Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Half? I'd go with 99%, at least.

I can see Kitty before Rachel, imo. But I can see Rachel, as well.
    I kinda wonder if they aren't starting to set something up between Rachel and Kitty. I got a weird vibe out of their (sort of) interaction this issue.

I feel that Kitty has always been shown to be at least bi-curious. She used to have an infatuation with Storm, and during her time in Japan there was a flirtatious vibe with Yukio.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Now that makes no sense. How is her kissing a girl queerbaiting?? Unless 2020 queerbaiting means actual LGBTQ representation than lemme get all that queerbait.
    Because they still haven't had her confirm anything.

Kissing a random girl after an exciting event does not make you queer. I've kissed girls before especially when I was in Kitty's age group that doesn't confirm I'm into females. I remember back when Obama lost I kissed a closed female friend of mine just cause we were so excited. Spontaneous kisses don't make you queer.

Have her confirm it beyond an impulsive kiss and I'm in. Have her actually kiss Magik, and I'll buy it. Her kissing a random girl is like being fed crumbs and acting like it's a five star dinner. I mean if random girl coms back and they develop a relationship, then I'll take it seriously, but like I said, this is a tiny little crumb instead.

Extraordinary Member

It’s a parallel from when she kissed the male tattoo artist earlier in the run.

It’s basically confirming she’s bi now

Surprise the title of the thread isn't just Queer Pryde

I feel like some fans haven't learned nothing about what's it like to write an LGBTQI+ character at Marvel even after Sina Grace's tell all posts. Having Kate actually kiss a girl on panel shows an initiative on Duggan's part to actually put on paper what was hidden through years of editorial denial and dismissing it as queerbaiting is like denying the amount of work the writers actually have to do to be able to portray these characters' sexualities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I feel like some fans haven't learned nothing about what's it like to write an LGBTQI+ character at Marvel even after Sina Grace's tell all posts. Having Kate actually kiss a girl on panel shows an initiative on Duggan's part to actually put on paper what was hidden through years of editorial denial and dismissing it as queerbaiting is like denying the amount of work the writers actually have to do to be able to portray these characters' sexualities.
    I’m starting to understand why Bendis did what he did with Bobby.

Readers won’t believe a character is queer unless you irrevocably have like a telepath say out load that you are definitely gay.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Exactly! It could be way better but it is obviously a confirmation of Kate's bisexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Readers won’t believe a character is queer unless you irrevocably have like a telepath say out load that you are definitely gay.
    And even then, they’ll accuse the telepath of ‘mind rape’ and ‘forcibly changing Bobby into a gay’ instead of just...accepting it and listening to the people who have been pointing out subtext for decades...

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    And even then, they’ll accuse the telepath of ‘mind rape’ and ‘forcibly changing Bobby into a gay’ instead of just...accepting it and listening to the people who have been pointing out subtext for decades...
    That's true. I have no problem with outing a character who has had subtext behind them for years, or, as is the case for Kitty, that wasn't subtext. That was text.

I'm less thrilled with the change to Alan Scott over at DC, since it was at least partly done to replace Obsidian, a character who was retgoned (not a typo) during one of their many reboots. That comes across as simple box checking rather than honest representation.

The only thing is Kitty's first on panel official female partner has to have a name that can be read as a feminine form of Peter. She has an established type, after all.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Blonde tattoo artist's name is Peta.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Blonde tattoo artist's name is Peta.
    We have a winner!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Where is Rachel when you need her?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Where is Rachel when you need her?
    Forever separated from Kitty by virtue of not being named a variation of Peter.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Forever separated from Kitty by virtue of not being named a variation of Peter.
    If you rearrange the letters in Prestige you can spell Peter. With a left over I, G, and S...but close enough lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That's true. I have no problem with outing a character who has had subtext behind them for years, or, as is the case for Kitty, that wasn't subtext. That was text.

I'm less thrilled with the change to Alan Scott over at DC, since it was at least partly done to replace Obsidian, a character who was retgoned (not a typo) during one of their many reboots. That comes across as simple box checking rather than honest representation.

The only thing is Kitty's first on panel official female partner has to have a name that can be read as a feminine form of Peter. She has an established type, after all.
    Yeah, Alan Scott in New 52 felt forced. I would have loved seeing him be a dad, with a healthy, positive relationship with his gay son, who would become Obsidian as the story went on. But no...erasure, and then box checking...

As for a variant of Peter for Kitty’s first ‘official’ girlfriend (who she soon leaves for her true love Rachel), wasn’t Petra the name of one of Vulcan and Darwin’s old teammates?