Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Nice one and done, with FANTASTIC art. Between this issue and the backup in All Star Batman, Fiumara needs a steady art gig in Gotham. I don’t remember the last time I enjoyed an issue of ‘Tec this much. Hope the next team can deliver the goods.
    I gotta agree tbh, i loved it and really miss this kind of batman stories.
    The only thing that took me out of it was the moral support. Robin bitching was especially grating.

Yeah the art was the only thing worth anything in this issue. I don't understand why they needed this issue between Tynion and the dude bringing in Black Lightning. The art was great. If Cullen Bunn had used him on Dark Ark I might still be reading that book.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    I gotta agree tbh, i loved it and really miss this kind of batman stories.
    The only thing that took me out of it was the moral support. Robin bitching was especially grating.
    Robin did not bitch, your hate is showing now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Robin did not bitch, your hate is showing now.
    bitching.jpg

4. Slang A complaint.
    5. Slang Something very unpleasant or difficult: Fixing the faucet turned out to be a bitch.
    Its literally the definition of the word. Fanboys gonna fanboy i guess.

Anyway, im not gonna argue with you, if you have a problem with it take it up with the people at thefreedictionary.com

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

That scene was in Batman’s head, I’m fairly certain. It’s just teenage snark, but that can be looked at as bitching. Still love me some Damian though.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

BANNED

It was in batmans head. It is teenage snark, and its also a praise to Bruce.
    It just completely took me out of it because it clashed badly with the mood and tone set by the story.
    Last edited by Mataza; 06-14-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I liked both the art and story for this issue. This is the best interpretation of Batman I've seen in a very long time, including both King's and Tynion's runs. It was dark, atmospheric and captured the true essence of Batman. Fighting against great odds to save one life, recognizing and remembering what he's truly fighting for and knowing that both he and Gotham is not perfect. Tec needs to get back to doing these kind of stories, not whatever the hell Tynion was doing. A truly wonderful issue.
    This.

Enjoyed it teenage snark and all this was a welcome return to good Batman stories in the main books
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-14-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Really? I'm very surprised. I had the opposite reaction - the story for me was very meh, but the art was really dramatic and different. What didn't work for you about the art?
    It was just too gritty and muddy for me, I like a more clean style for superhero comics. I think it would have been great for Swamp Thing for instance.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    It was just too gritty and muddy for me, I like a more clean style for superhero comics. I think it would have been great for Swamp Thing for instance.
    Fair enough. I like the more painterly look, but I also love a good clean line, so I can understand, even if I don't have the same reaction. Thanks!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Nice one and done, with FANTASTIC art. Between this issue and the backup in All Star Batman, Fiumara needs a steady art gig in Gotham. I don’t remember the last time I enjoyed an issue of ‘Tec this much. Hope the next team can deliver the goods.
    I totally agree with everything you said. This was the best issue of 'Tec in a LONG time for me. Just Batman solo, solving mysteries, you know, DETECTIVE comics. I was really getting tired of the Batman team book. If they want to have a Batman team book I just wish they would make a separate book and leave Batman to do his detective work in this one.

But yeah, LOVED the art too. Dark and spooky, totally fit with the Batman theme.