Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I kinda feel like they will or at least take him out for a while cause the Og Peter isnt that much different as him. Unless they decide to give RYV Peter a new costume during the mini series if he is save or not. But I hope he doesnt died
    Yeah, at least back in the ANAD days, 616/"Prime" Peter had a shinier suit with fancier gadgets and stuff built into it compared to RYV Peter.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I kinda feel like they will or at least take him out for a while cause the Og Peter isnt that much different as him. Unless they decide to give RYV Peter a new costume during the mini series if he is save or not. But I hope he doesnt died
    He could lead a whole other team of Spiders and appear in another series, like the one leading the charge on the cover of "Vault of Spiders"

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    He was one of the focus characters in that "Little Things" short stories from one of the tie-ins that was republished in the RYV mini trade. (In fact, the original version ended with a caption telling readers that the character would be returning for another story in the near-future.) Better example would be the movie Spiders who are described in that story but are never actually seen.

(FIY, even Spider-Verse never had every since Spider-Man ever created. Even if we assume that the ones just described counted (although I am positive that the comic is not canon to the Sam Raimi or Mark Webb movies), Ultimate Peter Parker and the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon Spidey did not appear. The "every Spider-Man" is just marketing hyperbole to show that a wide cross-section of the franchise is being represented and should be taken as such for Spider-Geddon was well.
    To be fair, they weren't allowed to have the Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Spectacular animated series, and a few other Spider-Men in the book because of legal reasons, if they could I'm pretty certain they would have.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait a sec... wouldn't Peter's death depower Spinneret as well? She uses a Regent-tech suit that leeches off his powers and doesn't actually have her own. If Peter dies, MJ is doomed as well.
    That's a good point and I wonder if MJ's Spinneret costume only pulls from Peter's spider powers or spider powers period.

I might need to go back and re-read the issues but I though that MJ's Spinneret costume could pull from either Peter or Annie's powers as there have been many issues where MJ is using her powers and Annie is the only one present unless the costume is able to store a certain amount of power within it.

Another possibility is if the RYV Peter designed the Spinneret costume to only tap into the powers of Peter Parker/Spider-Man then maybe it can tap into the powers of some other alternate reality versions of Peter that are on hand at the time.

So if I understand the announcement correctly, Spider-Geddon is actually going to be three mini-series ?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, at least back in the ANAD days, 616/"Prime" Peter had a shinier suit with fancier gadgets and stuff built into it compared to RYV Peter.
    I miss that suit so much

October is going to be an exciting month in general for Marvel fans, but especially so for Spidey fans it seems.

For the first time in quite a while, I'm probably not going to be able to justify buying as many monthlies as I want.

Lots of interesting stuff.

-Pav, who can't wait to find out more...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    That's cool, Christopher Priest is writing a tie in series. https://www.newsarama.com/40962-chri...der-force.html

Is Spider-Kid Ultimate Peter? He has the hair.
    Is Spider-Force the new Web Warriors ?

Although that cast feels like a good fit for Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Spider-Force the new Web Warriors ?

Although that cast feels like a good fit for Priest.
    hopefully this can be spun into something ongoing, with his characters of choice.

Spider-Ashley's genealogy still throws me. Hawkeye is her dad, but Peter was her grandfather? Uhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully this can be spun into something ongoing, with his characters of choice.

Spider-Ashley's genealogy still throws me. Hawkeye is her dad, but Peter was her grandfather? Uhh....
    Hawkeye likes young girls?

Incredible Member

This is nice to see just for the simple fact that i wasn't sure if both Kaine and Ben would both come out of the current SS series alive. I like that last time Kaine teamed up with Ultimate Jessica Drew and now this time he's teaming up with 616 Jessica Drew.

As a fan of Earth-807128, Ah'm real excited fer Ashley Barton in Spider-Force. She's a neat character who could use some more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Not as complicated as the Pym/Van Dyne/Vision family tree. Which has Nadia Van Dyne a great-aunt (to Viv Vision) at age 16 (Ultron is Nadia's brother, which makes Vision and Victor Mancha her nephews and Jocasta her niece - age gaps are much smaller than usual due to the other family members being synthezoids!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

To be fair, Ultimate Peter was dead.
    True, but they could've used time travel to bring him back for the story, like they did for Superior Spider-Man. Not saying it was the wrong decision, just that it's a noticeable exclusion in a series that was built on the idea of having the most iterations of the character represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Renew Your Vows Mary Jane and Tsum Tsum Spider-Man are confirmed to appear in Spider-Geddon#1
    I'm very curious now. Wonder if MJ's role will be more substantial than it was in Venom-Verse (I skipped that one, given that it didn't seem to affect the RYV story in any way and that MJ was apparently just another member of the army and didn't really do anything notable).

Also confirmed is "Spider-Girls" starring Mayday Parker from the MC2 Universe, Anya Corazon from the Marvel Universe, and Annie Parker
    Interesting. Do we know yet if this's meant to be a limited series of some kind or an ongoing.

Nick Lowe closed out the panel hinting Ultimate Universe Peter will appear as well.
    As that is my most favorite comic book character, I'm really intere

RYV MJ and Annie confirmed, but what of Peter? I've a feeling he's a goner.
    Maybe he's just not in this story? While they could drop a house on him, it's not written that they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    To be fair, they weren't allowed to have the Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Spectacular animated series, and a few other Spider-Men in the book because of legal reasons, if they could I'm pretty certain they would have.
    I agree, although I still doubt that they would be canonical to those series.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    That's a good point and I wonder if MJ's Spinneret costume only pulls from Peter's spider powers or spider powers period.

I might need to go back and re-read the issues but I though that MJ's Spinneret costume could pull from either Peter or Annie's powers as there have been many issues where MJ is using her powers and Annie is the only one present unless the costume is able to store a certain amount of power within it.

Another possibility is if the RYV Peter designed the Spinneret costume to only tap into the powers of Peter Parker/Spider-Man then maybe it can tap into the powers of some other alternate reality versions of Peter that are on hand at the time.
    The suit only taps Peter, not Annie (although they've kinda stopped mentioning how the suit works and the idea that Peter gets tired out more easily the longer they share doesn't come up much, if at all). As far as whether it would work with a Peter Parker from another reality, I'm not sure, but I could see the logic to it (esp. since the question is raised how RYV MJ could stay connected to her husband across the multiverse).

Not as complicated as the Pym/Van Dyne/Vision family tree.
    Or Cyclops and Wolverine's.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Miles To Go said that about Spider-Girls, not me. It's a three issue mini.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman