Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 108
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    It just isn't a Titans launch without an odd one shot to do it.

    I'll definitely agree that this opening story was very much PiS on Dick's part. It's very odd seeing Dick act the way he did.

  2. #47
    Hawkman's Buddy Mar-Vell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    445

    Default

    This looks really good.

    I dropped Titans shortly after Rebirth since it was an excellent sleep aid when I'd read it at night.

    This looks way more interesting, and I'll be giving it another go.
    WHO DAT?!!

  3. #48
    Astonishing Member Badou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Yeah i was always confused about how fans will complain about a book they knew they weren't going to read in the first place lol. In the Titans appreciation...."appreciation" thread, everyone goes on about how Dan Abnett is this and that. Uhhhhh if you didn't like his current Titans run, what makes you think you'll even like this one. It's all wasted energy to me.

    The preview seems solid to me. I like the idea of Dick training the heroes of tomorrow but the only i dont like is that they are all established heroes.
    Because for some Abnett's book is the only place they can read a character they like. So they are stuck with a book they see as objectively poor in order to try and read and support characters they follow. It causes disconnect in how to view a book like this. They can drop and stop following the book, but that might mean characters they like won't be in things in the future if support falls too low.

    Abnett's Titans book has been terrible, imo. It is okay if you and others enjoy Abnett's Titans run, but people have expressed why his run has been bad with very legitimate criticism. From how he writes characters out of character, continues to undermine the team, have them act subservient and spineless to the JL, fallen back on bad old tropes, and had no solid direction to take the characters in and caused the book to feel like a catchall for characters DC didn't know what to do with. Even in this preview Abnett himself says that his previous run was poor because it was a bunch of friends with no direction as heroes, which defenders of his book used to say was a positive for them. I really don't think this new run will be any better but for some this will be the only place to read and support these characters, so they are stuck with it.

  4. #49
    Incredible Member billee0918's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Just read the special. I thought it was a fun, getting the group together type of issue.
    So happy to have Miss Martian back, an interesting twist on her reason for joining the team.
    I’m all in for both new Titans books!

  5. #50
    Mighty Member Dethi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    From what I said on Titans appreciation.


    Well I won't talk again how Dick is badly written at the beginning and go straight to the point.

    It's basically the old Outsiders but Donna is Dick and Dick is Roy...

    Donna's going alcoholic because she think she broke the team ???
    And I have to believe that Roy, of all characters in the DC Universe, who is in love with her and have been through the addiction she is in wouldn't help her ? Well fuck, I was willing to try but that will be without me.

    The only good point is the new Donna's outfit who is really cool.
    Last edited by Dethi; 06-13-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

    Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

  6. #51
    Incredible Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Look, this wasn't the type of trash i was hoping for, but the part with Donna remind me why i dislike this write in the first place, he just don't get the Titans right.

    Donna - "Wally was my best friend!"
    Dick - "At least you have me"
    ...Silence...

    Really? Wally was her best friend? Not this guy?


  7. #52
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3

    Unhappy The hairrrrrr!!

    I am a huge fan of Raven. Apparently I missed something because I remember Beast Boy´s mess with the Teen Titans but and the end he was ok with all of them. What happened here? In "no justice" they didnt even talk with each other. Why Raven is acting so..mean? She is not a happy happy girl but she talks like Nightwing. So out of character... ridiculous. Like she is from another dimension if we compare her with "Daughter of darkness" comic personality. The worst.. her hair!!Poor poor Beast boy... and miss martian doesnt have the best introduction for nightwing thanks to Raven. Baby sitting? Reallyyyyyy?

    my goshh.jpg
    Last edited by Analia22; 06-13-2018 at 06:37 AM.

  8. #53
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analia22 View Post
    I am a huge fan of Raven. Apparently I missed something because I remember Beast Boy´s mess with the Teen Titans but and the end he was ok with all of them. What happened here? In "no justice" they didnt even talk with each other. Why Raven is acting so..mean? She is not a happy happy girl but she talks like Nightwing. So out of character... ridiculous. Like she is from another dimension if we compare her with "Daughter of darkness" comic personality. The worst.. her hair!!Poor poor Beast boy... and miss martian seems doesnt have the best introduction for nightwing. Baby sitting? Reallyyyyyy?

    my goshh.jpg
    What happened to BB?

  9. #54
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default

    He is on character. Just his face. The artist in No Justice and TT made it better. The other titans looks great.
    Attachment 67042
    Last edited by Analia22; 06-13-2018 at 07:47 AM.

  10. #55
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Art looks great. Looks better than the Titans book.

    I think this could work if the team doesn't fall apart or fail spectacularly in 5 issues. If DC just lets this team have a win.


    Question I'm wondering about where is John Henry Irons since when is Natasha solo?


    Also Ms. Martian ahs me worried she's never good for a team and probably dooms this one
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  11. #56
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Art looks great. Looks better than the Titans book.

    I think this could work if the team doesn't fall apart or fail spectacularly in 5 issues. If DC just lets this team have a win.


    Question I'm wondering about where is John Henry Irons since when is Natasha solo?


    Also Ms. Martian ahs me worried she's never good for a team and probably dooms this one
    The team is probably getting a new member in 5 issues if the previews about a teammate not making it back is true.

  12. #57
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Another problem I'm wondering about is how new reader friendly this is.

    Many people did not read the the Titans series over the last 6 or 7 years.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  13. #58
    Spectacular Member astro@work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    From what I said on Titans appreciation.


    Well I won't talk again how Dick is badly written at the beginning and go straight to the point.

    It's basically the old Outsiders but Donna is Dick and Dick is Roy...

    Donna's going alcoholic because she think she broke the team ???
    And I have to believe that Roy, of all characters in the DC Universe, who is in love with her and have been through the addiction she is in wouldn't help her ? Well fuck, I was willing to try but that will be without me.

    The only good point is the new Donna's outfit who is really cool.
    If this is seriously the storyline, and Donna is the one who "doesn't make it back", with no redemption...I'm straight up giving up on this title. Which I don't say lightly since I've gotten every Titans appearance dating back to 1962 (?)...before I was born.
    Enough is enough with the neutering of the Titans, throwing out all the characters I invested the last 3 years reading, and ruining the one who is the heart of the team IMO.

    I'd be a lot less mad if they just didn't call it the Titans, and left the destruction of Donna's character out of it.

  14. #59
    Always Rakzo
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    A few portrayals being off (like Dick and Gar) but aside from that, I thought this was a pretty solid and promising new direction for the book.

    Consistent art despite of the multiple artists as well.

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member vasir12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    Oh no.... They broke of Natasha and Traci 13.... That's... why? Such a random break up.

    The special was odd in how it kept saying that being friends on a team is bad when all of the majors teams are friends with each other. Either way, I'll keep track of this since I like the characters

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •