Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    It's called character development. But I can understand why you don't like it. You have your opinion. Daken isn't just a boring Creed, or a redundant "OG" Wolverine; who really should stay dead, honestly. But that's just, imo. Daken is very unique from Wolverine and his enemies. If being written correctly that is. From Liu and Way's writing. Bendis, Jason Aarron, and Rick Remender had know clue had to write such a complicated-yet, sophestic character like Daken. They only use Daken for character devoplment to elevate...well...Wolverine. Each time Daken continues to grow in his own book at the time, others chose to ignore it, just to make him another Creed who hates Wolverine.

Continuity is the problem with Daken. Each time someone write Daken, its different from the book he's being written somewhere else. Sina had Daken be a villian in his Ice man book. Despite being in ANW helped his sisters. Although, Sina did justified his actions by saying, it was the death seed and it was before ANW. Still, it proves Marvel writers are choosing to ignore others past work. Daken died at the end of his solo. But was revieved, without any explanation by Remender, joining the brotherhood out of nowhere, just so Daken can die again, giving Wolverine unnecessary devoplment. Before he died in his solo, Daken already got his revenge on Wolverine. Leaving him with nothing. So why join the brother hood for? Why kidnap Genesis, despite his own past? Easy. Remender chose to ignore it.

Uncanny Avengers, he was brought back a horseman. We find out the reason why he joined Creed. A bet. He didn't think Logan would have the balls to kill him. How does this sound like Daken? He spouting nonsense about taking him into the school, making him a "good man" like him, to prove Creed wrong. Horrible dialouge, nothing like Daken. Of course, if you recall, it ends with Wolverine beating Daken, but not killing him this time. What was the point of this? Making Logan look good.

Soule and Fawks were doing the right thing, and putting the fixing repairing Daken. Despite his horrible writing in the past, they manage to fix that, too. He was evolving, no longer having a grudge against Logan, some what; acknowledging his hate for was petty. He grew close with Laura. Even more so than Logan ever did, in my eyes. Daken isn't a villain, he sure as hell ain't a good guy. He does what he wants. Daken is a smart, manipulative, SOB -killer. Not conding his actions on that, but that's pretty much a majority of Marvel heroes and villains.

But with Tom Taylor's writing Daken made me fall in love with his character again. It sort of reminded me of Liu's collision. Don't have much time here, I'll explain why I like it next time.

A story I recommend you all should read, if you hadn't already. And now, here we are. Daken is an X-men. (Getting pay to be one, lol) And yet....is now being chewed out by Zombie? Claiming he still hates Wolverine in that other "Hunting Wolverine" book. Once again, writers keep screwing with the character. I'm not implying Daken should be a good guy, or anything. I just want one consistency in one of my favorite character.

You don't have to like Daken, that's fine. (OP) I'm not going to try to convince you. I'm just defending/trying to for one of my faves. But you have to admit,or don't... Marvel writers tends to ignore continuity.

And Daken is waaaaaaay better than Jimmy.
    Yes I understand this and if anything I just think it would have been a totally different enmity if Daken's main target was Laura not his father.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Yes I understand this and if anything I just think it would have been a totally different enmity if Daken's main target was Laura not his father.
    Sorry, I mean for the creator of this thread. But that is interesting. You want Daken target Laura? I'm curious as to why.

Sorry, I mean for the creator of this thread. But that is interesting. You want Daken target Laura? I'm curious as to why.
    They are a mirror image of each other and I can sort of see them as interesting enemies.

Let's not **** up relationships and character development "just because".

I'm just not understansing where this whole "hero" angle on Daken came from. No one in Marvel is pushing that. Not every villain has to be a psychopathic monster who kills countless people in order to maintain their 'villainhood'. There can be shades of grey, even the Great & Wise Claremont prophesied that to us. Even though Mystique has a tragic backstory, loved Kurt & Rogue to death, and found a fulfilling romantic life with Destiny, there was no denying that she was a villain through and through.

Daken saved Roosevelt Island, which seems heroic as hell. But with a little bit of context, you know he only did that because Laura, his sister who he's super close with, needed help. He didn't join Polaris' team out of the goodness of his heart, he got paid in Adamantium Dual-Swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Let's not **** up relationships and character development "just because".
    I know but it's nice to dream.

