Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
    BANNED

++removed++
    Last edited by lowfyr; 09-10-2020 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She’s here.
    She’s queer.
    And there’s nothing Sebastian Shaw can do about it.
    Absolutely. I can't wait to see how she deals with him!!!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Have you ever heard of bisexual people?
    If she were bisexual , maybe she'd be married to Piotr as per their X-Men Gold wedding plans.I always found her walking away from him then super dubious, looking back now maybe that was the issue ,they were laying the groundwork for this...I have to agree with Havok83, I always saw Kitty written as hetero, even when she walked from Piotr I couldn't put my finger on her sexuality because there was absolutely no hint of anything like that up till that point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    If she were bisexual , maybe she'd be married to Piotr as per their X-Men Gold wedding plans.I always found her walking away from him then super dubious, looking back now maybe that was the issue ,they were laying the groundwork for this...I have to agree with Havok83, I always saw Kitty written as hetero, even when she walked from Piotr I couldn't put my finger on her sexuality because there was absolutely no hint of anything like that up till that point.
    I always thought of her as straight as well. She heavily reminded me of lots of girls in college who flirt with queer identities for attention and not because they are actually part of those communities. All of them completely left those queer communities after they were done with their social 20's.

I'd rather have Rachel or Magik confirmed as queer than Kate.

To me, the lust for Queer Kitty Pryde sometimes comes off as self loathing in terms of wanting to convert "that" straight girl.

And her kissing that Magik looking girl doesn't confirm she's queer. It's more of queer baiting as of now.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 09-10-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I always thought of her as straight as well. She heavily reminded me of lots of girls in college who flirt with queer identities for attention and not because they are actually part of those communities. All of them completely left those queer communities after they were done with their social 20's.

To me, the lust for Queer Kitty Pryde sometimes comes off as self loathing in terms of wanting to convert "that" straight girl.

And her kissing that Magik looking girl doesn't confirm she's queer. It's more of queer baiting as of now.
    Yep DoX has plenty of queer baiting to make me cautious enough not to jump to conclusions based on a random kiss.I mean it was her first time to come back from the dead, she'd kiss Logan if he ran a tattoo parlour

All-New Member

I mean she kissed a girl and boys, It's pretty much confirmed that she is bisexual.

Quote Originally Posted by ameri View Post
    I mean she kissed a girl and boys, It's pretty much confirmed that she is bisexual.
    It being a random tattoo artist.. I understand people in the lgbtq community being cautious on labeling Kitty BI based on a same sex kiss. I wish it was as simple as kissing a girl makes someone bi but don’t straight girls sometimes kiss girls? I really don’t know. They experiment? Maybe. Maybe not. But the way kitty acting in the scene this kiss was a callback to? I didn’t think the previous one meant she wasn’t that male tattoo artist? I guess we’ll see if we see this female one again.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    When she’s been only romantically involved with men her entire existence.
    So, because I was dating exclusively women and Bro-ing it up with the dudes and hating on queers when I was a teenager before I came out as gay, that means I was actually straight...? I can tell you that my Own knowledge of my inherent queerness only made me try harder to BE straight. But it never did work...

And before you say something ignorant like, ‘But we saw her thought bubbles and she never even thought about gross gay stuff!’, remember the CCA. Remember how deeply censored comics were for decades, to ‘protect innocence’. Don’t leave out the realities of people like Jim Shooter enacting a ‘no queers’ policy, which forced writers who wanted to present queer narratives to rely on subtext that could slip under the radar of the homophobes.

Claremont clearly intended Kitty to be at least SOMEWHERE on the LGBT+ spectrum, but social mores and prejudices prevented that from happening for waaaaay too long. Now that those mores are finally changing and we can, like...acknowledge the existence of people we previously pretended didn’t exist (when we weren’t passing laws criminalizing or permitting persecution of, and preaching the ‘loving’ threat of hellfire and damnation towards, and tacitly encouraging the assault and dehumanization of LGBT+ people in every public arena, anyhow), some characters who have long been coded as queer (Iceman, Hercules, Kitty, Rachel, ‘Yana, and others) are being allowed to explore that side of storytelling openly, alongside characters who were ‘meant’ to be queer from the start.

You don’t like it?

Tough.

I didn’t like growing up with no representation in any form of fiction or media - except for sexless sidekicks to the leading lady, ‘wacky’ clowns to laugh at, perverted villains, or tragic doomed morality play characters - that was like me. I didn’t like being forced to sit through yet another heterosexual snogfest when the male lead CLEARLY had more chemistry with his best friend/rival than with the leading lady. The difference is, you still have PLENTY of straight people to read about and watch movies about, and tv shows and...all of that.

A few characters exploring and embracing non-traditional sexualities aren’t going to be the end of comics or ‘ruin’ anything.

Well, unless you just hate LGBT+ people that much, I guess.
    Last edited by zinderel; 09-10-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Mighty Member

I'm gay 100% and I've kissed lots of girls (post-coming out). That was in my 20's though.

Now that makes no sense. How is her kissing a girl queerbaiting?? Unless 2020 queerbaiting means actual LGBTQ representation than lemme get all that queerbait.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    It being a random tattoo artist.. I understand people in the lgbtq community being cautious on labeling Kitty BI based on a same sex kiss. I wish it was as simple as kissing a girl makes someone bi but don’t straight girls sometimes kiss girls? I really don’t know. They experiment? Maybe. Maybe not. But the way kitty acting in the scene this kiss was a callback to? I didn’t think the previous one meant she wasn’t that male tattoo artist? I guess we’ll see if we see this female one again.
    It's a comic book they wouldn't waste panels to show that Kitty is straight but kisses girls, come on! Kitty was one of the most queercoded characters from Marvel so this is kiss is basically a confirmation.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Now that makes no sense. How is her kissing a girl queerbaiting?? Unless 2020 queerbaiting means actual LGBTQ representation than lemme get all that queerbait.
    Exactly! Kate is LGBT representation either you want it or not

Trust me. A lot of LGBTQ X men fans have an issue with what happened in yesterday’s issue. I’m on the sidelines for this one. I’m not one to tell someone what is and isn’t great representation or problematic representation.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I stand corrected then .

But honestly, i think that half of the Claremont X-Men team were at least bisexual.
    Half? I'd go with 99%, at least.

I can see Kitty before Rachel, imo. But I can see Rachel, as well.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 09-10-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I was gonna post this in the unpopular opinion thread but since this topic has one dedicated to it, I'll put it here. I never read Kitty as gay and didnt even know that was a thing until this board. There seems to be a vitriol response to her being written as straight which I dont get bc this isnt like a Mystique/Destiny thing which was heavily implied, yet never shown. IMO, this Kitty thing amounts to fanfiction people wish were canon. People can try to cite what Claremont wishes were the case, but he wrote her as hetero when he could have had her not be interested in men or at best, ambiguous like Mystique
    Mystique and Destiny were villains, and there was more freedom to show or imply villains as doing something society (wrongly) viewed as bad back in those days. It wasn't just comics either, you can find a lot more characters in film implied as gay or bi among villains (and to a lesser extent, comic relief) than you will heroic characters until recently. In a similar fashion, villainous women were typically much more sexually open than heroic ones - since back in the day it was considered wrong by society for women to pursue sex themselves.
    Dark does not mean deep.