Default Fantastic Four animated films

I think that the Fantastic Four should have animated films like the DC Comics characters have animated films. New stories can be created, or they can adapt established storylines.
    The animation should be modern and compelling. It could be created with PG/PG-13 in mind.

I just need something animated, it can be a show or a film I don't care. It's been way too long.

In terms of art direction, I'd want it be very 60s inspired in look and style but at the same time timeless. Batman the animated series did this incredibly well.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If The Incredibles weren't a thing, I'd say they could have a 3D animated movie to play up the fantastic elements.

I could even see Galactus in a 3D animated F4.

Marvel really gave up on animated movies when the Disney purchase went into effect. I would’ve liked to have seen more Lionsgate stuff.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Animated movies would be a good way to see what lesser-known characters audiences like, and that stand a better chance in the MCU. The fact they've made successes out of B or C-list characters shows that relative obscurity doesn't mean someone is unpopular. It also give the opportunity to do more straight adaptations of older storylines, like they did with Planet Hulk.

Fox probably has a better chance of producing a big-budget FF animated movie then we have of Marvel themselves actually doing a worthwhile animated film with the property.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fox probably has a better chance of producing a big-budget FF animated movie then we have of Marvel themselves actually doing a worthwhile animated film with the property.
    If I had any say on how to do another Fantastic Four film, I'd play it safe. Nail the characters and the tone, and that should win back some good will with fans. Characters are the heart of anything, unless it's a Godzilla movie (there's a reason the trope is called Just Here For Godzilla), and if the characters are done right, that's gotta be worth brownie points.

An anthology series like Justice League Action might be another way to go. It's not committed to one particular character or set of characters, and can take a chance on more obscure characters. It also shows a shared universe without resorting to a world threatening crisis each time.

Well, now that the FF is kinda-sorta back with Marvel/Disney, or soon to be in coming months, there's no excuse for there not to be some kind of animation plans for the characters. I really hope that something is come up with very soon. It would be great if marvel could have more feature based animated movies. I mean, right now, there's nothing, and of course Big Hero Six was drastically revamped in development.

If they did a direct to video animated film I would like to see this as one.

[IMG][/IMG]

Kang would be a fun one to see. Or even the Hickman stuff. Just these days people would confuse it with Rick and morty haha