Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

I wonder if the guy in the 3rd row at the end is Obsidian.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    That makes no sense; why just ‘tread water’ with the titans, if they’re just going to reboot or whatever they;re going to do anyway? Why not just put them in limbo, and figure out a new approach? Makes me wonder if I should bother with teen titans, now.
    Gotta make that money. Credit's still good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Gotta make that money. Credit's still good.
    Yeah, through a combination of the brand's strength and a lot of people actually liking Abnett's run despite the negativity on this board, Titans is still among their best selling ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Yeah, through a combination of the brand's strength and a lot of people actually liking Abnett's run despite the negativity on this board, Titans is still among their best selling ongoing series.
    If the X-Men Gold of DC

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If the X-Men Gold of DC
    Yeah basically, it's full of character everyone loves, the writing is meh and ppl still buying it a lot.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Yeah basically, it's full of character everyone loves, the writing is meh and ppl still buying it a lot.
    That's called following the character,not the team putting the book together.

I do it,this is how I pick books I want to read,it's a plus when the writer or artist doesn't suck

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I think that might be Deadman next to possible Damage.

Looks like Rampage next to Etrigan.

Alpha Centurion before Amethyst

I think the one next to Ryan is Black Lightning though. And it looks like Ray Terrill at the end of that row.

Oddly that looks like one of the designs of Power Ring next to Clayface.
    Is that Clayface? Looks more like a badly drawn version of Killer Croc to me, but he makes as little sense as Power Ring.

Speaking of not making sense, who would ever willingly put Ambush Bug on the list? I love the guy but doubt Batman would. Damage makes no sense either as at this point the superhuman community still have no idea what or who he is. Etrigan is already on Wonder Woman's team and does Amethyst even stay Amethyst when she is not on Gemworld? Also, Aztek is no longer a guy.

I think it might be Vixen just below Black Orchid, based on the hair and color of her skin.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    That's called following the character,not the team putting the book together.

I do it,this is how I pick books I want to read,it's a plus when the writer or artist doesn't suck
    I get that, I was doing that for a long time (but I'm starting to stop) but that's also how you keep DC, Marvel or anyone, doing crappy content where don't care much because they gain money of it without much quality.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I get that, I was doing that for a long time (but I'm starting to stop) but that's also how you keep DC, Marvel or anyone, doing crappy content where don't care much because they gain money of it without much quality.

That's the double edged sword of loving the characters that you have followed for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Is that Clayface? Looks more like a badly drawn version of Killer Croc to me, but he makes as little sense as Power Ring.

Speaking of not making sense, who would ever willingly put Ambush Bug on the list? I love the guy but doubt Batman would. Damage makes no sense either as at this point the superhuman community still have no idea what or who he is. Etrigan is already on Wonder Woman's team and does Amethyst even stay Amethyst when she is not on Gemworld? Also, Aztek is no longer a guy.

I think it might be Vixen just below Black Orchid, based on the hair and color of her skin.
    What are you all looking at?!

BANNED

1 of the ppl in the back,probably the 1 slightly to the right.

I keep seeing Luke cage a lil to the left in the back lol

This image:

Attachment 66854

...replacing Mr. Terrific with Black Lightning, Spoiler with Azrael, Scarecrow with Clayface or Killer Croc. And adding Animal Man below Batwoman, Aztek next to Metamorpho (who could also be Deadman), Ray next to Black Lightning (after the insert with Nightwing), someone looking like Power Ring below Ray, Black Orchid below Black Lightning and beside Azrael, and possibly Vixen below Black Orchid.

(The names on the screen were added by joebleau when he posted the image)

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The Ben Oliver pages were beautiful to look at and at least the team has some sense of mission and... Nope, that's all I've got. I haven't read anything by Abnett that I've loved. I thought his Titans to this point was totally forgettable and I only think his Aquaman has been 'good enough.' (Except when Sejic was drawing it which made it irresistible) I don't get the fuss about that title or about him as a writer generally. It feels to me like he could do with living a little more life and coming back when he has something to say.
    Yes! Something about his character voices are so...lifeless. As a matter of fact, I think his characters have no distinct voice whatsoever. All of them are depressed, overly serious but yet still childish. His Dick/Wally banters were some of the most wooden writing I've seen.

I read these books for the interactions between characters and Abnett is anything but a character writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Yes! Something about his character voices are so...lifeless. As a matter of fact, I think his characters have no distinct voice whatsoever. All of them are depressed, overly serious but yet still childish. His Dick/Wally banters were some of the most wooden writing I've seen.

I read these books for the interactions between characters and Abnett is anything but a character writer.
    Agreed. And worst the 'depression' is portrayed in a very superficial way. I'm all about private lives of superheroes and their emotional lives as well. Abnett pays lip service to this but he can't write these characters (or any characters apparently) with authentic emotion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

It's true that they were both co-written by him and Andy Lanning, but his Legion work and, from what I hear, his GotG work,completely disprove this, among plenty of other books. On his own, he's disproved this notion with works such as some of his Warhammer books and, from what I hear, Silencer. As I've said before, his track record is far from perfect, but to judge him based solely off this book is doing him a disservice.

That said, after the Titans Special, I'm really starting to lose the urge to defend him.
    Last edited by Assam; 06-15-2018 at 02:13 PM.