BANNED

Default The Girl In The Spider's Web Trailer

The English film version of Stieg Larson's Millenium series has been re-booted, or picked up with the Crown's Claire Foy in the role of Lisabeth Salander. The role was originally played by Rooney Mara in Girl with the Dragon tattoo.

They are going right into the spin off books as as opposed to Larson's other books (which I understand doesn't have that much of Salander to begin with)

The trailer dropped yesterday for the new film The Girl In The Spider's Web:

And all I have to say is wow. Foy really impressed me in the Crown. But she really is doing it big time in this. And I don't mean because of her get up. She's one of the few actressess or women period who can give off an aura of power without coming across as if she's angry. I really find it amazing.

BANNED

International Teaser:

Invincible Member

Looks interesting but what I liked about the original trilogy was how complex and ( relatively) grounded it was. This almost looks like standard action movie.

Astonishing Member

Interesting. They seem to be leaning more heavily towards the idea of Lisbeth being a kind of superhero/vigilante character. Which admittedly was a major aspect of the character in the books, but far from completely defining her.

Its been years since I've read the book this is supposed to be based on, but judging by the trailer, I don't think there's much of the books' storyline in the film.

Possible SPOILERS ahead

The book is more focused on a cyber-terrorism conspiracy rather than straight-up action hijinks. The murder of a mathematical genius plays a major role in the book, which there's no indication of in the trailer. Rather, based on the trailer, it seems that the focus is Lisbeth's direct conflict with her sister - which is in the book, but as more of a background detail gradually revealed over time. (I don't even think the two meet face-to-face in the book).

BANNED

I'm half way through the audio recording of the book. Salander is hardly in it all. The bulk of the story appears to be about cyber crime and inter- office politics at various law enforcement agencies and a magazine. So I am guessing that they will follow the gist of the story but change the focus or beef up Salander's role. The moment I saw her in the trailer I immediately thought of the Connery era Bond Girls. Cold, independent and dangerous.