Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

The only thing is Kitty's first on panel official female partner has to have a name that can be read as a feminine form of Peter. She has an established type, after all.
    Hmm, maybe Petra...

All-New Member

I thought when we finally got here I'd be once again pushing for KittyXRachel...

But no...

No...

We've been jerked around on this for SO LONG I will not be satisfied until Kitty is sailing the oceans with her FULL ON HAREM of Yana, Rachel and Shan!!

Hell, I'm felling generous! Throw in Tattoo girl in there too!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I thought that he wanted Wolverine to be bi too, unless that i mistaken.
    If anything, the heteronormalozong of Logan bothers me more. Over the years he turned into a stand-in beer swilling “str8” guy when Claremont flat out said Logan was a any port In a storm type.

His intention with kitty and rachel were made pretty clear with X-men The End.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    If anything, the heteronormalozong of Logan bothers me more. Over the years he turned into a stand-in beer swilling “str8” guy when Claremont flat out said Logan was a any port In a storm type.
    That’s why I thought when then could no longer do that with their cash cow Logan, they went ahead and did it with his son Daken instead.

I've never really noticed that sub-text with Logan, so if you can point any particular issues out I'll have to give them a re-read. Claremont did do a lot to try and make the Clint Eastwood gruff outsider with a past anti-hero act less tiresome, like focusing on how someone like that can actually form positive relationships and fit into a team/familial dynamic.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Logan’s favourite port of call...
    502C35DB-6885-43CB-893B-30CBEBFD2D57.jpg

Sorry (so, so not) but I love that cover.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I've never really noticed that sub-text with Logan, so if you can point any particular issues out I'll have to give them a re-read. Claremont did do a lot to try and make the Clint Eastwood gruff outsider with a past anti-hero act less tiresome, like focusing on how someone like that can actually form positive relationships and fit into a team/familial dynamic.
    It was always a "feel" thing which is open into interpretation within canon. I quoted the exact "any port in a storm" phrase from Claremont himself.

Then I went back to figure out WTF he was talking about. IT's one of those things that made more sense to me once more writers made x-men their own. If you read Claremont Wolv, he was very Alpha and manly but had none of the "bro" isms more recent writers have attached to him in the past decade or so: the beer, the scratching himself ... there's bisexual, and then there's greedy. He struck me as a greedy type, LMAO. None of that subtext is left over in recent years, save Morrisson Wolv. HE was felt bi AF, lol.

Astonishing Member

It was always a "feel" thing which is open into interpretation within canon. I quoted the exact "any port in a storm" phrase from Claremont himself.

Then I went back to figure out WTF he was talking about. IT's one of those things that made more sense to me once more writers made x-men their own. If you read Claremont Wolv, he was very Alpha and manly but had none of the "bro" isms more recent writers have attached to him in the past decade or so: the beer, the scratching himself ... there's bisexual, and then there's greedy. He struck me as a greedy type, LMAO. None of that subtext is left over in recent years, save Morrisson Wolv. HE was felt bi AF, lol.
    I kinda feel like they've teased a bi Wolverine during this Krakoa era. Or at least Hickman has.

Quote Originally Posted by ameri View Post
    I mean she kissed a girl and boys, It's pretty much confirmed that she is bisexual.
    I'm a straight dude who has kissed nearly as many boys as girls. It doesn't mean anything as such. Somebody wants a kiss and doesn't look like an extra from Walking Dead, come geddit.
    I have not read that comic so I don't know the context, but does she know that tattoo artist? Or is she just a random customer there and decides to kiss her? That would seem like bad idea especially in these #metoo times...

I have been Kitty fan since she first appeared and it's complete news to me she could be bi. She was always very much into boys with plenty of inner dialogue about lamenting how the guys she wanted weren't into her or dumped her. So I can see why people would have problems with "oh she was always intended to be that way".
    I guess you could draw parallel to Willow who found halfway through 'Buffy' that she was into girls and that was widely celebrated and accepted by the fans. However it's harder to convince people after 40 years of publication history vs only three years.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm a straight dude who has kissed nearly as many boys as girls. It doesn't mean anything as such. Somebody wants a kiss and doesn't look like an extra from Walking Dead, come geddit.
    I have not read that comic so I don't know the context, but does she know that tattoo artist? Or is she just a random customer there and decides to kiss her? That would seem like bad idea especially in these #metoo times...

I have been Kitty fan since she first appeared and it's complete news to me she could be bi. She was always very much into boys with plenty of inner dialogue about lamenting how the guys she wanted weren't into her or dumped her. So I can see why people would have problems with "oh she was always intended to be that way".
    I guess you could draw parallel to Willow who found halfway through 'Buffy' that she was into girls and that was widely celebrated and accepted by the fans. However it's harder to convince people after 40 years of publication history vs only three years.
    Again this is a comic book why would they show Kate kissing a girl if not to show that she has attractiom for women?
    And It is okay if you didn't see any subtext of Kate being queer before but the subtext was there even Claremont confirmed it. You can see how the relationship of Kitty with Rachel during Excalibur and X-treme X-Men was special and Kitty and Karma almost kissing during Mekanix.

Fantastic Member

Again this is a comic book why would they show Kate kissing a girl if not to show that she has attractiom for women?
    And It is okay if you didn't see any subtext of Kate being queer before but the subtext was there even Claremont confirmed it. You can see how the relationship of Kitty with Rachel during Excalibur and X-treme X-Men was special and Kitty and Karma almost kissing during Mekanix.
    I mean, she kissed a random male tattoo artist and it literally meant nothing beyond her being 'crazy pirate kate' so there's some validity to saying 'this very obvious call back to a situation that meant nothing other than to show her acting crazy is again showing her acting crazy and that her murder from shaw and subsequent confrontation did not shake her'. Especially since it happened immediately after said confrontation.

Of course, fanservice is just about the only thing Marauders has going for it at this point, so.

Extraordinary Member

Illyana jumping her bones, the cave opening that looks like a vagina, the look Rachel and Kitty give each other....

The tattoo artist kiss wasn’t the only thing pointing toward bisexuality. It was just the cherry on top at the end of the issue.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 09-16-2020 at 08:22 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

For kicks. Rogue kissed Natasha, Storm kissed some rando chick and Beast kissed Angel or something.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    For kicks. Rogue kissed Natasha, Storm kissed some rando chick and Beast kissed Angel or something.
    Correction, Natasha kissed Rogue (and Mockingbird), which says a lot about Natasha.

Storm is another whole issue to talk about.

And Beast kissing Wonder Man was like a goofy Bugs Bunny slapstick kiss at the time. I’m not sure if present mad scientist-genocidal Beast would still do that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That's a long way of saying "Trini was right".
    "Cable was right!"