Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I'm concerned that Kaine is missing; an early casualty? My theory for the Inheritor's escape? The Doc Ock from that radioactive wasteland earth is still alive and helps them (since he blames Ben Parker Spider-man for his plan going wrong). 616 Otto feels compelled to fight along the Spiders against the Inheritors and the "inferior" version of himself.

Not the co-writer I would've preferred.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

iMan 42s

Well this basically makes Spiderverse look worse in hindsight. Yeah Peter, don't just kill or have any of your other compatriots kill the Inheritors or have Karn manipulate the Web of life so that they no longer eat people or anything. I mean it's not like you're responsible for killing or putting one in the dirt twice or anything anyways. I'm sure Mayday learning that killing people is wrong by not killing her father's murderers and the genocidal and tyrannical despots of hundreds upon thousands of worlds is a good idea just to assuage your own conscious. It's not like different morals can be held across different realities and those who inhabit them. No, no let's just give them the opportunity to break out again. I'm sure you never had that problem before in your life /s

But in all seriousness that ending is still dumb and I'm surprised it took them this long to come back.

Can't say I'm happy about it. The main plot was the weakest element from the first one and unless the Inheritors get a huge facelift in terms of design and power-set this is just going to become "cameo the comic" all over again. Might figure out what the bride is though 4 years past anybody caring. Might even give Kaine a unique power-set again.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

This could have been fun, but now it is just a clone of Spiderverse. Very disappointing

BANNED

Slott has helped outline the story, but the scripts are still being entirely written by Gage.

https://twitter.com/Christosgage/sta...63275048972288

iMan 42s

I'm curious if this was something Dan had intended to do though.

Spiderverse isn't all bad so maybe this time it can keep things a bit tighter but for now I'm cautiously optimistic.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

I'm glad that Gage gets a chance to solo script this. Should be fun.

I'm also glad that Spencer isn't involved - better that he be allowed to get his run off the ground and not immediately get dragged into an event, especially one that's so tied in to the previous run. This definitely feels like old business from Slott's era and not something that Spencer should be pre-occupied with.

But old business or no, I'm sure with Gage scripting it'll be an entertaining mini.

If nothing else, I bet Superior Spider-Man will play a major part and I'm all for that.

Of course, they could just have Spec tie-in instead of ASM. September's #310 is a one and done story, so I can imagine #311 and #312 being a tie-in (along with RYV #24) and then the book would renumber as part of a Spider line relaunch - only ASM would continue unscathed, because it's such a new run. Miles, Gwen, and maybe Jessica and/or Cindy would get new books out of the event, Spec would restart from #1 (pretty much everything else already lost legacy numbering), and Renew Your Vows, Scarlet Spider, (although both of those could immediately bounce into new runs, it doesn't seem likely) and Spider-Man/Deadpool would end (SMDP is set in the past, before the last arcs of Slott's ASM and Duggan's Deadpool, they can't continue that much longer).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Slott has helped outline the story, but the scripts are still being entirely written by Gage.

https://twitter.com/Christosgage/sta...63275048972288
    So, like the PS4 game, pretty much .

Gage is usually able to make the most out of Slott's outlines so hopefully that remains the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If nothing else, I bet Superior Spider-Man will play a major part and I'm all for that.
    That's what I'm worried about. I'm kind of done seeing SpOck hog the spotlight and Peter working with Doc Ock because they're "even."

I don't want to see Spidergeddon 3. Find a way to get rid of the Morlun family for good this time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Renew Your Vows, Scarlet Spider, (although both of those could immediately bounce into new runs, it doesn't seem likely) and Spider-Man/Deadpool would end
    RYV might end, but what if Annie survives and not her parents? The post time-skip era has been essentially her book anyway, might as well have it official with a new Spider-Girl title, with Annie ditching the Spinerett name as she'd grown tired of it anyway. She could even join Mayday's family in MC2 since their Uncle Ben also carries over from an alternate world and Anya loves spending time taking care of Baby Benjy there too. You could easily just call the book Spider-Girls and have Mayday abandon the codename of Spider-Woman that she adopted in Spider-Verse.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-30-2018 at 08:57 AM.

RYV might end, but what if Annie survives and not her parents? The post time-skip era has been essentially her book anyway, might as well have it official with a new Spider-Girl title, with Annie ditching the Spinerett name. She could even join Mayday's family in MC2 since their Uncle Ben also carries over from an alternate world and Anya loves spending time taking care of Baby Benjy there too. You could easily just call the book Spider-Girls and have Mayday abandon the codename of Spider-Woman that she adopted in Spider-Verse.
    It's Spider-Verse, so I guess maybe a Spider-Girl has to lose her parents (Anya already lost hers...).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's Spider-Verse, so I guess maybe a Spider-Girl has to lose her parents (Anya already lost hers...).
    See, I actually think that'll be Mayday's primary motivation in this, she's seen her family torn apart by the Inheritors and the effect it had on her version of MJ, and will want to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to Spinerett

RYV might end, but what if Annie survives and not her parents? The post time-skip era has been essentially her book anyway, might as well have it official with a new Spider-Girl title, with Annie ditching the Spinerett name as she'd grown tired of it anyway. She could even join Mayday's family in MC2 since their Uncle Ben also carries over from an alternate world and Anya loves spending time taking care of Baby Benjy there too. You could easily just call the book Spider-Girls and have Mayday abandon the codename of Spider-Woman that she adopted in Spider-Verse.
    Spiderling, lol, and you're right. Look through the threads, I've suggested exactly that a few times, Annie becoming the new Spider-Girl. Anya Corazon can revert to Arana if she gets another solo book (though we now know she will be called Spider-Girl in the cartoon).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

So Clayton Crain will be just illustrating the issue zero.
    The limited series will be illustrated by Jorge Molina,a artist that i think is great as well.