Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default World of Tanks by Garth Ennis & PJ Holden (Dark Horse)

When I was at the comic book store this week I found the last copy of:

World of Tanks: Citadel #1
    The Eastern Front, 1943: as the cataclysmic Battle of Kursk looms large, Captain Piotr Piotrowicz and his driver, Natalya ''Ginger'' Pulkhova, prepare their unit for action-- equipped with the worst tanks in the Russian inventory. On the opposite side, German tankers Karl Kraft and Freddie Stadler brace for the onslaught--well aware that failure here will put their Soviet enemy on the road to Berlin. Garth Ennis and PJ Holden present a second action-packed story of armored warfare, inspired by the phenomenally popular game World of Tanks.
    Creators
    Writer: Garth Ennis
    Artist: PJ Holden
    Colorist: Mike Atiyeh
    Cover Artist: Isaac Hannaford
    Publication Date: May 09, 2018
    Format: FC, 32 pages; Miniseries
    (U.S. Cover) Price: $3.99
    Age range: 14
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/300...anks-Citadel-1

It's suppose to be a five-issue series; issue #2 is due out this coming Wednesday (June 13th).

Anybody else buy this (or the previous run from 2016, World of Tanks (Roll Out) which featured art by both Holden and Carlos Ezquerra?)

Read issue #1.

Y'know, I'm not really use to Nazi soldiers using terms like "Wankers!" and "Bollocks!" . . .

Incredible Member

Only very tangentially related (ennis wrote the introduction to the trades) but Charley's War is truly superb if you havent read it - collecting the issues of Battle, a kids comic from uk, Pat Mills tells a no holds barred anti war WW1 epic - the very finest in British war comics. Stunning art by Joe Colquhoun too.