Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default New Super-Man and the Justice League of China #24 Preview/Discussion

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...e-of-china-24/

"The rest of China might not understand us, but our fans are the absolute best."

Thanks for everything, Gene.

"The rest of China might not understand us, but our fans are the absolute best."

That's some PAD/GL:TAS level of awareness right there...

Deadly Kombat X should probably remind me of Injustice but I'm more reminded of the video game episode from Justice League Action (although that time Batman won ).

Man, I'm going to miss this book. It's been such a fun, endearing, and exceptional book from the very beginning, particularly when I started into it without high expectations, and definitely one of the most enjoyable Superhero books .

I hope to see Yang at least do more DC work if another relaunch with Kenan and the JLC isn't in the cards.

Aw man I so hope for a relaunch one day!

Unfortunately, Doomsday Clock implies that the team ends up absorbed into the Great Ten - which of course means Kwang-Jo is dismissed (as he isn't Chinese). Unless Clock ends up as an Elseworld, the team is done for good after this issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, Doomsday Clock implies that the team ends up absorbed into the Great Ten - which of course means Kwang-Jo is dismissed (as he isn't Chinese). Unless Clock ends up as an Elseworld, the team is done for good after this issue.
    On the off chance Doomsday Clock actually IS the future status quo of the DCU (it won't be, no matter how much people want to say "But Geoff Johns said!", it won't be), most of those teams are likely never gonna be seen, several of them are likely just made up of characters Johns google searched without knowing anything about and if/when Yang is given the greenlight to write more of the book, the whole thing would probably go ignored conpletely.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    On the off chance Doomsday Clock actually IS the future status quo of the DCU (it won't be, no matter how much people want to say "But Geoff Johns said!", it won't be), most of those teams are likely never gonna be seen, several of them are likely just made up of characters Johns google searched without knowing anything about and if/when Yang is given the greenlight to write more of the book, the whole thing would probably go ignored conpletely.
    I think it's got a better chance of at least resembling how things shake up in the DCU then Futures End did.

I also think the idea behind it is that if an international team is needed for a story, those are the characters that will be featured if their specific nation is involved.

I would also expect that any JLC continuation we see from Yang would probably try to either sensibly build up to that status quo or deal with the ramifications of it.