Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 108
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    To be fair, it is hard to be anything else than a "Justice League-lite" when you're mostly comprised of former sidekicks and, worse, when the NTT-era of young buddies has come to define the Titans so much. They suffer from being the "Justice League but not quite" while writers tries to paint them more like college buddies enjoying pizza-evening over well trained heroes. That's always been my problem with the adult Titans : they'd better formally join the League and at time remplace their mentors in it over forming an also-ran team.
    That's why the Pre-Flashpoint Titans were so much better than the current Titans. Because they were their own team and not so much in the League's shadow. Abnett seems to think that the team is still stuck in the same power structure they had in the 60s and 70s.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 06-09-2018 at 04:31 PM.

  2. #32
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Its kind of hypocritical for Bruce to be so hard on Dick. It was the Justice League who broke the Source Wall and put reality at risk.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Not seeing the complaints, to be honest.
    Which complaint that you disagree?

    It's fine. I just thought I was clear which part that doesn't work for me and why, so I'm curious why you don't see it.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-09-2018 at 05:23 PM.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Which complaint that you disagree?

    It's fine. I just thought I was clear which part that doesn't work for me and why, so I'm curious why you don't see it.
    People are saying that Dick comes off as incompetent here. But I don't see it.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I canít relate.

    DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

    Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

    Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

  5. #35
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Looks pointless, the hook isn't really hooking me. So they'll fight new metas? big deal everyone fights metas.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    People are saying that Dick comes off as incompetent here. But I don't see it.
    Well in my case it's because he doesn't recognize that a woman is scared of herself and her power, that he needs an empath or telepath to read the situation, that running after her in an intimidating way like she's a criminal is not a good idea. Dick is known for being understanding and can read body language. So that whole scene is off to me.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Isn't Dick basically a master body-reader since New52 & Grayson? It was even a huge plot point in both Higgins run and Grayson series. Though i think it's retconned now, he found out Bruce was Batman thanks to this skill as well.

    Ah Abnett, whatever takes to show Titans as incompetents.

  8. #38
    Mighty Member Dethi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    I'm tired...

    Between, Abnett who contradict himself with the whole "club of friend who lost their depth" said by Batman when Batman is the primary cause of that by putting Donna in the Watchtower and disband the team (and that he, Supes and Diana are shown as best friend everywhere).

    The fact that there is no explanation between what happen in the last arc where Dick, Wally, Roy and Donna become a team again, No Justice where they are all together again and here. (But it'll, I hope, be explain when he will ask Donna to join him...)

    And as a lot of ppl here, Dick can see that she is afraid because of him and her power but he can see that MM isn't Superman in the same issue ? I mean come on...
    Last edited by Dethi; 06-10-2018 at 05:32 AM.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

    Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Not seeing the complaints, to be honest.
    Maybe this will help...

    https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/06...andom-in-2018/

    Comic book fans are known for loving to hate things as much or more than they love to love things. The Simpsons' Comic Book Guy is offensively stereotypical but that stereotype doesn't come from nowhere.

    We're on a DC fan forum and some of the best posters, those that have read DC for the longest, cannot make a post without telling us that they've dropped all DC or all but one or two titles. Honestly I don't get it. If you're hating something that much I can't imagine wanting to say so several times daily on a fan forum. But that's how comic fans tend to do. I think it's a shame but everyone is entitled to their opinion even if they are predisposed to hate everything from a comic company they once loved.

    I'm being pretty hypocritical here because I don't read previews of comics I'm looking forward to so I'm doing what I abhor in responding when I haven't read the material in question. I'm waiting for the issue to come out so I can read the whole thing before forming an opinion about it.

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Maybe this will help...

    https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/06...andom-in-2018/

    Comic book fans are known for loving to hate things as much or more than they love to love things. The Simpsons' Comic Book Guy is offensively stereotypical but that stereotype doesn't come from nowhere.

