal with the most (and funnily enough they're all with Peter), Peter discovering Ben is alive and his reaction to that, Peter and Gwen reconciling after the end of Clone Conspiracy, and Peter reacting to the RYV versions.

Others I hope to see are Gwen and Miles seeing each other again since Sitting In A Tree, Gwen meeting Spinneret, Mayday meeting Annie, and if she does end up in the story Miles and Ultimate Jessica reconnecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I love Silk, but I don't think she needs the focus in this, I'd settle for just her reuniting with Gwen & Jessica, and interacting with anybody else.
    As long as she doesn't interact with Peter .

Although seriously, I agree after the last Spider-Verse I don't think she needs to be in the spotlight here. Ultimately I don't think her spotlight in the original did much for her anyways.
    There are at least 3 character interactions that I hope they deal with the most (and funnily enough they're all with Peter), Peter discovering Ben is alive and his reaction to that, Peter and Gwen reconciling after the end of Clone Conspiracy, and Peter reacting to the RYV versions.
    I think we do have the potential for a lot of meaningful interaction with Peter here, if handled well, and it would be nice to start seeing some positive development in Peter's relationship with other Spiders.

But I'm not sure how much meaningful and significant interaction we'll get from an event mini that appears to be leaving the main ASM book alone. Like, would any deeper connection or relationship between Peter and Gwen be reflected moving forward? Would seeing Spinneret relate back to Peter's own relationship with his Mary Jane?

I'm also half-expecting him to get shown-up by PS4 Spidey.
    Others I hope to see are Gwen and Miles seeing each other again since Sitting In A Tree, Gwen meeting Spinneret, Mayday meeting Annie, and if she does end up in the story Miles and Ultimate Jessica reconnecting.
    The two would be lover-Spiders!

Two female Spiders meeting versions of their best friends who are so different from how they know them!

The two Spider-Girls meeting!

Miles meeting his first mentor Spider!

All interaction that probably deserves panel-space, and will hopefully get it. It would make the story more worthwhile then any shock-value Spider-Deaths by the Inheritors in my opinion.

I have a feeling we'll have the post-time skip RYV Parkers in this. Could still lead to some interesting interactions. Especially regarding Spider-Gwen (who is around 19 or so) and RYV!MJ (who is late 30s/early 40s).

Annie and Mayday bonding as sisters.

And 616!Peter looking at the life that could have been. (Gage seems to enjoy the "What Could Have Been" side of Peter/MJ since it comes up in some of his Spidey work.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    And 616!Peter looking at the life that could have been. (Gage seems to enjoy the "What Could Have Been" side of Peter/MJ since it comes up in some of his Spidey work.)
    I've made note of that several times since this event was announced..it's possible the RYV family will survive this somehow and Peter will watch them go back to their own dimension unified and happy and wonder just what it is he's missing.

I'm hoping with Gage it's different, as in Slott's Spider-Verse, he did'nt do that much reflecting on the fact the key to the Inheritor prophecy was his and MJ's infant son or tried to comfort Mayday all that much despite her being his and MJ's daughter in another timeline.

I've made note of that several times since this event was announced..it's possible the RYV family will survive this somehow and Peter will watch them go back to their own dimension unified and happy and wonder just what it is he's missing.

I'm hoping with Gage it's different, as in Slott's Spider-Verse, he did'nt do that much reflecting on the fact the key to the Inheritor prophecy was his and MJ's infant son or tried to comfort Mayday all that much despite her being his and MJ's daughter in another timeline.
    I think of the stuff Gage has done WITHOUT Slott.

I can see someone maybe isn't familiar with Gage's ASM CW II ending...

(Not that I can blame anyone for wiping CW II from their memory.)