Default Star Wars: Fallen Order game announced

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/9/...e-date-ea-play

The game will apparentally take place between Episodes III and IV and will deal with a Padawan, probably on the run from Vader, the Inquisitors and the rest of the Empire.

It's a bit unclear whether this will rework some of the material from the Visceral game that was pretty much cancelled, or what kind of gameplay it will use (Titanfall was an FPS).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I get the impression that this is a totally different game. Visceral's single player game was supposed to be set some time shortly after Episode IV and involve a group of smugglers and criminals with ties to the Rebellion and revolve around a chaos system which the player could employ to upset the Imperial forces and see their stance and tactics change.

Personally I'm hoping this game could involve a bit of character customization with the Jedi character. Think Jaden Korr in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. I would expect this game will try and employ force powers and lightsaber combat in a way which reflects the systems the Titanfall games previously utilized...

I'm not too much into anything jedi/sith related but well, that could be fun.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The announcement of the game was so underwhelming. No trailer, no screenshots, not even concept art. Just a really awkward sit down with the developers where they talk about it in a matter of fact way. Hard to be excited.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The announcement of the game was so underwhelming. No trailer, no screenshots, not even concept art. Just a really awkward sit down with the developers where they talk about it in a matter of fact way. Hard to be excited.
    Yeah, it seems like it's really under developed at this point making me wonder why announce anything at all if all you really have is a name and some vague ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yeah, that was one of the weirdest game reveals I have ever seen (and not in a good way).

BANNED

It's still EA. I'm not expecting anything I'll be interested (as in single player offline, no monetization schemes) to come from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that was one of the weirdest game reveals I have ever seen (and not in a good way).
    It felt like neither the interviewer or the producer wanted to be there, seriously that was one of the most awkward things I've seen.

iMan 42s

I'm just curious why they would even bother announcing this. A thing to keep in mind is this is expected to release around Holiday 2019.

Therefore they brought nothing.
    No teaser, no trailer, no gameplay, no concept art, no actors, no developers, no fluff behind the scenes talk, not even a logo. This game is over a year and a half away from a release, and they brought nothing to the presentation? This game might as well not exist. Perhaps a full reveal at E3 isn't out of the question but as an EA product you'd think something of substance would show up at EA's own event.

Games take roughly around 2-3 years to develop (as far as big titles) and the game announced in early 2016. The game at this point has been in development for close to about two years, and we've only just now gotten a synopsis and title. Late reveal, nothing of substance being revealed, and the awkwardness of the interview leads me to believe this game is nowhere near being completed. EA being EA I'm expecting another disaster.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Once I heard it was set between Episode III and IV I let out a big groan. I don't know if they've ever had games set during that time period, but it's a bit overdone for me after watching so many things set during that time period i.e. Rogue One, Rebels and Solo. I've enjoyed each of those things, and there's a possibility that I can enjoy this game too, but it is as bit much.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Once I heard it was set between Episode III and IV I let out a big groan. I don't know if they've ever had games set during that time period, but it's a bit overdone for me after watching so many things set during that time period i.e. Rogue One, Rebels and Solo. I've enjoyed each of those things, and there's a possibility that I can enjoy this game too, but it is as bit much.
    It's a period that covers two decades that has hardly been scratched. And most of the scratching was in the last 5-ish years before A New Hope.
    Last edited by Carabas; 06-10-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's a period that covers two decades that has hardly been scratched. And most of the scratching was in the last 5-ish years before A New Hope.
    For real, it's called the dark times for a reason. It's a period where you can do nearly anything you want and still connect it to the original trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    When you put it like that, I'm actually a bit more excited to see what they'll do now. Definitely won't be a first day buy, but I can see myself purchasing it once it gets down to the 30-40 dollar range.