Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default New Super-Man and the Justice League of China #24 Preview/Discussion

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...e-of-china-24/

"The rest of China might not understand us, but our fans are the absolute best."

Thanks for everything, Gene.

"The rest of China might not understand us, but our fans are the absolute best."

That's some PAD/GL:TAS level of awareness right there...

Deadly Kombat X should probably remind me of Injustice but I'm more reminded of the video game episode from Justice League Action (although that time Batman won ).

Man, I'm going to miss this book. It's been such a fun, endearing, and exceptional book from the very beginning, particularly when I started into it without high expectations, and definitely one of the most enjoyable Superhero books .

I hope to see Yang at least do more DC work if another relaunch with Kenan and the JLC isn't in the cards.

Aw man I so hope for a relaunch one day!

Unfortunately, Doomsday Clock implies that the team ends up absorbed into the Great Ten - which of course means Kwang-Jo is dismissed (as he isn't Chinese). Unless Clock ends up as an Elseworld, the team is done for good after this issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, Doomsday Clock implies that the team ends up absorbed into the Great Ten - which of course means Kwang-Jo is dismissed (as he isn't Chinese). Unless Clock ends up as an Elseworld, the team is done for good after this issue.
    On the off chance Doomsday Clock actually IS the future status quo of the DCU (it won't be, no matter how much people want to say "But Geoff Johns said!", it won't be), most of those teams are likely never gonna be seen, several of them are likely just made up of characters Johns google searched without knowing anything about and if/when Yang is given the greenlight to write more of the book, the whole thing would probably go ignored conpletely.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    On the off chance Doomsday Clock actually IS the future status quo of the DCU (it won't be, no matter how much people want to say "But Geoff Johns said!", it won't be), most of those teams are likely never gonna be seen, several of them are likely just made up of characters Johns google searched without knowing anything about and if/when Yang is given the greenlight to write more of the book, the whole thing would probably go ignored conpletely.
    I think it's got a better chance of at least resembling how things shake up in the DCU then Futures End did.

I also think the idea behind it is that if an international team is needed for a story, those are the characters that will be featured if their specific nation is involved.

I would also expect that any JLC continuation we see from Yang would probably try to either sensibly build up to that status quo or deal with the ramifications of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's got a better chance of at least resembling how things shake up in the DCU then Futures End did.
    True, but even then, I think any small effects from it will be gone or not worth mentioning within a year of the book's ending. There isn't going to be an ongoing series to deal with all of this (I HOPE there isn't going to be an ongoing series to deal with all of this) and with how disconnected Johns seems to be from the rest of the DCU at this point, I imagine we're gonna see little more in titles than the occasional wink and nod to Doomsday Clock.

I also think the idea behind it is that if an international team is needed for a story, those are the characters that will be featured if their specific nation is involved.
    And unless international stories are mandated, which would be shortly lived, that's not gonna matter much, Hell, it's just stifling creators who may want to use other characters in international stories they have to tell.

I would also expect that any JLC continuation we see from Yang would probably try to either sensibly build up to that status quo or deal with the ramifications of it.
    Obviously, I hope you're wrong.
    Last edited by Assam; 06-09-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Is a SAD DAY.. You can see this even in the characters of the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    True, but even then, I think any small effects from it will be gone or not worth mentioning within a year of the book's ending. There isn't going to be an ongoing series to deal with all of this (I HOPE there isn't going to be an ongoing series to deal with all of this) and with how disconnected Johns seems to be from the rest of the DCU at this point, I imagine we're gonna see little more in titles than the occasional wink and nod to Doomsday Clock.
    I don't expect a 52-esque book dealing with the side-stories that lead up to Doomsday Clock but I think the idea is that the main DCU books will probably start developing into the status quo of Doomsday Clock up to when the story ends and everything synchs up.

At least, I think that's ideally what's going to happen.
    And unless international stories are mandated, which would be shortly lived, that's not gonna matter much, Hell, it's just stifling creators who may want to use other characters in international stories they have to tell.
    Alternatively it also provides certain characters a chance at the spotlight instead of just being in indefinite limbo, even if it's still not a 100% likely they'll be used again.
    Obviously, I hope you're wrong.
    Fair enough.

BANNED

Don't be sad about what isn't, be happy about what is. Mr. Yang had to get me one last time.

I am gonna miss the series, these characters and this world, but dang if these aren't gonna be 24 issues I frequently come back to to enjoy. It wasn't always 100% perfect and there were some unresolved plots (and some plots that didn't get to start*) but I still see this as one of the all time great DC runs. Long live the JLC!

*Especially with some moments in this issue, it seems like Yang wanted to set up a love-triangle between Deilan, Baixi and Kwang-Jo.

Always Rakzo

Had some complaints about the beginning, thought that Kenan was presented way more unlikable he needed to but everything that came after it was really good.

This finale plays with many of the ideas that the title has used but there's one that resonated strongly with me. Kenan was pretty bad originally and the idea was that he needed to become the best version of himself which still doesn't mean he has to be perfect and this is appropriately emphasized here with the theme of accepting how things are while regognizing there's always room for improvement.

The art continued to be weak but aside from that, a solid finale for a solid series.

Astonishing Member

First Earth 2, and now this, man DC, for every couple of steps forward, you move 5 steps back. I'm going to miss this series. I do believe we may see flash in the flash series, just because she's shown up more than a few times before to hang out with wally. But otherwise, I fear the remaining characters are going to end up just like Earth 2, stuck in limbo.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Great Twenty series but they should have left it Justice League of China seeing as how Kong is the leader. I hate seeing teams with a number as part of their name Fatal Five, Great Ten ect. The 20 combine Justice League of China minus Robinbot and Dragonson; Great Ten minus Yeti and the Zhuguan minus Darknight and Sudu.

Other chineses heroes and goverment supers that could be used as well.

So sad to see New Super-Man go... thankfully, his story is finally coming here in France (at least the first six issues have) and I'll be able to enjoy it some more ! Hopefully, they'll all be used a lot more in the future...

Thanks for everything Justice League of China.