Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But if it's Vic Sage, will Bendis keep the philosophical themes or will he just write him like street detective guy?
    I'm not ruling it out that Bendis might write him like DCAU Question.

Astonishing Member

I’m just hoping it’s Trinity of Sin Question so we can have that plot thread resolved.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not ruling it out that Bendis might write him like DCAU Question.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Vic doesn't have much source material to go off of anyway.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. Vic doesn't have much source material to go off of anyway.
    There's the highly-acclaimed O'Neil run that I still need to read along with his last story in 52. There's also his original Ditko stories but I think those are pretty bad.

Personally, even if Bendis does use Vic, I'm hoping Bryan Hill gets a chance to use 'The Question.' Based on his twitter he's a big fan of the O'Neil run and he's said that if he were to write a Question story, it'd need to include both Vic and Renee.
    Last edited by Assam; 06-09-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Is this still on for Action Comics #1005?

ACTION COMICS #1005
    The murderous mystery of the Red Cloud uncovered! Clark Kent draws closer to revealing a secret crime family that has operated for years in Metropolis, but the family’s enforcer—the mysterious Red Cloud—proves she’s a match for even the Man of Steel with an attack that leaves Superman breathless. Don’t miss the last-page shocker as we reveal the true face of the Red Cloud!
    Art & Cover by: Ryan Sook
    Variant cover by: Francis Manapul
    Written by: Brian Michael Bendis
    U.S. Cover Price: $3.99
    On Sale Date: Nov 28 2018
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/acti...on-comics-1005

I’d rather have Renee Montoya as the Question.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Rene’s a Cop, has been before She was Question and again since New 52, Vic Sage was always better as a Conspiracy Nut which will probably be what Bendis wants from the Question

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Me too, by a long shot. I'm much more interested in her. Vic is off putting and bland at the same time somehow to me.

Is Crispus the Spectre currently? If not I really like the idea of regular Crispus working with Question Montoya. I would be so into a backup feature with those two. It would give a nice balance between the big Superman stuff and the street level...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Is Crispus the Spectre currently? If not I really like the idea of regular Crispus working with Question Montoya. I would be so into a backup feature with those two. It would give a nice balance between the big Superman stuff and the street level...
    I believe we were back to Corrigan being Spectre in the New52.
    I don't know if Crispus Allen has even has even appeared anywhere in the post-Flashpoint DC universe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I believe we were back to Corrigan being Spectre in the New52.
    I don't know if Crispus Allen has even has even appeared anywhere in the post-Flashpoint DC universe.
    I checked and it looks like he hasn't shown up post Flashpoint... or at least that's what his Wiki says.

It would be very like Bendis to bring him back, though.

I've always preferred Renee and Crispus as cops. If they advance beyond that, it should be the two of them with their own detective agency.

If there's one trope I detest more than 'superheroes can only have relations with other superheroes or supervillains, not normies', it's 'if a non-super normie becomes popular, they must don a costume'.

They were just fine as they were in Gotham Central.
    If a writer can't write non-superhero crime drama or an artist can't draw normal clothes, just find someone who can.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Rene’s a Cop, has been before She was Question and again since New 52, Vic Sage was always better as a Conspiracy Nut which will probably be what Bendis wants from the Question
    Vic's an investigative reporter and martial artist.

The conspiracy nut Question is mostly an invention of the JLU cartoon, and IMO the worst , most one-dimensional version of the character.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Vic's an investigative reporter and martial artist.

The conspiracy nut Question is mostly an invention of the JLU cartoon, and IMO the worst , most one-dimensional version of the character.
    And yet.... so much fun. He was my favorite non-Founder in the show.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    And yet.... so much fun. He was my favorite non-Founder in the show.
    "The plastic tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister."
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    "The plastic tips at the end of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister."
    Hah! That's gold.

If there's one group that his ripe for and deserving of parody it's conspiracy nuts. I haven't seen that version of vic but if he drops lines like that he needs to be in the comics immediately.