Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

By the way. I didn’t state that was my opinion. I’m just saying in the Iceman case.. I see nobody doubting he is gay. I mean theirs issues there. Like all his past relationships with women but still I see nobody doubting he is gay. That’s why I said if it’s stated in the book eventually.. I think it will be.. more people won’t doubt it. Some will still be in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Um, I wish it was simple as that, but it's actually much more complicated. Let's take into account the actual history/context of LGBTQI+ representation in mainstream comics. Writers have been denied to portray characters as queer for decades. For example, Mystique and Destiny were created in the 80's but they only had their first on-panel kiss on a comic that was released this year (!). So it's not just like any writer could portray a characters' sexuality the way they want, there are editors, company men, and all other sorts of factors to take into consideration, and any progress takes years to be constructed.
    Yes that is true, but it hasn't been the '80s since, well, the '80s. If they had wanted to turn Kitty bi/gay just as tokenism, they would have done it a decade or two ago. I don't buy "society was too backwards to accept it before this year" argument here.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Also...regardless of all the "subtexts", planned or otherwise, some writers just weren't/aren't interested in writing them as queer/a queer plot.
    Which is okies.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Exactly. Kitty should be allowed to explore her love for other women in greater depth. Especially if her eyes are set on Felicia Hardy....
    Currently (please note my avatar and remember that stamp is from 1954 and was abandoned/abolished in 2001), wouldn't said exploration rely solely on the writer(s), artist(s), and the editor's discretion?
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-19-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yes that is true, but it hasn't been the '80s since, well, the '80s. If they had wanted to turn Kitty bi/gay just as tokenism, they would have done it a decade or two ago. I don't buy "society was too backwards to accept it before this year" argument here.
    That’s a pretty optimistic perspective. Even recently DC comics were reluctant to depict Harley and Ivy in a relationship even though both characters were confirmed queer. https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...-relationship/

If an editor or any other higher ups are resistant to the idea than the character simply isn’t going to be written as queer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    You’re bi! And you’re bi! Everybody’s bi!
    LOL, yeah, I've noticed his gimmick (if you want to call it such) too.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I always thought of her as straight as well. She heavily reminded me of lots of girls in college who flirt with queer identities for attention and not because they are actually part of those communities. All of them completely left those queer communities after they were done with their social 20's.
    I'd rather have Rachel or Magik confirmed as queer than Kate.
    Mission accomplished!