Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He also thought Kitty giving Cyclops a friendly shoulder tap was proof that Scitty was happening. So clearly he doesn't feel THAT bad about extrapolating subtext from certain panels.
    I was afraid it would happen. I didn’t want it. But don’t let facts get in the way!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Was that shoulder tap more suggestive than these?

*snip*

I wasn’t the only one who was afraid it was gonna happen.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Bendis likes Kitty. He would never punish her like that.

Still failing to see the problem if this happens when her creator intended for her to be bisexual and it wouldn't change any of her previous romances or the current one with Colossus.

There is literally no downside and people get representation. Where's the problem?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Still failing to see the problem if this happens when her creator intended for her to be bisexual and it wouldn't change any of her previous romances or the current one with Colossus.

There is literally no downside and people get representation. Where's the problem?
    People are homophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    People are homophobic.
    Sad but true, they ruin everything.
    Can't have queer characters without no peace.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Sad but true, they ruin everything.
    Can't have queer characters without no peace.
    It’s not homophobic when people are bothered if an integral part of a character is changed, thus turning it into a completely different character masquerading as the old one. Very few people care when there is a gay character that was created gay. By all means, create as many new gay characters as you want it utilize existing ones. Just don’t change the ones that aren’t gay.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 06-10-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

There has been a quite fervent fandom that associates Kitty as being at the very least bicurious

So yeah it's part of why her forced romance with Colossus is viewed with disgust (also the age gap is another problematic area to consider)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    It’s not homophobic when people are bothered if an integral part of a character is changed, thus turning it into a completely different character masquerading as the old one. Very few people care when there is a gay character that was created gay. By all means, create as many new gay characters as you want it utilize existing ones. Just don’t change the ones that aren’t gay.
    But Kitty's creator intended for her to be bisexual. Wouldn't the change be her being straight?

Also, creating new characters isn't easy, just look at all the anger towards them these past few years. It seems like a lot of comic fans don't want new characters...
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-10-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

It’s not homophobic when people are bothered if an integral part of a character is changed, thus turning it into a completely different character masquerading as the old one. Very few people care when there is a gay character that was created gay.
    Kitty’s creator says she’s bi. She also has multiple instances implying as such in her history, including an attraction to and near kiss with Karma and actually being coupled with, and having children with, Rachel in the future. This and more all happened, we’re already there. There’s no “change” here, it’d only be acknowledgement.

Like I said before, there are weirdos on the internet that can’t comprehend the idea of close friendships and turn it into something sexual.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He also thought Kitty giving Cyclops a friendly shoulder tap was proof that Scitty was happening. So clearly he doesn't feel THAT bad about extrapolating subtext from certain panels.
    I can only speak for myself, but I always felt that Scott's relationship with Kitty was a surrogate sibling. He seemed to treat her somewhat as the younger sister he hoped to see surpass him someday.

One of my best friends came out as bi after years of friendship, they weren't "a whole new person", they literally were just honest about their sexual orientation and nothing else. These are fictional characters, literally the only thing that might change is their relationships, how does anyone have a problem with that. I personally don't completely see Storm as 100% bi myself but if she came out as bi well it sure wouldn't be a surprise and I wouldn't have a problem with it because she's the exact same character.

BANNED

Like I said before, there are weirdos on the internet that can’t comprehend the idea of close friendships and turn it into something sexual.
    Literally all those close friendships were written by the “weirdo on the internet” who created her, defined her said she’s bi. He consciously wrote a romantic component into basically all those friendships. This happened, it’s too late.

I think the issue is more the weirdos on the internet who can’t accept that.