Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I liked the 2005 Question miniseries which a Superman/Question crossover so I wonder if there will be any connective issue? It is ironic as the villains of the miniseries reminds me of The Red Cloud and the Invisible mafia.

BANNED

Pleased to hear this. Bendis is a good fit for a street level character like The Question.

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Question_correct.jpg
    Hello Yourself!

BANNED

I want Randian Objectivist Question or no Question at all to be honest

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/s...ial-h-for-hero

New Interview, Bendis describes Q's role here as an Extended Cameo this Month which will become far bigger as the story develops with a Central Role coming up in a story next year, He also said he'll be writing Q alot, not neccessarily in a Solo but he'll meet the fans half way on Q and compares Vic to Jessica Jones
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked the 2005 Question miniseries which a Superman/Question crossover so I wonder if there will be any connective issue? It is ironic as the villains of the miniseries reminds me of The Red Cloud and the Invisible mafia.
    Yeah, it's a very similar idea isn't it?

I remember not really loving that run at the time as a take on the Question, but being a good Superman/Metropolis story. I'd love to read it again, but the planned collection seems to have been cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Question_correct.jpg
    Hello Yourself!
    Yeah, as happy as I was to see Question back it felt weird to see him without the blue trenchcoat.

Makes him look more like Rorschach.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, as happy as I was to see Question back it felt weird to see him without the blue trenchcoat.

In the last (pre-New 52) mini the Question had his outfit was primarily brown, so this doesn't bother me too much. Besides, considering he debuted in a powder-blue suit, I'll take a more grounded look.

That said, I'd also be happy with the powder blue if it meant Vic Sage was back.

Could be he’s just being more discrete at the moment while infiltrating and investigating the Mafia and the Red Cloud, Blue doesnt exactly blend into the shadows well
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-28-2018 at 06:16 PM.
    Pull List:

I agree about the Rorschach comparison, especially if Sook is going to draw him without ears or his hair showing. R had a full mask over his head. Vic's mask only covered his face.

BANNED

I just have a feeling this is going to be a water down story

what made the Question interesting was that Ditko's Randian objectivism told a unique and wild story

even though I don't agree with the politics, it made it interesting... I don't want this to feel like its stripped of its core

O’Neil’s Question wasn’t an Objectivist. DCAU Question wasn’t one either. Has that part of his character showed up in any meaningful way since Dikto left?

I'm more interested in the city shaman stuff and hope that gets a play.

O'neil's Question felt like a guy who was an objectivist but outgrew it when he started training with Richard Dragon. JLAU focused on him being a conspiracy theorist but his conversation with luthor did slip in some objectivism.

Its harder to do an objectivist take because it's probably not well-known or people really believe in it anymore so I could see them watering it down or avoiding it.

Christopher Priest or Greg Rucka feel like better choices than Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm more interested in the city shaman stuff and hope that gets a play.
    The urban shaman thing was interesting, but kinda came out of left-field in terms of Vic suddenly possessing this ability. If it hadn't only been used in a four-issue mini by probably the one writer who even understood what it was about, maybe it could be part of Vic's M.O., but I am okay with Bendis ignoring it. Another thing that was introduced in that mini though was his past with Lois Lane. Bendis describes Vic as Lois' opposite number, so it'll be interesting to see what, if any, of that dynamic he'll pick up. I would be curious to see Bendis's take on Vic as a journalist/on-air personality. Considering what the media has become since Ditko's days, it could be very timely.