Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

She’s not Bi. Claremont is my fave but you just can’t say it and it be true. He never showed it or said it on panel. Subtext ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    She’s not Bi. Claremont is my fave but you just can’t say it and it be true. He never showed it or said it on panel. Subtext ymmv.
    Claremont's said it many a times. Even nearly made it explicit during MekaniX. And,,,,,there's nothing saying she isn't Bi so why are you so adamant about trying to "keep her straight"???

Only people who don’t care about the characters they speak of seek to change a core trait of said characters. You change change a character’s race, gender, or orientation, the it’s no longer the same character. It’d be like me saying “I love Nightcrawler, but he shouldn’t be blue or teleport.” Enough of this nonsense.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Only people who don’t care about the characters they speak of seek to change a core trait of said characters. You change change a character’s race, gender, or orientation, the it’s no longer the same character. It’d be like me saying “I love Nightcrawler, but he shouldn’t be blue or teleport.” Enough of this nonsense.
    Who says anything's being changed? Please point to where Kitty was declared as heterosexual.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Who says anything's being changed? Please point to where Kitty was declared as heterosexual.
    When she’s been only romantically involved with men her entire existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This. Is there a heroic female character he wrote for any length of time who wasn't teased as bi? It comes across more like a fetish than inclusiveness.
    Pretty much. He loved his BDSM, mind control, body modification, and bisexual Amazons. And there's nothing wrong with that... but it might have been nice to hint that Logan or Scott or just one guy might have been bi.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    All Claremazons were at least bi if not absolute lesbians. He drove me nuts with dropping hints all the time.
    Men can be Claremazons too. And yes they’re also mostly bisexual or at least bicurious.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    All Claremazons were at least bi if not absolute lesbians. He drove me nuts with dropping hints all the time.
    At that point are we sure he wasn’t just using his power as the writer to just push his fetishes onto the characters? I mean when so many characters just so happen to be written with bi or lesbian undertones, that kinda becomes suspect. Contrary to Jeen’s understanding of sexuality, not everyone is bisexual.

When she’s been only romantically involved with men her entire existence.
    That doesn't make someone straight. Bi people only date one gender all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    That doesn't make someone straight. Bi people only date one gender all the time.
    Not really. Hence the “bi” part.

You can find men and women sexually attractive but, for many reasons, only have had relationships with one or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sexuality isn't defined by who you sleep with. It's about who you are attracted to. For instance, Anna Paquin identifies as a bisexual woman, but she is in a monogamous marriage with a man and has children with him.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    You can find men and women sexually attractive but, for many reasons, only have had relationships with one or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Sexuality isn't defined by who you sleep with. It's about who you are attracted to. For instance, Anna Paquin identifies as a bisexual woman, but she is in a monogamous marriage with a man and has children with him.
    Yeah... sure.

Spectacular Member

Honestly most of Claremont's women read as having powerful friendships to me. Open to interpretation, as stories are, but they generally don't feel as blatant as people say.

But Kitty and Rachel are another story.
    By Mekanix he seemed downright desperate to make it canon for Kitty.

His obvious contempt for the wedding in the special was delicious.