Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Dio Brando vs Alucard

I assume that this fight has been done before, but I am curious as to the outcome.

Alucard (Hellsing Ultimate)

vs

Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

Fight takes place in a ruined and otherwise uninhabbited downtown London. Who wins?

Which Dio are we talking about? Phantom Blood or Stardust Crusaders era?

Astonishing Member

Alucard for a stomp of either.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

not sure what dio could do to put al down for good or even a 10 count.

Astonishing Member

On the other hand I'm not seeing how Alucard's going to be able to lay so much as a freaky blood-tendril on Dio.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    not sure what dio could do to put al down for good or even a 10 count.
    Do we consider Dio to be physically stronger than Tarkus? If so, he's have some fairly powerful Physical stats. Not sure if they'd be enough to hurt Alucard though

Astonishing Member

Also wasn't it established The World's time freezing gets longer and longer the more practice Dio gets at it? Doesn't sound good for Alucard if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Also wasn't it established The World's time freezing gets longer and longer the more practice Dio gets at it? Doesn't sound good for Alucard if you ask me.
    Practice and drinking certain types of bloods (he went from 5 to 9 seconds after drinking Joseph's). The latter might be strictly Joestar blood, but I can't recall the exact wording.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Practice and drinking certain types of bloods (he went from 5 to 9 seconds after drinking Joseph's). The latter might be strictly Joestar blood, but I can't recall the exact wording.
    i think it was due to joseph's blood, due to the world technically being jonathan's stand and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    DIO gains a significant power up upon drinking Joestar blood because it improves his control over Jonathan's body, and vampires in JoJo have their powers based on how much control they have over their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    due to the world technically being jonathan's stand and all.
    This is fanon, however. The World is only ever referred to as Dio's Stand in canon, is noted to represent an aspect of his personality that Jonathan didn't possess*, and is also possessed by an alternate timeline's human Dio.

*: The reason it stops time and creates a world where only he can move is based on his belief that he has the right to control the world.
    Last edited by Siriel; 06-11-2018 at 10:49 AM.

BANNED

Well somebody's getting a road roller. Just saying.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    DIO gains a significant power up upon drinking Joestar blood because it improves his control over Jonathan's body, and vampires in JoJo have their powers based on how much control they have over their bodies.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I honestly cannot think of good strength feats to compare the two. Both are superhuman (even without the Stand), and capable of killing a man in a single blow. This is partially important because I would argue their durability is the same - neither is harder to injure than the other. Of course, Alucard's regeneration is monstrously beyond Dio's, so Alucard has the advantage in endurance.

Alucard's armaments are probably not going to be as major a factor in this fight compared to other vampire fights. Jojoverse vampires are weak to sunlight, and sufficient physical trauma. The holy water and silver in Alucard's bullets will not make them more effective. On the otherhand, Alucard uses large powerful pistols that would do a lot of damage to a person anyway. Dio will have some defense against the bullets - The World first manifested itself to protect him when Enya shot at him, so it is not something completely unheard of.

My old argument with the fight is that it boils down to Jojoverse vampirism. Jojo vampires drain blood through their skin, and it amps them when they do it. If Dio can close and Alucard lets Dio splatter him (which is fairly standard for Alucard's MO), then there's a good chance Dio can start gorging himself on Alucard's blood and weaken him that way. And I think we have no way of knowing how much blood a Jojoverse vampire can take in....

If Alucard gets time and can summon his legions, I can see him dragging the fight out long enough sunrise can occur, which would make winning trivial for someone like him.

If Alucard still has most of his restrictions on.... a drawn-out bloody fight. Either Alucard gets lucky and gets enough clear headshots to disorient Dio enough that Dio cannot recover, or Dio ends up eating bits of Alucard to go the distance to put him down.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Incredible Member

Did Death Battle accurately portray a Stand's invulnerability to all damage except that by other Stands?

If that's true, would the Hound of Baskervile be effective against DIO's Stand?