It's called character development. But I can understand why you don't like it. You have your opinion. Daken isn't just a boring Creed, or a redundant "OG" Wolverine; who really should stay dead, honestly. But that's just, imo. Daken is very unique from Wolverine and his enemies. If being written correctly that is. From Liu and Way's writing. Bendis, Jason Aarron, and Rick Remender had know clue had to write such a complicated-yet, sophestic character like Daken. They only use Daken for character devoplment to elevate...well...Wolverine. Each time Daken continues to grow in his own book at the time, others chose to ignore it, just to make him another Creed who hates Wolverine.

Continuity is the problem with Daken. Each time someone write Daken, its different from the book he's being written somewhere else. Sina had Daken be a villian in his Ice man book. Despite being in ANW helped his sisters. Although, Sina did justified his actions by saying, it was the death seed and it was before ANW. Still, it proves Marvel writers are choosing to ignore others past work. Daken died at the end of his solo. But was revieved, without any explanation by Remender, joining the brotherhood out of nowhere, just so Daken can die again, giving Wolverine unnecessary devoplment. Before he died in his solo, Daken already got his revenge on Wolverine. Leaving him with nothing. So why join the brother hood for? Why kidnap Genesis, despite his own past? Easy. Remender chose to ignore it.

Uncanny Avengers, he was brought back a horseman. We find out the reason why he joined Creed. A bet. He didn't think Logan would have the balls to kill him. How does this sound like Daken? He spouting nonsense about taking him into the school, making him a "good man" like him, to prove Creed wrong. Horrible dialouge, nothing like Daken. Of course, if you recall, it ends with Wolverine beating Daken, but not killing him this time. What was the point of this? Making Logan look good.

Soule and Fawks were doing the right thing, and putting the fixing repairing Daken. Despite his horrible writing in the past, they manage to fix that, too. He was evolving, no longer having a grudge against Logan, some what; acknowledging his hate for was petty. He grew close with Laura. Even more so than Logan ever did, in my eyes. Daken isn't a villain, he sure as hell ain't a good guy. He does what he wants. Daken is a smart, manipulative, SOB -killer. Not conding his actions on that, but that's pretty much a majority of Marvel heroes and villains.

But with Tom Taylor's writing Daken made me fall in love with his character again. It sort of reminded me of Liu's collision. Don't have much time here, I'll explain why I like it next time.

A story I recommend you all should read, if you hadn't already. And now, here we are. Daken is an X-men. (Getting pay to be one, lol) And yet....is now being chewed out by Zombie? Claiming he still hates Wolverine in that other "Hunting Wolverine" book. Once again, writers keep screwing with the character. I'm not implying Daken should be a good guy, or anything. I just want one consistency in one of my favorite character.

You don't have to like Daken, that's fine. (OP) I'm not going to try to convince you. I'm just defending/trying to for one of my faves. But you have to admit,or don't... Marvel writers tends to ignore continuity.

And Daken is waaaaaaay better than Jimmy.
    Thanks for your answer, i might have my problems with Daken but is always nice to listen other fans opinions, even if i disagreed. To be frank you do have a point regarding continuity, since 2002 it has been very inconsistent for Marvel, with many writters ignoring what came before or just not trying to have a consisten charactherization.

Well, yeah Daken has a characther, Jimmy doesn't really have one .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Thanks for your answer, i might have my problems with Daken but is always nice to listen other fans opinions, even if i disagreed. To be frank you do have a point regarding continuity, since 2002 it has been very inconsistent for Marvel, with many writters ignoring what came before or just not trying to have a consisten charactherization.

Well, yeah Daken has a characther, Jimmy doesn't really have one .
    Yeah, Marvel sucks with continuity. And people have their own opinons. I respect that. But glad we can agree, Jimmy sucks, lol.

I can only sell him as a villain.

I like the earlier post of someone saying a Hellfire Club's version of Wolverine.

I would say Wolverine mix with Mystique's personality and sexuality mix

I am an honest signal PunishedFire's Avatar

Daken can and should be sold as a great, periphery villain. Not someone that brawls like a fool (but that can throw down if necessary) and who is adept at playing in society.

He is everything Shinobi Shaw was too much of a non-starter to ever be.

He should be creating wheels within wheels and coldly manipulating people emotionally, socially and mentally like the sociopath that he clearly is. Never make him nice. Never make him "redeemable". Do not turn him into a "young Loki".

I've always liked that he seems to have a major inferiority complex and it makes him a good character. He bites off more than he can chew and that is when he is best. His ambition outstrips his capability....but his capability should still remain quite high.