Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well, they got one thing right. Nightwing noticed the problem, make the initiative to build a team, share it with the League because it's important, and have no need for supervision
    Titans-Special-Comic-Preview-8.jpg

Surprisingly Jonn's list includes a lot of future League member and people older than Dick, so they are taking this Titans... no... this metahuman issue seriously as they should be

Edit: Oh scratch that, his real reason is below. The whole setup doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-09-2018 at 12:36 PM.

This, though, is ridiculous. Dick doesn't need an empath to read people. He's been established as the empath of the Batfam, pretty much. He's the one that goes for sympathetic approach and can read body language. The idea that he didn't realize that a mutated woman was running in fear is unbelievable.
    Titans-Special-Comic-Preview-7.jpg
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-09-2018 at 06:42 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Remarkable Dan Abnett got one thing wrong and one thing right about Nightwing really something else isn't he? Comic companies to train their writers to be able to understand their characters more so that they can craft stories around them and who they are not what they want them to be.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

An empath and a telepath... well, that explains why Raven and Miss Martian are on the list.

I noticed the league's suggestions included the new Power Girl, Atom, Batwoman, and Booster Gold. A lot of faces there I didn't recognise though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Remarkable Dan Abnett got one thing wrong and one thing right about Nightwing really something else isn't he? Comic companies to train their writers to be able to understand their characters more so that they can craft stories around them and who they are not what they want them to be.
    When I first figured that writers and artists are not given official character sheets I yelled. That seems to be a logical and simple thing to do, but they have to do their own research.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    When I first figured that writers and artists are not given official character sheets I yelled. That seems to be a logical and simple thing to do, but they have to do their own research.
    When did you learn this? IF Abnett writes Nightwing like he's supposed to more that is making it clear that he likes his independence it should make up for the shoddy way he wrote him in the previous run. The fact Dick wants independence in thsi issue alone was the opposite of how the new Titans team was advertised in the Comic-Con.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    When did you learn this? IF Abnett writes Nightwing like he's supposed to more that is making it clear that he likes his independence it should make up for the shoddy way he wrote him in the previous run. The fact Dick wants independence in thsi issue alone was the opposite of how the new Titans team was advertised in the Comic-Con.
    Oh I wasn't talking about Abnett. It's more about DC in general. I just figured it out. Christopher Priest said he only read Damian's latest appearance before writing him. Meredith Finch refused to read up on Donna Troy. There are multiple times when colorist miscolor a character, like that one time in Teen Titans where they made Kiran Singh, an Indian, white. So there's no mandatory reading they give to the team.

This preview seemed longer than usual. I'm also not sure why MM pretended to be Superman. Seemed extra for no reason.

At least Dick isn't folding completely here.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh I wasn't talking about Abnett. It's more about DC in general. I just figured it out. Christopher Priest said he only read Damian's latest appearance before writing him. Meredith Finch refused to read up on Donna Troy. There are multiple times when colorist miscolor a character, like that one time in Teen Titans where they made Kiran Singh, an Indian, white. So there's no mandatory reading they give to the team.
    Well that's disappointing that even their own creators don't bother to even know who they are writing for it should be mandatory for them to do that. Maybe they should at least keep a basic character sheet to pass around to the next team. It's kind of sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    This preview seemed longer than usual. I'm also not sure why MM pretended to be Superman. Seemed extra for no reason.

At least Dick isn't folding completely here.
    Might be related to what is going to happen during Bendis run.

Amazing Member

Hooray Amethyst cameo! It's been a while since she last appeared

So the breaking of the Source Wall was the equivalent to a Particle Accelerator explosion ?

It's nice to see Dick try and hold face against the League even if the League still basically insulted the last Titans team and Abnett still portrays Dick as a failure.

Superman's classic duds really do look out-of-place next to the rest of the Trinity in their modern costumes.

I also don't really get why Martian Manhunter would try to deceive Dick like that. Seems like a pretty unnecessary test.

So, that list:

Row 1: Frankenstein, Damage (?), ???, Aztek

Row 2: Etrigan, ???, Blue Devil, Booster Gold, Tanya Spears.

Row 3: ???, Amethys, Atom (Ryan Choi), Vibe, ???

Row 4: Batwoman, Ambush Bug, Azrael, Black Orchid, Clayface, ???

Row 5: Animal Man

Spectacular Member

So, Dick did not realize that the girl was scared until the train ran over her? And he even need an empath to realize?

I think I'm done with this book. I enjoy the Titans when the group is mainly composed of grown up former kid sidekicks. This collection of characters doesn't interest me in the slightest.