Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    That said, after the Titans Special, I'm really starting to lose the urge to defend him.
    I don't think you should lose that urge. Even the best writers create some awful stuff sometimes. But yeah, I can totally see how defending him may get tiresome, considering what this title has become.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    This image:

Attachment 66854

...replacing Mr. Terrific with Black Lightning, Spoiler with Azrael, Scarecrow with Clayface or Killer Croc. And adding Animal Man below Batwoman, Aztek next to Metamorpho (who could also be Deadman), Ray next to Black Lightning (after the insert with Nightwing), someone looking like Power Ring below Ray, Black Orchid below Black Lightning and beside Azrael, and possibly Vixen below Black Orchid.

(The names on the screen were added by joebleau when he posted the image)
    I kind of like your suggestions; it’s too bad no one asked my vote; i’d Love to see Frankenstein and alpha centurion on a team again. And i’d Probably be buying the book.
    Last edited by protege; 06-15-2018 at 04:14 PM.

When will the nightmare end, so I can have the "real" Donna Troy back?

BANNED

Oh look, a good Totans book. Im interested

Things were looking so good, for awhile. I tweeted to Dan that he was bringing a 'Watchmen' gravity to the characterization, timing and story. For awhile, it looked like Titans was drifting and, sometimes, roaring toward some inevitable doom. Then...what happened?

The superhero academy idea has already been tried before, and it was abysmally boring. Furthermore, it failed, miserably. Why are we doing this, again?

At their best, the Titans is a small, tactical strike force that deals with problems that the JL typically miss (Brother Blood, Trigon, etc), while using uniquely coordinated and covert tactics, suited to their abilities. Being less powerful than the JL, they have techniques for taking down enemies that force them to work more closely together, in every way. That's what made the Wolfman-Perez NTT comic so great...so intriguing to read.

Sometime, after the 90s, Titans became DC Comics' answer to the sitcom, Friends. In the middle of a comic story, Titans characters would actually say something like, "What's so great about us is ..we're a family." Writers and editors would give interviewers similar spin about some upcoming Titans project. Donna was even drawn with a lobster claw hairdo, like Jennifer Aniston's Rachel, on Friends. It was sad - sad to see DC fumbling to find a narrative direction for this once great superhero team...phenom of the 80s! It was sad.

Now, they're a school, again?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-15-2018 at 11:56 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    At their best, the Titans is a small, tactical strike force that deals with problems that the JL typically miss (Brother Blood, Trigon, etc), while using uniquely coordinated and covert tactics, suited to their abilities. Being less powerful than the JL, they have techniques for taking down enemies that force them to work more closely together, in every way. That's what made the Wolfman-Perez NTT comic so great...so intriguing to read.

Sometime, after the 90s, Titans became DC Comics' answer to the sitcom, Friends. In the middle of a comic story, Titans characters would actually say something like, "What's so great about us is ..we're a family." Writers and editors would give interviewers similar spin about some upcoming Titans project. Donna was even drawn with a lobster claw hairdo, like Jennifer Aniston's Rachel, on Friends. It was sad - sad to see DC fumbling to find a narrative direction for this once great superhero team...phenom of the 80s! It was sad.
    I thought you were talking about Titans but the story at their best was Teen Titans? No wonder the series keep having trouble, if that's what they prioritize since they become Titans. If their best story is on Teen Titans, then that's going to be counted as a Teen Titans story regardless of how the characters grew up. It's the branding method that DC use. Just like how Dick Grayson's Batman rogues gallery is considered Batman's enemies instead of Nightwing.

Mighty Member

I personally find setup issues boring, this was no exception. I surprisingly liked Donna in this. I'm not sold on it so far, but it's intriguing enough for me to keep following. I'm also glad Natasha is in this. She isn't used enough.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    When will the nightmare end, so I can have the "real" Donna Troy back?

Maybe they will kill this Donna off and bring back the actual one?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I kind of like your suggestions; it’s too bad no one asked my vote; i’d Love to see Frankenstein and alpha centurion on a team again. And i’d Probably be buying the book.
    I wasn't suggesting characters for the team, just trying to name the characters in the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Maybe they will kill this Donna off and bring back the actual one?
    Or maybe they'll just kill this Donna and never bring back any Donna ever...
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Can we just kill everyone and not bring them back ever? I've been here long enough to figure out that the only good Titans story is the NTT generation, and knowing that DC won't ever let them break the glass ceiling that is the League made me feel like there's no point of them even existing, and I'm done speculating on how best to handle them when they have no intention to do that.

I'm sorry, that was depressing, but I don't know what to say or do.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-16-2018 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    I wasn't suggesting characters for the team, just trying to name the characters in the image.
    Well, i thought you were suggesting substitutions for the characters on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Can we just kill everyone and not bring them back ever? I've been here long enough to figure out that the only good Titans story is the NTT generation, and knowing that DC won't ever let them break the glass ceiling that is the League made me feel like there's no point of them even existing, and I'm done speculating on how best to handle them when they have no intention to do that.

Well, to be honest, i lost interest in the new Teen titans years ago.
    Last edited by protege; 06-19-2018 at 02:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Well start by never going that dark place you just went again.

Second just like/love the characters you like/love and hope for the best.....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Or maybe they'll just kill this Donna and never bring back any Donna ever...
    I still keep waiting/hoping to find out the new origin is a lie and that she really is human, orpahaned, and adopted by the Amazons.
    Maybe her memories were manipulated the same way Diana’s were? That would be a way to redeem this version.