Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as she doesn't interact with Peter .

Although seriously, I agree after the last Spider-Verse I don't think she needs to be in the spotlight here. Ultimately I don't think her spotlight in the original did much for her anyways.

I think we do have the potential for a lot of meaningful interaction with Peter here, if handled well, and it would be nice to start seeing some positive development in Peter's relationship with other Spiders.

But I'm not sure how much meaningful and significant interaction we'll get from an event mini that appears to be leaving the main ASM book alone. Like, would any deeper connection or relationship between Peter and Gwen be reflected moving forward? Would seeing Spinneret relate back to Peter's own relationship with his Mary Jane?

I'm also half-expecting him to get shown-up by PS4 Spidey.

The two would be lover-Spiders!

Two female Spiders meeting versions of their best friends who are so different from how they know them!

The two Spider-Girls meeting!

Miles meeting his first mentor Spider!

All interaction that probably deserves panel-space, and will hopefully get it. It would make the story more worthwhile then any shock-value Spider-Deaths by the Inheritors in my opinion.
    By Spider-Girls, do you mean Mayday and Annie, whose codename is actually Spiderling? Mayday and Anya have not only met, they're both on the Web Warriors team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    By Spider-Girls, do you mean Mayday and Annie, whose codename is actually Spiderling? Mayday and Anya have not only met, they're both on the Web Warriors team.
    Yep. Annie isn't called Spider-Girl, but she basically is one, and is Mayday's AU doppelganger more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I have a feeling we'll have the post-time skip RYV Parkers in this. Could still lead to some interesting interactions. Especially regarding Spider-Gwen (who is around 19 or so) and RYV!MJ (who is late 30s/early 40s).

Annie and Mayday bonding as sisters.

And 616!Peter looking at the life that could have been. (Gage seems to enjoy the "What Could Have Been" side of Peter/MJ since it comes up in some of his Spidey work.)
    And then after Annie gets to know May, April shows up....

probably like this:

Then Annie gets to see her in action as Mayhem later. (LOVED how April can use her symbiote powers to transform into/out of a costume)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think of the stuff Gage has done WITHOUT Slott.

I can see someone maybe isn't familiar with Gage's ASM CW II ending...

(Not that I can blame anyone for wiping CW II from their memory.)
    The one that set off Clash's return to villainy because Peter/Spidey let himself get twisted in knots over a prediction that turned out to be of a possible future that wasn't the future until his actions made it so? Yeah, I can understand your resentment of that arc, and come to think of it, wasn't he writing (or cowriting) Captain Marvel's Civil War II tie-in as well?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The one that set off Clash's return to villainy because Peter/Spidey let himself get twisted in knots over a prediction that turned out to be of a possible future that wasn't the future until his actions made it so? Yeah, I can understand your resentment of that arc, and come to think of it, wasn't he writing (or cowriting) Captain Marvel's Civil War II tie-in as well?
    To be fair, I don't completely blame him for the story, just because of how much of a mess the whole Civil War II business was. The writing itself was decent, and Gage has shown many times he can do great with a great story. And yeah he did co-write the Captain Marvel one, which again wasn't badly written, just having to deal with CWII.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    To be fair, I don't completely blame him for the story, just because of how much of a mess the whole Civil War II business was. The writing itself was decent, and Gage has shown many times he can do great with a great story. And yeah he did co-write the Captain Marvel one, which again wasn't badly written, just having to deal with CWII.
    Point taken. Having read both myself, I'm inclined to agree, even if I didn't necessarily like the outcome(s). That said, I do have some confidence left that Spidergeddon will at least be well-written, even if I don't entirely agree with where he takes the plot and/or characters.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Don't underestimate the will of some to exclude Anya.
    éxactly

i've learned that editorial take a solemn vow before a blood soaked altar to exclude anya. they cap it off with a pinky swear
    troo fan or death

Point taken. Having read both myself, I'm inclined to agree, even if I didn't necessarily like the outcome(s). That said, I do have some confidence left that Spidergeddon will at least be well-written, even if I don't entirely agree with where he takes the plot and/or characters.
    I think it will also be very important to look at the Spider-Man PS4 game as well, considering Gage is the main writer on that as well (not to mention Slott's even a story consultant on the game too).

In terms of his other works, I think he did a good job taking over for Slott on Mighty Avengers and Avengers: The Initiative. I've been meaning to check out Avengers Academy because I've heard good things about that, and I haven't read it yet but I wonder what people think of the Secret Wars Spider-Island mini that he wrote, I don't hear many people talk about it.

I more meant wiping CWII as a whole from memory.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    éxactly

i've learned that editorial take a solemn vow before a blood soaked altar to exclude anya. they cap it off with a pinky swear
    They do a silent nod now when they turn to Anya then tear out the page and burn it.

I hope they use Julia Carpenter/Madame Web/Arachne/Spider-Woman. She needs to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I hope they use Julia Carpenter/Madame Web/Arachne/Spider-Woman. She needs to come back.
    I'd love to see Julia back in a big way. I think it's high-time she moved away from the Madame Web stuff.

I thought she lost her connection to the web and her powers after Spider-Verse? Wasn't she powerless in Prowler? Not that powers can't come back but I thought she was done with all of the Madame Webb stuff already.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

She was definitely depowered in Clone Conspiracy, but I thought that was because Cassandra Webb had been cloned?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was definitely depowered in Clone Conspiracy, but I thought that was because Cassandra Webb had been cloned?
    Yeah...that's why I really want another big appearance from her, because it is still incredibly confusing what happened with her. We know she's not psychic because of what happened in Spider-Verse, but we have no idea if or why she was powerless during Clone Conspiracy. She made an appearance in a few of Mark Waid's Daredevil issues, which was right after waking up from the coma, and she appeared to still have her Spider powers.

Even during Prowler it was very vague regarding what she's been doing since waking up, and we're not really sure what she's doing now. Still makes no sense neither her nor Peter would at least want to check up on each other.