Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Jason Aaron on Dr. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    Max Bemis on moon knight. He turned the mysterious, dark antihero of Marc Spector into a "lol Marc's so craaazy" . Which is also what they did in Dr.strange damnation turning Marc into a atrocious comedic relief with everyone just calling him crazy.
    LOL ISN'T MENTAL ILLNESS JUST SO FUNNY

Uggggh.

I hate everything that Bendis did to Scarlet Witch.

iMan 42s

Iron man during the crossing was something of a betrayal.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

In issue 16 of volume 2 of Peter Parker Spider-Man, Venom is randomly killing people at the Daily Bugle, with no explanation given. This could maybe have been an effect of him absorbing the Carnage symbiote, but given the quality of Spider-Man comics then, I just think it was due to a lack of care and laziness.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    We don't speak of that.

Or at least I don't. lol

So a writer is on your favourite comic.

And he mis-writes your favourite character. We all know that happens!

One issue, two issues...

At one point do you stop buying??

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    We don't speak of that.

Or at least I don't. lol
    Correct on both accounts lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I hate everything that Bendis did to ________
    You can pretty much play madlibs with this and come up with almost every character Bendis touched that wasn't his own invention.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I've been reading Marvel from Fantastic Four #1 forward across multiple titles and am now in 1981. One thing that's impressed me is how multiple writers/editors kept characters relatively consistent. Except when they didn't.

I mean some of that was Really Bad. Characters were simply written totally out-of-character every now and then, to a point that was offensive. Have you seen that?

My personal vote is X-Men King Sized Annual #5. The Invisible Woman had been steady growing as a character, and Claremont (who was usually a feminist writer) regressed her to an "helpless female" stereotype in one quick stroke.

So what's your WT* misrepresentation?
    You mean the one with the Badoon. Where the whole FF are captured except Sue , and she teams up with the X-Men to lead a rescue?

Not really seeing the "helpless female" here, sorry.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Thor berating cancer afflicted Jane Foster and accusing her laughing about taking his hammer as revenge for when he cheated on her.

It's horrible in the moment and it's horrible in that it turns Thor into a guy who cheated years ago. Double whammy.

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Most misrepresentations of characters set a precedent, which makes the creators following a portrayal to continue to screw them up But here’s my top 22:

1. Post-Bendis Iceman
    2. Post-KSD Carol Danvers
    3. Post-Bendis Star-Lord
    4. Post-Cain Mockingbird
    5. Post-Way Deadpool
    6. Post-Morrison Cyclops
    7. Morrison and Taylor Jean Grey
    8. Post-Taylor X-23
    9. Post-Fraction Hawkeye
    10. Post-Morrison Beast
    11. Morrison Magneto
    12. Post-Bendis Luke Cage
    13. Post-Gillen America Chavez
    14. Post-Bendis Peter Parker
    15. Post-whoever decided to make Bishop a villain Bishop
    16. Post-DnA Pre-Duggan Groot
    17. Post-Aaron Jane Foster
    18. Millar Tony Stark
    19. Post-Hopeless Jessica Drew
    20. Post-Whedon Professor X
    21. Post-Spencer Sam Wilson
    22. Post-Aaron Thor
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Reed Richards during Civil War. It was such a departure from how I saw Reed and how he was previously portrayed, especially the stuff with Clor and Bill Foster. He didn't even care that he died, he might as well have said "whoops! My bad" he cared so little. That has never been how Reed reacted to how a friend dies, especially if it were his fault.
    It's especially jarring after the arc in FF 300 and something, many years before Civil War where he and the team were testifying against registering superheroes.
    That whole event was a mess and while Reed isn't viewed as badly as Tony Stark after it, there are still those who hate him because of it and think that is how he usually acts.
    Reed got a pass from the rest of the MU. He was right next to Tony when they were doing bad shit. And Carol was right there step for step doing the things Tony was doing and got nothing like how Stark got and she did the bad shit again in CWII. I don't see her getting bashed no where as near as Tony did. Steve did get mindwiped on Tony's order by Strange. Strange didn't get the blame Tony took it.

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    Carol Danvers since she became Captain Marvel.
    She's doing illegal things now and shit she did before with Tony.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-10-2018 at 03:48 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mary-Jane Watson in Bendis Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I hate everything that Bendis did to Scarlet Witch.
    Although the seeds were planted in earlier stories for her becoming a bit unstable by Byrne and Micheline. It's not pleasant but having these powers come at a price for some of these characters.