    We're on a DC fan forum and some of the best posters, those that have read DC for the longest, cannot make a post without telling us that they've dropped all DC or all but one or two titles. Honestly I don't get it. If you're hating something that much I can't imagine wanting to say so several times daily on a fan forum. But that's how comic fans tend to do. I think it's a shame but everyone is entitled to their opinion even if they are predisposed to hate everything from a comic company they once loved.

    I'm being pretty hypocritical here because I don't read previews of comics I'm looking forward to so I'm doing what I abhor in responding when I haven't read the material in question. I'm waiting for the issue to come out so I can read the whole thing before forming an opinion about it.
    Oh good, you already know where you're wrong, so I don't have to say anything about that.

    I'm just gonna add that I've been reading all the complaints from the series I'm interested in, and a lot of them are legit and reasonable. Seeing what they wish and what's on the page I can see where everybody's coming from. There are some that's without reason and I'm also tired of it, but that link isn't something to be whipped out to everyone who has complaints.

    As for why people who don't read look at preview, because like trailers they give an idea what the story will be about, and help make the decision to purchase or not.

  11. #41
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    197

    Default

    I haven’t been reading Titans so I’m probably missing needed context, but I really don’t like the League’s attitude towards Nightwing, especially Batman’s, in this preview.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

  12. #42
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,681

    Default

    LoL, context actually makes this more confusing. That’s just how Abnett writes the JL. As overbearing a-holes. What’s more, Titans last arc pretty much crapped on idea of the Titans working under the JL, and even mocked and shamed Nightwing for being soft and for being the JL bitch. DC and Abnett clearly gave no real forethought to this direction.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-11-2018 at 12:40 AM.

  13. #43
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,681

    Default

    Also does Abnett think if he insults and buries the old team we wont remember that he’s the one who wrote them that way in the first place. With a clubhouse even and everything.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-11-2018 at 01:00 AM.

  14. #44
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Maybe this will help...

    https://revengeofthefans.com/2018/06...andom-in-2018/

    Comic book fans are known for loving to hate things as much or more than they love to love things. The Simpsons' Comic Book Guy is offensively stereotypical but that stereotype doesn't come from nowhere.

    We're on a DC fan forum and some of the best posters, those that have read DC for the longest, cannot make a post without telling us that they've dropped all DC or all but one or two titles. Honestly I don't get it. If you're hating something that much I can't imagine wanting to say so several times daily on a fan forum. But that's how comic fans tend to do. I think it's a shame but everyone is entitled to their opinion even if they are predisposed to hate everything from a comic company they once loved.

    I'm being pretty hypocritical here because I don't read previews of comics I'm looking forward to so I'm doing what I abhor in responding when I haven't read the material in question. I'm waiting for the issue to come out so I can read the whole thing before forming an opinion about it.
    Yeah i was always confused about how fans will complain about a book they knew they weren't going to read in the first place lol. In the Titans appreciation...."appreciation" thread, everyone goes on about how Dan Abnett is this and that. Uhhhhh if you didn't like his current Titans run, what makes you think you'll even like this one. It's all wasted energy to me.

    The preview seems solid to me. I like the idea of Dick training the heroes of tomorrow but the only i dont like is that they are all established heroes.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I canít relate.

    DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

    Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

    Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

  15. #45
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Yeah i was always confused about how fans will complain about a book they knew they weren't going to read in the first place lol. In the Titans appreciation...."appreciation" thread, everyone goes on about how Dan Abnett is this and that. Uhhhhh if you didn't like his current Titans run, what makes you think you'll even like this one. It's all wasted energy to me.

    The preview seems solid to me. I like the idea of Dick training the heroes of tomorrow but the only i dont like is that they are all established heroes.
    and what I see here is even though I already explain why in my post above, you all that complain about complainer decided to ignore it

    As for why people who don't read look at preview, because like trailers they give an idea what the story will be about, and help make the decision to purchase or not.

    Also, we provide explanations why we decide to pick or not pick the book and why we think it's bad or not in the forum because it is a place for discussion.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-11-2018 at 05:19 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •