Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Listings for collections are starting to leak onto Amazon for February, including the Spider-geddon collection. Nothing too illuminating here, other than only highlighting our newest Spider-man
    https://smile.amazon.com/Spider-Gedd...1825834&sr=1-4

SPIDERGEDDON IS HERE! The end of all Spiders doesn't exclude the star of the most anticipated video game of 2018! How does he enter the Marvel Universe and what role will he play in the final chapter of SPIDER-VERSE?!

COLLECTING: SPIDER-GEDDON 0-5, SPIDER-GEDDON: VAULT OF SPIDERS 1-2

Vault of Spiders sounds like a collection of small stories (e.g. the Inheritors have captured a number of spiders and these are their backstories). Could also be a side mission or the title of my most recent nightmare.
    So it looks like Spider-Geddon's not going to be crossing over with any of the actual Spider-books or is it just not in this collection?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    So it looks like Spider-Geddon's not going to be crossing over with any of the actual Spider-books or is it just not in this collection?
    I would guess not crossing over. I mean, there will barely be any books to crossover with (rumor is Scarlet Spider is on its way out, so SSM, ASM, and RYV are it). It makes more sense, since the writer of Spider-Geddon is not the writer of those other books, that this would be a bit more contained.

You forget. Spider-Verse launched new books (Spider-Woman as a tie-in, Silk and Spider-Gwen immediately after). And we already know Gwen's relaunching.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Yeah I've heard the rumors on Scarlet Spider and I'm worried about RYV and what might happen to that versions of the Parker Family after what happened in the original Spider-Verse story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    Yeah I've heard the rumors on Scarlet Spider and I'm worried about RYV and what might happen to that versions of the Parker Family after what happened in the original Spider-Verse story.
    I agree, with sales falling and Peter and MJ together again in Spencer's run, RYV might be labelled irrelevant. I would much prefer it rested for now and come back later down the line. If the Parker family suffer a fate similar to many of the Spiders in Spider-Verse, it'll mean the newspaper comic strip once again becomes the one medium where Peter and MJ remain married, just as it was from 2010-2015.

Unfortunately, those versions don't have a kid, so there would nothing for Spider-Family fans.

We won't have to worry about the strip Peter being involved in this though, as his universe is under permanent protection from Karn
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-17-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Mighty Member

Chip Zdarsky kicks off the next great chapter in his Spectacular Spider-Saga, and Peter is thrown right into the middle of SPIDERGEDDON!

COLLECTING: PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN 311-313, TBD

From the Amazon solicit for SSM v5

That's October through December - Bleeding Cool said a relaunch could come in December or January, this supports that theory!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

So the books will be tying into Spidergeddon after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So the books will be tying into Spidergeddon after all.
    If ASM isn't going to tie-in to it, I think it makes sense that at least one of the books starring Peter would at least.

Astonishing Member

Do you think we will see the new spiders from the new "What Ifs" (Spider-Punisher and Spider-Flash) in Spider-Geddon? Spider-Punisher would be very useful against the Inheritors.

If it's meant to be every spider ever like Spider-Verse, then yeah, they have to show up.

Unless they do their work "off-camera."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Unless they do their work "off-camera."
    Very much like RYV Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Very much like RYV Peter.
    He was one of the focus characters in that "Little Things" short stories from one of the tie-ins that was republished in the RYV mini trade. (In fact, the original version ended with a caption telling readers that the character would be returning for another story in the near-future.) Better example would be the movie Spiders who are described in that story but are never actually seen.

(FIY, even Spider-Verse never had every since Spider-Man ever created. Even if we assume that the ones just described counted (although I am positive that the comic is not canon to the Sam Raimi or Mark Webb movies), Ultimate Peter Parker and the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon Spidey did not appear. The "every Spider-Man" is just marketing hyperbole to show that a wide cross-section of the franchise is being represented and should be taken as such for Spider-Geddon was well.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Do you think we will see the new spiders from the new "What Ifs" (Spider-Punisher and Spider-Flash) in Spider-Geddon? Spider-Punisher would be very useful against the Inheritors.
    Maybe, maybe not. But how is Spider-Punisher useful against Inheritors.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man