Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She’s also mentioned Kitty and Magik were coded queer.
    Kitty and (insert random X-woman) are coded queer. I guess Kitty makes all the ladies go queer for her.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    afaik Jean, Rogue, Psylocke, Dazzler were all pretty straight.
    Dazzlers just super horny. So anything goes. She almost fucked Beast once.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

And it’s gonna be Yana and Kitty. Everybody knows Rachel and Legion are OTP.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Dazzlers just super horny. So anything goes. She almost fucked Beast once.
    We can say the F bomb in this forum? Not that I would...it's just odd to see it. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I didn't think much about the upcoming X-Men Gold Annual when the August solicits were solicited, but now the description and the author are big signs that are hard to ignore. According to this online interview, Seanan McGuire describes herself as "pansexual" and the characters from many of her award winning books were queer/asexual/bisexual/pansexual. It's not hard to assume why Marvel would recruit such an author to write about Kitty's first kiss at summer camp.
    Not gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    We can say the F bomb in this forum? Not that I would...it's just odd to see it. o_O
    We can. We're just not supposed to overdo it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Not gonna happen!
    Why not? It’s more likely, and more supported by the canon, than Kurtty.

Well if they want to retcon Kitty being in the closet all these years let them do it. Though nothing will hide the fact that it's a retcon to me at least. Don't waste your time trying to convince me otherwise as it will be a waste of both our time. I really hope they don't do the tired trope of the character coming out the day of her wedding. The character could not come to terms before getting married of all things. In any case I would like to see a bi-sexual character as opposed to a straight or gay one.

Enough with the Homophobic garbage. It's a insult tossed out by those who have absolutely not good or constructive to add in any conversation. I disliked and cheered when they killed off LC3 in the solo movie. It suddenly makes make me misogynistic I hated the character voice and the script they gave the character was utter garbage. It's know it's a foreign concept for some here to understand that not everyone thinks like you do.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

This thread’s time has come again.

oh jeez. these 14 pages happened in my time away from this board. well, Queer Kitty, you have my axe...

Relevant content.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    If marvel does not make is move now it is better for shippers to give up there will be no better opportunity.

And yet expect as much noise as Bobby and Bendis did.
    Funny, this was 15 months ago and exactly how I feel now. It’s the dawn of a new culture and mutants are leaving human mores behind. Kitty’s recently ended her second engagement, and sailing the high seas presumably ready to live a little. Anecdotally, lesbian x-twitter seems to be booming! Hickman has talked about wanting to explore ‘mutant sexuality’, and they just happen to have at least three queer writers on upcoming books (though none are named Gerry Duggan, as far as I know) so it’s not like the existence of this thread would be a shock to them (unless JDW is just amazingly insulated from that stuff.)

What better time to pull the trigger? If not now, when?

But of course, 15 months from now I could be saying “ok NOW there’s never been a better chance”!

I hate no issue with Kitty or Rachel being bi. I think in particular for Rachel it's a good choice. However I do not want them together. It's gross on Rachel's end. Kitty's her real mother.

I am also convinced that Psylocke was dating Dark Angel (Shevaun Haldane).

For me, it is as simple as this if it is in canon then that what is and note not coded in canon. I don't have to guess with Wolverine, Cyclops, Havok , I don't have to guess with Psylocke, Prodigy, Mystique I don't have to guess with Iceman, Rictor, Anole. We won't deny in the past they couldn't put stuff in but that is not as true anymore. Kitty in canon has explicitly dated men you don't have guess intent, Kitty in canon has some stuff that is hinting to her liking women. I am not hating but if they wanted Kitty to bi it would be explicit and undeniable. And maybe it happens still future and when that happens I know I will be fine it but we don't have to guess most characters.

Marvel has Tini Howard, Vita Alaya, Leah Williams, Seanan McGuire, They had Sina Grace writing Iceman. It is not just a straight boy club writing and it is not a period of time where characters can't be queer. Given time it should get better with queer reletionship in X-books with better representation behind the scenes. Why play the guessing game? Let it be explicit and undeniable. A bunch of people doesn't like what has happen to Iceman but it is explicit and undeniable in canon what is Iceman sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    For me, it is as simple as this if it is in canon then that what is and note not coded in canon. I don't have to guess with Wolverine, Cyclops, Havok , I don't have to guess with Psylocke, Prodigy, Mystique I don't have to guess with Iceman, Rictor, Anole. We won't deny in the past they couldn't put stuff in but that is not as true anymore. Kitty in canon has explicitly dated men you don't have guess intent, Kitty in canon has some stuff that is hinting to her liking women. I am not hating but if they wanted Kitty to bi it would be explicit and undeniable. And maybe it happens still future and when that happens I know I will be fine it but we don't have to guess most characters.

Marvel has Tini Howard, Vita Alaya, Leah Williams, Seanan McGuire, They had Sina Grace writing Iceman. It is not just a straight boy club writing and it is not a period of time where characters can't be queer. Given time it should get better with queer reletionship in X-books with better representation behind the scenes. Why play the guessing game? Let it be explicit and undeniable. A bunch of people doesn't like what has happen to Iceman but it is explicit and undeniable in canon what is Iceman sexuality.
    It’s your decision if you want to see everyone as 100% straight by default until undeniably proven otherwise, but to me it doesn’t seem fair that straight characters can do nothing and have their orientation represented but a character can’t be queer short of screaming it from the rooftops and making out on panel.

You’re right that if they wanted Kitty to be bi it would be explicit and undeniable — obviously they haven’t wanted her to be bi. (Though there are multiple “they”s at any given point, and occasionally some may have wanted her to be, but either didn’t try to push it or weren’t allowed.)

But this conversation should never be about what was intended, because an artist doesn’t get to tell someone how to process their creation. They can say what they were going for, but that’s not the same as owning the narrative once it’s out in the world. And, sometimes intentionally but more often not, creators over the years have created a character that really resonates as queer to a lot of people. As far as I’m concerned it doesn’t have to get more explicit for her to be queer in my view of canon — plenty of printed material comes close enough for my reading. But the fact remains that this is not the pretense most writers are operating under, and I would love to see that change. I’d love to see someone intentionally write a bisexual Kitty, and have full permission to make it undeniable.

You seem to be suggesting that modern Marvel is so progressive and open to anything that at this point anyone who isn’t kissing someone of the same sex may as well be actively declaring their straightness, but I think the culture in those offices isn’t quite there yet (to say nothing of the straight as default fallacy I noted earlier, or the fact that people’s sexuality evolving through their life is not rare.) For a character as prominent as Bobby, it probably could have only happened from a writer as big as Bendis, and probably not without clearing it with a lot of people. I assume no one with a lot of clout has tried to get Kitty cleared before, which is why I hope Hickman goes for it; even if it’s not a priority for him, maybe he’d go to bat if another writer felt strongly about it.

You mention Vita Ayala - you can hear them on this podcast expressing a lot of strong opinions about Kitty and a whole lot of other X-Men being queer, but they keep reiterating that they aren’t in a position to make any of it happen and know that they can’t really even bring it up, or at least would have to do so very selectively.
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 09-28-2019 at 03:39 AM.